Why shouldn't (or should) guys show their dicks in their profiles

last reply
37 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Someone asked on the Ask the Guys Forum why guys show their dicks (in their profiles). I always thought just because it's naughty was reason enough. I think women should show their naughty bits on their profile, if they don't have a particular risk reason not to, because it is a liberating experience and we can all use more of those. But there seems to be a subset of women who think men shouldn't. Why?
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no way just just six pack that a turn on for me
Lurker
0 likes
It's up to the individual if they want to post pictures of their rude bits. It's also up to other individuals if they like looking at them.

There's no right or wrong.

Personally I'm not interested in looking at peoples rude bits on their profiles but each to their own.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I don't look at them on purpose (lads or lasses' bits), I just get embarrassed by it and cringe, but that says more about me than it does about them. I do, however, admire their bravery and confidence for posting them, and if other people enjoy looking at them, that's lovely.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i have no problem with guys putting their dicks on display. i just find it a bit weird when that is your only pic.

Say. Her. Name.

Flirtatiously Fluttering
0 likes
I agree that it is liberating for some to be able to post "naughty" pics of themselves. I think the person needs to decide for themselves if they want to do it or not. Either way, people will always have an opinion about it..some good, some bad.

For me personally, I am amused when the only pics in the image gallery is of their "johnson"... at different angles, in various states of arousal. I don't find it sexy or a turn on.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I always feel sorry for a person when I see a picture of their Happy Bits that they were brave enough to put on Lush, and then nobody comments on it. I thought about putting, "I admire your confidence" on one, but I thought they would think I couldn't find anything nice to say, and then get all paranoid, so I thought it was better not to say anything at all.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
I always feel sorry for a person when I see a picture of their Happy Bits that they were brave enough to put on Lush, and then nobody comments on it. I thought about putting, "I admire your confidence" on one, but I thought they would think I couldn't find anything nice to say, and then get all paranoid, so I thought it was better not to say anything at all.

My mom used to say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I do that a lot.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

My mom used to say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I do that a lot.

Lurker
0 likes
I always believed that if you got it (and you're proud of it), then flaunt it. If you don't wanna see it, then don't look at it. It's not anymore the owner's problem. But to be honest, it does get me off when the only photo i can see off you is a photo of your "Happy Bits". A nice photo of his torso is good to see though
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped96
i have no problem with guys putting their dicks on display. i just find it a bit weird when that is your only pic.

Or when there are a dozen pictures of it from just a few angles, and nothing else. Seriously, are you that conceited?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Personally, as a penis owner, I can say that it's probably a good thing you don't say that. If I were to post a picture of mine and a woman were to say that, I would think that she thought it was small. Same thing in real life. Think about it. What if you had a penis, got naked in front of a woman to have sex with her the first time, and she looked down at. Which would you rather hear? "Ooh, it beautiful!" - "Wow, it's so big!" - OR "Well, I admire your confidence."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CuriousButterfly

For me personally, I am amused when the only pics in the image gallery is of their "johnson"... at different angles, in various states of arousal. I don't find it sexy or a turn on.

This. Especially the low angle shot to make it look huuuuge.

I dont mind penis pics but theres alot to be said for 'less is more' and leaving something to the imagination. Id prefer to see a torso shot with a nice bulge through jeans or boxers tbh.

Same with women. I hate the shots of the lips spread so wide i can see right up to the cervix.... not sexy!
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
This. Especially the low angle shot to make it look huuuuge.

Damn, you girls know about that? Back to the drawing board, lads.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by SeaCreature

Personally, as a penis owner, I can say that it's probably a good thing you don't say that. If I were to post a picture of mine and a woman were to say that, I would think that she thought it was small. Same thing in real life. Think about it. What if you had a penis, got naked in front of a woman to have sex with her the first time, and she looked down at. Which would you rather hear? "Ooh, it beautiful!" - "Wow, it's so big!" - OR "Well, I admire your confidence."

Well, I DO admire their confidence. It's a positive thing! But I didn't say anything, but I presume everybody is as paranoid as I am, and would take it (ooer) the wrong way.

Besides, i don't know what a "beautiful" or "ugly" penis is - I haven't had much to do with them. The only two I have met personally were both enormous to me, and it was always dark (one told me he was average but it proper was huge). I get the feeling any bloke who shares his willy with me is going to feel like it's huge, so bonus.

