Smart over Hot

last reply
43 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
As a guy who is not very attractive and little above average in the smart department i would go with brains at least then when we can actually talk on a college level...
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
hmmmmmm. smart, witty and clean cut could work for me (hygiene is always important... ;-)) .... great looking and stupid would be nice to look at from a distance but would be hard to get horny over..... so brains wins every time....
Lurker
0 likes
I just can't do stupid. The mind and personality are the true turn-ons for me. If, it happens to come in a pretty box then that is a bonus.
Lurker
0 likes
all of you are right I completely agree with you!

a dumb guy would get you as far as a fun time and that's it. usually they also tend to be very selfish! they always think about them and how 'beautiful' they look....

with an intelligent man you can have fun and a challenge, its always (at least for me) nice to have one...

I can understand wanting a 'hot' guy, like who wouldn't?
but to me there is more than that in life.
Cocolicious
0 likes
I will certainly not take an ugly smart dude. Call me superficial, but honestly I wouldn't approach an unattractive person, on the most basic level physical attraction is a necessity! However, I would take an average looking dude that is superior in intelligence.

Personally, I got lucky I got the African American version of "McSteamy!"

Uber smart and sexy to boot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I prefer the smart over the stud. But, yes there is one, I can't stand a man who has to prove he is smarter then me on a topic or talks down to me. I've dated some hot guys that were complete idiots, as well as below average guys who were mensa material. Now to find one in between.
I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want it all( hot and intelligent) and usually get it.
Lurker
0 likes
question for gals, but I wanted to tell what I think. just an advice for young girls

a smart man can burn your heart, soul, body, your everything. a hot man can just burn between your legs until you understand he is an idiot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've dated all kinds of stupid and all kinds of smart...
The smart ones can be mean, dumb and tactless and the stupid ones can have flashes of brilliance and treat you like a princess
There has to be something more to make me want to connect with them than a hot body or a brilliant mind
I find confidence and trust to be the sexiest traits of all... regardless of looks or smarts

Besides... no one's ever heard an idiot say they're stupid... as far as they know they're the smartest people you'll ever meet
Lurker
0 likes
smart hands down, unless the hottie includes a roll of duct tape for his mouth (unless his mouth is otherwise occupied! )
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
"smart" is an aspect of "hot" surely?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most definitely smart over hot any day. Ignorance definitely isnt bliss for the one who has to deal with it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes brains has more attraction than thick headed pretty boys
Clever Gem
0 likes
I have met people who on sight, I thought- "HOT", then they spoke, and became ugly.
Yet, I have met people who were ok, then they spoke- and bam! they became "HOT"!
Its all in the brains folks!
In my opinion anyway.