Physical Insecurities

last reply
26 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
Hello dear ladies,

Which part of your body are you the most insecure about? If you have no insecurities, be proud and choose the last option.

I hope this question is not too intrusive, but I'm curious to know.

Feel free to share...

Lurker
OK let me see...

I have..
stretch marks
scars
cellulite
wrinkles
grey hair... which of these makes me feel insecure? Absolutely none of them.

You know what makes me feel insecure? When I loose confidence in me. I know it's not a physical thing, but far outweighs them all.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by MissLaura

I have..
stretch marks
scars
cellulite
wrinkles

Best post ever!
Lurker
What a funny question

for real, bad hair days
Cryptic Vigilante
Only 1 person answered the poll so far... was there something about this question that you found impolite or depressing?

I'm simply curious to know how women perceive their bodies in general. Some girls I have been with were self-conscious about very minor things, and it sometimes almost hindered our relationship.
Gingerbread Lover
I chose "Other". This is because all of that list (except the last) are a worry to me. The only thing I actually like about my physical self is my eye colour. I hate my eyelids, but I like the colour of my eyes, which change depending on light, make-up, my mood, or what I'm wearing.

I can see other people in a completely different way to how most of my friends do, and I find beauty in the way the light reveals certain curves or angular features. I see the dance in the eyes of somebody happy, or the way fabric flows from somebody as they wiggle. I love the way their hair grows in different, or all one, direction on a friend's arm, or a stranger with a crooked nose. I love to see fat people as they Itrudge through the sand on a hot day at the beach, such effort and strength to move their bulk. I love to watch thin and slender people move around, either gracefully or awkwardly, such an ease to move in so little a space. I look at textures and skin tone on a person and see whole worlds in one small patch of their being. I see them like I see the world through my camera. I am fascinated by their bodies, but I don't "see" them as a person. I only see a shell. And on the face of each shell, I see things that are wonderful. If I point them out, sometimes friends see it too, and sometimes they don't.

I suppose I always view the physical from an emotional point of view.

I cannot see myself how I see others. I don't know why. I absolutely hate my own physical being, the space that I take up, and its very existence. When I (very rarely) look in the mirror at myself, I abhor what I see. That is why I chose "Other". The list didn't cover my whole self.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Cryptic Vigilante
Quote by Shylass

I cannot see myself how I see others. I don't know why. I absolutely hate my own physical being, the space that I take up, and its very existence. When I (very rarely) look in the mirror at myself, I abhor what I see. That is why I chose "Other". The list didn't cover my whole self.

Hey there, don't ever be so hard on yourself. I'm sure a lot of people look at you just like you look at them, thinking how you are graceful and beautiful. Everybody is harsh on himself somehow. Fashion models most probably worry about their physical appearance just as much as you do. Exterior appearance is just a very thin part of what makes a human beautiful anyways. And you were born to live and experience just like anyone else in this world, you can take all the space you want without worry...

I'm a shy person too, and I can relate to being sometimes uncomfortable before the glance of others. But most people are kind and positive, they won't harm you just for the fun of it. Here's one of my favorite quotes :

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Anyways, be happy and don't ever feel so bad about yourself.

Many hugsand many kisses xxx.
Lurker
Hello dear ladies,

Which part of your body are you the most insecure about?

I don't have a problem with my body, it's as mother nature supplied me with, so I'll make the best use I can of what I've been given.

What part are you insecure about?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
As has been said before me, are you asking about flaws or insecurities? Some of us may have flaws but they may not necessarily make us insecure. I have plenty of flaws, but they may not make me necessarily insecure. Some of my 'flaws' are just physical traits. When I was younger, I was extremely insecure. A big thick mop of curly hair, taller than all the girls and most of the boys. I developed pretty quickly, and that made me extremely insecure. It's hard being a teen with the body of someone older. It was confusing. I felt I had to act a certain way to match my physical appearance. That made me extremely insecure. But eventually my age caught up to the rest of me, so it's all good now.

I have my days, but overall I'm satisfied with my physical appearance.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cryptic Vigilante
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
As has been said before me, are you asking about flaws or insecurities? Some of us may have flaws but they may not necessarily make us insecure. I have plenty of flaws, but they may not make me necessarily insecure. Some of my 'flaws' are just physical traits. When I was younger, I was extremely insecure. A big thick mop of curly hair, taller than all the girls and most of the boys. I developed pretty quickly, and that made me extremely insecure. It's hard being a teen with the body of someone older. It was confusing. I felt I had to act a certain way to match my physical appearance. That made me extremely insecure. But eventually my age caught up to the rest of me, so it's all good now.

I have my days, but overall I'm satisfied with my physical appearance.