Anyway, I think men with confidence are proper sexy, so if I said it to a fella, it would be quickly followed by, "Can I please play with that?" so I don't think he'd mind too much.

Empress of the Moon
0 likes
A stiff dick on it's own, without a man attached, isn't that attractive. Just posting pictures of your dick makes me think that you think it's the defining thing about you.
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Absolutely, nothing wrong if you want to be sure to be deleted. Well at least with women of a certain age. We know what it looks like and how to use it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CoopsRuthie
A stiff dick on it's own, without a man attached, isn't that attractive. Just posting pictures of your dick makes me think that you think it's the defining thing about you.

Please allow me to use your quote as way to adress many of the responses. I'm not going to speak for all guys, but I can say that the point, for me, isn't "to attract" or "to impress with my attractiveness" or "to turn on". In my case, it's "to amuse" and "to reveal something very personal", but then, in order for you to realize that might require a better understanding of my nature. The defining thing about me is not a visible part of my body. The defining thing about me is my mind and that comes through in my stories. I'm not going to attempt to turn a woman on with my body, because I'm not here for that. If I'm going to seduce a woman, it will be with my mind, through my words.

But unfortunately, I have to prevent any connection between my real name and my nom de plume. Because I reveal the dark corners of my mind, it's the responsible thing to do. Both the foreground and background of a photo could be used to discern an identity, even when the face is concealed. Some people can get away with posting photos of their face and writing erotica. I can't. So I have to confine any posting of images to those that don't define me, in order to not have to inhibit what I write. It's a trade off.

I could choose, as many of the authors have, to post no photos at all, but that seems almost unfriendly, considering how openly so many others reveal themselves. So I post what I feel I can dare to. In my case, an appropriate comment on any of my current photos would be "That's hilarious!". Maybe I had more ego on the line when I was younger, but I try not to take any "shortcomings" I may have too seriously now.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Well, I DO admire their confidence. It's a positive thing! But I didn't say anything, but I presume everybody is as paranoid as I am, and would take it (ooer) the wrong way.

Besides, i don't know what a "beautiful" or "ugly" penis is - I haven't had much to do with them. The only two I have met personally were both enormous to me, and it was always dark (one told me he was average but it proper was huge). I get the feeling any bloke who shares his willy with me is going to feel like it's huge, so bonus.

Anyway, I think men with confidence are proper sexy, so if I said it to a fella, it would be quickly followed by, "Can I please play with that?" so I don't think he'd mind too much.

Apparently, they also freak out when you poke it with your finger and run down the hallway yelling that you don't want the trouser monster to give you cooties. .. .. er. .. or so I've heard
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by one_winged_angel

Apparently, they also freak out when you poke it with your finger and run down the hallway yelling that you don't want the trouser monster to give you cooties. .. .. er. .. or so I've heard

They also moan like they're in pain, or something, when you suck it gently. I think that must be something they don't like.

Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, and if you touch those roundy thingies under the 'monster' they stiffen up like you do when you eat something sour, that must be a no-no as well
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Yeah, and if you touch those roundy thingies under the 'monster' they stiffen up like you do when you eat something sour, that must be a no-no as well

So, when they post pictures of their Happy Bits, are they showing us the bits they don't want us to touch?

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CoopsRuthie

I have to agree with this.

If privacy is a concern, then don't post pictures. Or, if you must, post a non-copyright/your photo of something that actually does help define you; an item, etc.

Dicks, in and of themselves, aren't creepy, but a man, with a penis, but no face, other interests, etc. is.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

So, when they post pictures of their Happy Bits, are they showing us the bits they don't want us to touch?

I think so, it's like when they color the button that you shouldn't press red. They make it all big, red and shiny so you know you shouldn't press it. Maybe it's the same concept?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

I think so, it's like when they color the button that you shouldn't press red. They make it all big, red and shiny so you know you shouldn't press it. Maybe it's the same concept?

Yet again, Lush has learned me a proper lesson.

Lurker
0 likes
I hear there's a new lesson every week.

Next Sunday: Guys secretly like it when you tie them up and then put on a hockey mask and wave a fake machete around. It makes them feel like they're in Friday the 13th. The effect is even better if you don't say a word while you tear their clothes off.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Prefer a body or face photo for the Avatar but a nice looking hard cock in the other pics gives me a tingle.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i don't mind it but i agree with the ladies that say a great pic of chest & abs can be way hotter... i guess as long as the guy is fit i have no problem haha

♥ J