last reply
13 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hello all!

I will explain the situation a little. Me and my girlfriend, we are having long distance relationships at the moment. I was visiting her and we decided to walk into the erotic shop. That was the moment when I find out that she wants a toy. I playfully said that I will get one for her and she said she would love too. We didn't pick one together at local sex shop because there wasn't big variety of toys so we agreed that I will do it online.

Of course I know and realize that she should be the one who picks and chooses the toy (or at least helps me to buy one) because no one else knows what she would prefer better than herself. But when I asked what kind of toy she would like, she said "Surprise me!". Kind of it is not fair to me because i'm pretty sure that not all toys are good for all women. Maybe she is shy about it in someway but anyway.

I searched info about toys which one is "better" and blah blah blah.. I have in mind what I could buy but before that I want to ask maybe for some tips advice from real people not articles.

What she was looking at in the sex shop was those small vibrators for clitoris. So I guess she wants toy for clitoris stimulation more than penetration. So there is also option for "magic wand vibrator". Also I know that she enjoys g-spot penetration maybe it would be practical to get those double vibrators for both spots.

I understand that every woman is different, but still maybe someone have tip or advice?
Maybe I'm just overreacting maybe it is not that big deal, but hey it will be the first toy for her also me because I have no experience with sex toys in real life.

PS:sorry for my English language if its hard to understand.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well cost may surprise you !

The Toy world is huge!

Over our 33 years of marriage we have spent from $20.00 to a couple of hundred on a toy.

The go to toy for her has turned out to be $50.00 toy called the Celebrator. Comes in a couple of versions but I think they are just updated from the previous one! Not a cock or vibrator but more of a clit vibrator!

I'm sure you will hear a lot of suggestions, there are reviews on a boat load of toys online. Read them!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It really depends on how much you want to spend. You can spend $10 on a Pocket Rocket type vibe and it will work her clit very well and I am sure she will orgasm OR you can go for $200 and get her a Lelo Soraya which stimulates the clit and G-Spot simultaneously and get her off like no other. Or go for one of countless toys in between. It all depends on budget but remember, with Sex Toys like everything else, you get what you pay for!!

Check out the Playroom Forum for more ideas! Have fun shopping!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was dating a girl once, similar situation. Only we brought home a few things. I ended up marrying her and over the years we have had many of toys. Here's my advice, spend the extra cash and but a quality toy. We have mainly bought Lelo toys. Her favorite is the Lelo Ina 2 and the Lelo medium wand. Check them out on Amazon, they have the best prices. Ins is great for solo play or DP but the wand is great for clit stimulation both solo and together. They will pay for themselves by the time you buy 2-3 replacement toys when they break or come apart in 6mo to a year. They are well worth the money.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
The best toys for not a whole lot of money are the Hitachi Magic Wand which is the 2nd strongest vibrator on the market. You can pick up for about $50.00. Your girlfriend will not be disappointed.

The Lelo Gigi is about 110.00. Which is a very sleek rechargeable vibrator. It packs a punch and is really amazing.

Those are my two favorites.

xo
0 likes
As previously mentioned, the money you spend on a high-end toy (one by Lelo or Fun Factory or Minna) will more than repay itself over the course of a year. The Lush Store has many good options in the first two brands, not sure about the last (the Minna Ola is my all-time favourite toy, and Minna's customer service is awesome).

The Click 'N Charge recharging feature on the Fun Factory and Minna toys is very nice and makes things definitively waterproof; Lelo hasn't quite caught up with this trend, and so my only advice with Lelo toys is, save your receipt. They will demand to see it should you ever need to have it replaced. Minna just wants to know how the toy failed, and they will post a new one off to you without further questioning. None of my Fun Factory toys have ever failed, so no feedback there. If you are trying to save money, don't do it with intimate toys, because nothing sucks (no pun intended) so hard as being *right* there and...the batteries die.

Also, think about how she is going to be using them. For private, quick sessions, the Lelo Nea or Siri (I don't know if they still sell this one, the site has a Siri 2) work well. For putting on a show, with you watching, you're going to want to see penetration--so go with the Minna Ola, or the Fun Factory Big Boss, or Fun Factory Stronic Zwei, all of which approach or pass the USD $200 mark. All totally worth it.

