Would you be in a relationship

last reply
13 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello I have a question for all the lovely girls out here.

Would you be dating a guy even if you would not be physically attracted to him? I am talking about that "animal lust"

Thanks smile
Lurker
0 likes
There has to be attraction on some level.

My husband and I aren't hot, rip off our clothes everyday kind of attraction, but there is still attraction. Even though that would be nice....

So I think the wild animalistic attraction is awesome...but you don't have to have it, or maybe you start that way, but it evolves into something different.
Lurker
0 likes
Short answer: no.

Physical attraction is what sets the wheels in motion.

They can come to a grinding halt if what comes out of his mouth isn't to my liking or mine to his.
Lurker
0 likes
Even if I'm not physically attracted? Long shot. I'd imagine the trade-off would have to be pretty big...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thank you for your answers, i believe charisma is the one important. Altho charisma and physical attraction are win win combinations
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Umm NO,If there is no initial attraction then how can there be any kind of lust. Maybe I am too blonde to figure that out or DUH!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
No, I wouldn't, although I fully understand that once you've been in a relationship for a long time, that animal lust thing either settles down or you have to constantly work at it. Initially going into a relationship, however, that physical chemistry *has* to be there.

Once you've invested a lot and have a strong connection in non-physical ways, the answer to that Q may become more complicated, but unless you're both older (ie. when hand-holding, cruises and pigeon feeding in the park become the focus), I think two people in a relationship owe it themselves to try to work on the sexual spark and see if you can get it back.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No, there's always a hint of physical attraction to a person in any type of a relationship, sexual or not. It what helps us determine what is beautiful and appealing to our own selves.

0 likes
Something about a person is always sexy. .a great laugh crooked grin the way they listen to u as if u are the only person in the world...but without the za za zou as miranda said in sex in the city..its za za eww
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your question specifically mentions dating - I suppose you mean "going out with" as opposed to "having sex with". I have "been out with" men I haven't felt strongly physically attracted to, mostly because they've piqued my interest or been really sweet. A lot of work comes my way through personal contacts but I'm glad to say I've never dated a man for professional reasons, although I've had offers and, I believe, lost work as a consequence.

Anything more and it's needed real physical attraction. I know it mellows with familiarity - my partner and I have been together for years and of course it's changed - but the underlying animal lust is there. I was instantly in lust when I met my partner for the first time. If we're still together in thirty years, I want that lust to be there.

In the past, women had to accept the love lives they were handed by their men. I don't see why, in this day and age, any woman should have to put up with second-best feelings and third-rate love, emotional or physical.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think so! Guys like that fall into the friend category, not the dating category.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a chance! Now there are good friends that you would never date. But one of those days when the chemistry is just right magic can happen.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Nope. If I hang with a guy because we're friends and I like his personality, I don't call it dating. But I wouldn't be in a sexual relationship with any guy I wasn't hot for.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have often accompanied a guy to a function on a couple of occasions not expecting it would end in bed. Yes I can like a guy and not desire his sexual attention.