Simply insecurities, as stated. If you don't feel any, be proud about yourself and choose the Insecurities? I'm a bombshell you dumbfuck! option. =d>

I'll be the first to be glad to know a lot of women can go on with their lives without feeling significant insecurities.

But many ladies I've been with made some annoyance out of this. "I'm a too much this? I'm a too little that?"
Advanced Wordsmith
I was incredibly insecure up until fairly recently, the past year or so I've gained a lot of confidence and I think being on this site has helped with that in some ways, I've become more aware of myself. Before then I was very selfconscious. It wasn't that I thought there was something wrong with my body or myself, or even that I disliked how I looked. I was indifferent in those respects but I had zero confidence and I'm not entirely sure why. But lots of confidence now in every aspect of my life, and I'm far happier!
Lurker
List just too long....
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by MissLaura
OK let me see...

I have..
stretch marks
scars
cellulite
wrinkles

You know what makes me feel insecure? When I loose confidence in me. I know it's not a physical thing, but far outweighs them all.

Very well said.

I don't like my legs but I am not insecure about them. We all have something about our bodies we aren't happy with. But if we are overall confident in ourselves, these things don't seem to matter.
Active Ink Slinger
I never thought about being insecure. Do you Guys and Gals think I should?

OK I could have a better Butt. There I said it are you now happy?
Lurker
depends on the day, the outfit, the people i'm with...mostly i'm happy with what i've got. i work hard to keep it in shape, but there are times when i feel insecure about various parts
Cryptic Vigilante
Quote by 1nympholes

Why should you? If you feel good about yourself, why put unnecessary shame on yourself?

It's not gonna change a thing about the way you look anyways, so why bother...
Active Ink Slinger
I'm pretty much confident and satisfied with what I have.
Her Royal Spriteness
i kind of like my body. yeah, we all get a little insecure from time to time, but mostly, i'm pretty happy. sometimes i think my nose is a little too big or my smile a little too wide, and sometimes my scars bother me, but for the most part, i'm pretty happy as things are. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
Probably my body in general. I've never been particularly pleased with anything about it although i do think i have nice eyes
Active Ink Slinger
definitely when talking to a woman its her body... so it my body.. getting fat...
Story Verifier
Hi,

I'm a guy but this is a very important question, I had to say something and I hope I don't offend to many.

In my experience (I'm 71 so there's been a lot) most women see themselves through distorted lenses. They see the surface and assume that's all that everyone else sees. Sometimes the surface is gorgeous, sometimes it's not. So what? I know a lot of beautiful women in their 60's to 80's because I make a very clear distinction between "Gorgeous" and "Beautiful". Gorgeous is mostly just the surface, beautiful goes to the core.

There is so much more buried beneath the surface that I'm amazed that so few others see it. To me what shines through everything else is an inner strength, a beauty, that quite a few women have, but not enough of them. It's like a star and the more I get to know them the brighter it gets. Most of my male friends think I'm a little off my rocker (mostly insane is what I hear) when I tell them that women like Ann Bancroft, Susan Sarandon and Hillary Swank are the most beautiful women in the universe. These are strong, beautiful women and I'd prefer knowing them than most centerfold types. I don't give a crap what these "Blind" people think.

See yourself as strong. Learn to stand toe to toe with God in a screaming, got to hell match and DO NOT back down. You won't give a crap what others think and you'll be a lot happier with yourself. Our world would be a lot better place to live in if all women were strong. Not dominate, strong.

Thank you for reading and 'Stay Safe"

LasarDaddy
(Paul)
I am always a gentleman.
Active Ink Slinger
The only thing I'm insecure about is my nose, it seems sort of big to me. I got picked on for it a couple times when I was in elementary school, but I've grown to not really care, I'm not going to fret about it and I think cosmetic surgery is foolish for something like that.
Active Ink Slinger
Mostly I'm okay, but I'm a bit short (heels!!) and my boobs are a bit small. But hey overall I can't complain too much. People think I look "cute" or "sweet" instead of sexy? I think I need to dress a bit differently and maybe get my hair cut short? A blunt cut or something more severe? IDK?
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by 1nympholes

i'll be happy when you start using your own pics.
Active Ink Slinger
my scars bother me from time to time....but that is about all. i look extremely young (like teen) for my real age (almost 21) and im a little on the short side but...im pretty happy overall
my newest :)
Lurker
I try not to allow myself to feel insecure.
I've got what I've got and it's probably as good as it's ever going to look right now, so mostly I just try to take a "fuck it" attitude and get on with more important things.

On those odd days though, it's usually my boobs/general figure I get most hung up about. There's nothing womanly or feminine about my body.