Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Strong and silent, or cocky and confident?

last reply
70 replies
6.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally i like the silent, shy girl. I dunno why, but she's just so damn sexy.
Lurker
0 likes
I KNOW this is Ask the Gals but this is just too funny! Those of you who have said...SILENT, Do realize that you've just said that you want NO cyber...RIGHT?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
I prefer the strong and silent type...a healthy dose of self-confidence without the cockiness, a healthy dose of humility and willing to accept responsibility for mistakes, would be pretty much the perfect mix.

Rather tongue in cheek, might I interpret the meaning of this as:
Strong = brawn rather than brain
Silent = no ideas worth listening to
Humility = does exactly what he's told to do
Responsible = wears a condom

Historically speaking, some of the greatest lovers were definitely not strong silent types, but extremely self confident and cocky - just a few examples
Don Juan (fictional)
Genghis Khan
Casanova
Henry VIII (although it is not certain whether he could get it up by he last years of his reign)
King Charles II
John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester
Lord Byron
John F Kennedy

History's Great Seducers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Will_greybeard

Historically speaking, some of the greatest lovers were definitely not strong silent types, but extremely self confident and cocky - just a few examples
Don Juan (fictional)
Genghis Khan
Casanova
Henry VIII (although it is not certain whether he could get it up by he last years of his reign)
King Charles II
Lord Byron
John F Kennedy

History's Great Seducers

Your interpretation gave me a much needed giggle this morning.
0 likes
Quote by Will_greybeard

Don Juan (fictional)
Genghis Khan
Casanova
King Charles II
Lord Byron
John F Kennedy

History's Great Seducers

Not exactly what I meant...
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Not exactly what I meant...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, and I know you were making a perfectly serious comment. I was being playful rather than serious, and your original comment was just a convenient peg to hang my comment on. So I repeat that I am sorry, it was not my intention, but I suppose I was rather clumsy.

To be serious myself, both these stereotypes, one might almost say Hollywood stereotypes, bear scant relationship to the full richness of human personality. And we all play different parts, according to our circumstances and the people we are with.

Will
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Neither. Friendly and funny usually does it for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Strong and silent.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ayorkiecharmer
I would tend to describe myself as quiet and thoughtful (even though I do like a good chat and a laugh) so imagine myself fitting into the strong, silent category. But, which types do you ladies prefer to be seduced / chatted up by?

Since I'm the quiet, very discreet type, I prefer to be chatted up by the friendly, confident type but if he's arrogant, I'll be unimpressed.
Lurker
0 likes
Strong and confident.
Lurker
0 likes
Strong and confident.