Toys In Babeland, now known just as Babeland, has great toy reviews and Staff Picks from the actual staff at their actual brick-and-mortar store in Seattle (there's another one in New York City, but the Seattle store is the original). I bought my first sex toy there (a Hitachi Magic Wand with attachments, which worked but was horribly unwieldy), in the age before smartphones and instant reviews. I've long since ditched anything that needs batteries or to be plugged in to function.

I am not posting the links to Babeland, Good Vibes, or the individual links to Minna, Lelo or Fun Factory out of respect for both the Lush store and for Lelo, both of which support the site financially. You may wish to PM me for the links--I don't know what your first language is, but si vous préférez communiquer en francais, ne hésitez pas à le faire.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wildweasel
Here's my advice, spend the extra cash and but a quality toy. We have mainly bought Lelo toys.

Quote by Mysteria27
The best toys for not a whole lot of money are the Hitachi Magic Wand which is the 2nd strongest vibrator on the market. You can pick up for about $50.00. Your girlfriend will not be disappointed.

The Lelo Gigi is about 110.00. Which is a very sleek rechargeable vibrator. It packs a punch and is really amazing.

Those are my two favorites.

xo

I couldn't agree more. I have 3 Lelos. I have Mona which is a G-Spot vibe, Mia which is a small Lipstick style Clit stimulator and it can be charged in a USB port on my Laptop or in my car which is nice and my favorite Soraya, which works on Clit and G-spot simultaneously! To me (and many others here on Lush) Soraya is the best toy on the market. I have also used the Medium Smart Wand and it works really well too but it I prefer the others more.

The I have never used the Hitachi but I have heard it will get the job done. But to me it is just too big and bulky. Reminds me of something Bamm-Bamm on the Flintstones would carry over his shoulder!! LOL

Like I said above, you get what you pay for and more expensive now may mean in less expensive in long run and Lelo customer service is amazing!! And No, I don't work for them. HAHA

If you decide on a Lelo shop around. The Soraya lists for about $199 on their website but I got mine for $159 and bought one as a gift for $149.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I couldn't agree more. I have 3 Lelos. I have Mona which is a G-Spot vibe, Mia which is a small Lipstick style Clit stimulator and it can be charged in a USB port on my Laptop or in my car which is nice and my favorite Soraya, which works on Clit and G-spot simultaneously! To me (and many others here on Lush) Soraya is the best toy on the market. I have also used the Medium Smart Wand and it works really well too but it I prefer the others more.

The I have never used the Hitachi but I have heard it will get the job done. But to me it is just too big and bulky. Reminds me of something Bamm-Bamm on the Flintstones would carry over his shoulder!! LOL

Like I said above, you get what you pay for and more expensive now may mean in less expensive in long run and Lelo customer service is amazing!! And No, I don't work for them. HAHA

If you decide on a Lelo shop around. The Soraya lists for about $199 on their website but I got mine for $159 and bought one as a gift for $149.

To be honest, I just bought a Sybian which is like the bomb for sex toys. It's expensive but if you can afford it is absolutely worth every penny. I still use my Hitachi wand and my Lelo Gigi, however the Sybian is my new preferred toy of choice. It is everything they say it is.

xoxoox
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are a lot of options and everybody seems to like different things. The Lelo Gigi is nice. So is the Pearl Bird.

Alison xxx
Lurker
0 likes
If it's a first toy, then a nice, plain, simple vibrator that is of great quality (not a "toy" toy) will be sure to please!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you all I will check your recommendations smile !!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If you win the lottery, get her a a Sybian! OMG
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you aren't sure what to get her, go for a kit. They usually range anywhere from $30-$100 and have a variety of toys to choose from.

Most come with a standard sized vibrator, two or three different types of vibrator sleeves, ben-wa balls, an anal toy, clit stimulation gel, sometimes a blindfold or handcuffs. Some come with nipple clamps or clit jewelry. It just depends on which kit you get. But that way she will have a variety of stuff to play with, and she can choose which sleeves she likes best. Then when she is more familiar with what she enjoys, she can choose a more expensive toy for herself.

Try something like this: http://store.lushstories.com/Vibrators/Kits-and-Sleeves/Extreme-Toyz-Collection/sku-CNVELD-PDRD147?a=lushadultstore
And be sure to add plenty of the proper batteries, and maybe a naughty book or a movie.