The most beautiful compliment you ever received

last reply
43 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Did you receive any compliment that really made you feel so special. maybe you want to share us
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I recently got carded at a bar, that was pretty cool. HAHA. Also recently I was shopping with my daughter and the salesman thought we were sisters. Probably just trying to make asale, but it was nice to hear!

As for others, thats private.
Lurker
0 likes
he told me that when i looked at him he could see the sun in my eyes...
Lurker
0 likes
I was told by a gay man that I had such a beautiful body that he wanted to draw me, the lines were perfect, and he couldn't imagine letting a subject so intoxicating get away without asking.
I've had several other comments regarding how I am a painters dream.

On a fun note, I went out last weekend and had to show a second form of ID because the doorman was sure i couldn't be my age.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rockstar81

Not this painter's dream though.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter

you are such a nerd lol
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by rockstar81

meanie
Lurker
0 likes
The bf told me that I was as sweet, kind, loving, and caring as his Grandmother. It still makes me smile when I think of it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Callisto
you are such a nerd lol

I see you're still sucking up to see our pics and vids.

Quote by rockstar81
meanie

More like an honest asshole playing the jester's role.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That most memorable compliment I ever got wasn't about physical attributes.

It really moved me when a guy told me that If I ever have a baby, that the baby would be lucky because they'd have a mom who'd sing pretty lullabies to them.

lol. I think that was sweet
Lurker
0 likes
One day I was feeling really down and was just depressed. I walked around all day at school with my head down and avoided everyone. I was walking to class after lunch and a special ed student came up to me and said "You really shouldnt be sad. You are too pretty to be sad like this. You will never be alone. Someone will always be there for you and god loves you" Then he just walked away. The rest of the day I had the biggest smile on my face and I still smile when I think of that moment
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"I love you, mommy!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just before I turned 50, after a rough night we sat in the morning sun warming ourselves on the porch. I remember avoiding his glances and hiding my face from him. He said,

"What you doing?"

I said "I'm a mess."

Nodding his head he said,

"Yes-You're my mess."

: ) the sweetness of it will stay with me forever
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had just gotten over the flu (Was all sore and achy and looked like hell) and my husband was taking care of me. I was embarrassed about him turning all the lights on because I hadn't showered in 2 days. He cuddled up to me and said that I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, and that me needing him like I did when I was sick just made him love me more. I'm definitely a lucky gal!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This thread makes me smile, I've had a few that I will treasure forever, but don't want to share them, they're too personal. Every time I see this thread it makes me think of them smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I told the guy I love (but can't be with) that he was in my dream. He said, "Cassie, I do not have to sleep in order to dream about you."

He's also said, "I love you, Cassie. You are one of the bravest, strongest people that I know. You are indescribable. Oh, and you are beautiful. It comes as an afterthought because I do not really consider things like that at all, but it is no less true now that I have thought about it. I use you as inspiration, as you know. Thank you for teaching me how to enjoy being me and living life in an improved manner."

A different guy has said, "You are beautiful. But your beauty is deeper than just the pretty looks. Which you have. It's your enthusiasm towards life. The way you can talk for hours to a guy you've yet to meet. It's the way you laugh about EVERYTHING. It's everything about you. Your appreciation of every little nuance of life is just so refreshing and spectacular and just astonishes me. I sometimes cut you off and sometimes am just a straight up dick to you. But you are one of the more beautiful people I've ever known. Usually. Especially with girls. Even ones I have met. They'll be in my life for two months maybe three. Before I decide they annoy me. You've been in my life for awhile and that speaks to how deep and amazing you are."
Lurker
0 likes
i always took it as a huge compliment when, back in the day, the black girls asked me to dance with them! biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
It was by an ex I hadn't seen since 1998 but I went back to London in May and he came for a drinking session me and some old friends were having.
He said that although 'we were not terribly well suited, he enjoyed being with me for the time we were together as I made him smile and laugh a lot and that if there was one thing that nobody could say about me, it was that I was boring.'

Made me laugh because when I was with him I was fairly tame in comparison to other relationships.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, filthy cow was a good one as was 'Dirty bitch' lol
Lurker
0 likes
My youngest daughter says she loves it when I sing to her, because she says that I am the best singer in the whole world...

My oldest daughter once replied to me (when I had told her something nice, which I can't remember)
"Look mummy, my eyes are boinging with lovehearts!"

I loved that so much, but I also cut down the amount of time she was allowed to watch cartoons! hahahaah
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by TheScottishGal

"Look mummy, my eyes are boinging with lovehearts!"

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
"I came reading your story."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I dc bout compliments. Be nice to me say me just true thngs and i ll be nice to u.
Lurker
0 likes
It was about my freckles...I used to get teased about them when I was little. Now they and my crazy curly hair are my trademark
Lurker
0 likes
"Your husband must have been stupid to let you go."

I still love being told that even now.

Yes, I know, it's sad.
Lurker
0 likes
May not be the nicest I ever received, but we went hiking and took some pics this weekend. When we got home and were looking through the pics, my husband of 22 years looked at a pic of me and said "You are just HOT, Babe!" It makes me feel awesome that he still thinks so after so many years.
Lurker
0 likes
A man once came up to me in a club and said, "You are amazingly beautiful but the most striking thing about you is your eyes. They light up when you smile!. I thought women like you only existed in movies. I'm not hitting on you, you are way out of my league. I just had to tell you!" ...... I ended up going home with him! LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You have a beautiful heart
Fantasy: imagination unrestrained by reality; fulfilling a need not gratified in the real world
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I was at a restaurant with friends and I went to the ladies room where I bumped into this really handsome guy. He said "I've been sat here for an hour now and all I can look at is you. I haven't even ordered yet. Are you on the menu?"
VIOLENT FOREPLAY