Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

October~Breast Cancer Awareness Month~SAVE & SHOW THE TATAS!!

last reply
23 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes

Well that's all I can get away with, without getting into trouble .... even for raising awareness for life change cause. Lots of love to you, HeraTeleia ... also, I don't see the scars
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you, HT, for this thread. I can't say that I found any scars, but it wasn't for any want of careful examination.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner
Thank you, HT, for this thread. I can't say that I found any scars, but it wasn't for any want of careful examination.

i find it helps if you lick the screen...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They are absolutely beautiful Hera!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

You know that time you flashed yours on here ... well ... I ruined my iPhone licking the screen. You OWE me a new phone

and the new one is supposed to be water proof, or at least resistant.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
You probably can't see my scar because I had a cosmetic surgeon do my lumpectomy when I was 29.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
You probably can't see my scar because I had a cosmetic surgeon do my lumpectomy when I was 29.

Apparently all was OK. That's gotta be especially scary for a young woman such as yourself.

And they are beautiful in that pic

Also, men can get breast cancer too ...
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

Apparently all was OK. That's gotta be especially scary for a young woman such as yourself.

I was scared shitless till the tests came back! It turned out to be a benign fibroadenoma, about the size of a pea. I had it removed before it got any bigger.
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

I was scared shitless till the tests came back! It turned out to be a benign fibroadenoma, about the size of a pea. I had it removed before it got any bigger.

Bethany, your surgeon did an awesome job.

Most of my scars are hidden by the (sort of) bra. I'm past scared...now it's a tshirt that says "Fuck Cancer" written on a pink awareness ribbon. Wear it to my zillions o' mammogram/ultrasound/MR exams, because, well, fuck cancer.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Madam Carol
0 likes
I'm a breast cancer survivor of six years. Lumpectomy caught it early stage one.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm considering doing like someone did last year, and donating $1 for every Lush lady that shows her tatas. Would that be agreeable to you Hera, since this is your thread? Also, if Sprite and Dancing Doll show their's, I'll put up an extra 5% each of the end-of-month total.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
I'm considering doing like someone did last year, and donating $1 for every Lush lady that shows her tatas. Would that be agreeable to you Hera, since this is your thread? Also, if Sprite and Dancing Doll show their's, I'll put up an extra 5% each of the end-of-month total.

I fail to see how showing your tits on a confined internet forum will help raise awareness to a cause that's already highly widespread: you can spot announcements everywhere, news presenters wear ribbons, plenty of shops have donation boxes. I can't help but think that one must be living an extremely sheltered life if bumping into a few pairs of cyber-tits will suddenly make him/her realize that October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Not to mention that prompting women to show their breasts for the cause is a sheer arbitrary concept; it's like me telling strangers on the street that I'll give $1 to the Colorectal Cancer Association if they can manage to produce an audible fart. Anyone can discreetly donate a fixed amount of their choosing without it being a 'conditional' deed of any sort.

I'm sure it wasn't wrongly intended, but measuring women's investment into the cause by whether or not they're willing to show their boobies to a bunch of unknown creepers is also a pretty low thing to do. Pressuring specific members is even worse: I'm sure both Sprite and Dancing_Doll are already plenty involved into the matter in their own private and personal ways.

If you truly want to support the cause, you can simply donate and move along. There's really no need to turn this into a silly popularity contest.

http://www.abcf.org/
http://www.cancer.org/
http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I fail to see how showing your tits on a confined internet forum will help raise awareness to a cause that's already highly widespread: you can spot announcements everywhere, news presenters wear ribbons, plenty of shops have donation boxes. I can't help but think that one must be living an extremely sheltered life if bumping into a few pairs of cyber-tits will suddenly make him/her realize that October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Not to mention that prompting women to show their breasts for the cause is a sheer arbitrary concept; it's like me telling strangers on the street that I'll give $1 to the Colorectal Cancer Association if they can manage to produce an audible fart. Anyone can discreetly donate a fixed amount of their choosing without it being a 'conditional' deed of any sort.

I'm sure it wasn't wrongly intended, but measuring women's investment into the cause by whether or not they're willing to show their boobies to a bunch of unknown creepers is also a pretty low thing to do. Pressuring specific members is even worse: I'm sure both Sprite and Dancing_Doll are already plenty involved into the matter in their own private and personal ways.

If you truly want to support the cause, you can simply donate and move along. There's really no need to turn this into a silly popularity contest.

http://www.abcf.org/
http://www.cancer.org/
http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Good grief. If you do not wish to participate, just like anyone else, you do not have to. Different communties all over the world have their own fundraisers for charity, doing all sorts of things. On Lush, it seemed like a decent plan. So good a plan, in fact, that last year when it was done ON Lush, the members of Lush raised over $6k for breast cancer research. Could all that money have been raised otherwise? Yes. Would it have been raised? No way to know.

Here's link to the 20 thread pages that happened last year...

Lush... Show Dem Tiddies...

My offer hasn't caught on, and that's fine. But don't call me out for suggesting it. Just move along and find something else to read.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Agree with mister. It was the ladies that started it in the first place. and I for one enjoyed it as well as last years pics. all of them. nuff said. thank you ladies
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

Who pissed in your Wheaties? Good grief. If you do not wish to participate, just like anyone else, you do not have to. Different communties all over the world have their own fundraisers for charity, doing all sorts of things. On Lush, it seemed like a decent plan. So good a plan, in fact, that last year when it was done ON Lush, the members of Lush raised over $6k for breast cancer research. Could all that money have been raised otherwise? Yes. Would it have been raised? No way to know.

Here's link to the 20 thread pages that happened last year...

Lush... Show Dem Tiddies...

My offer hasn't caught on, and that's fine. But don't call me out for suggesting it. Just move along and find something else to read.

I just had a quick look at that thread: the amount of donations made by legitimate members was actually just a little over $1,000. All of the rest were unaccountable donations claimed by the instigator herself, including a mysterious fundraising which conveniently ended at a perfectly round amount of $2,500. Even if legit, how she came to incorporate a remote fundraising into her own is way beyond me. And mind you, to assert that the other donations were solely attributable to her own cyber-endeavor is questionable at best; in fact, she didn't bother posting a single external link to any charitable organization. If that isn't turning a worthy cause into a silly popularity contest, I seriously wonder what the hell is.

Regarding the whole $1-per-flash idea, a mere 64 people participated in that, many of which being fake personas only interested in participating into a mushy hugfest. I've already donated more than that myself, without pressuring anybody or making any sort of glittering fanfare about it.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by reggie123
Agree with mister. It was the ladies that started it in the first plase. and I for one enjoyed it as well as last years pics. all of them. nuff said. thank you ladies

So, have you made a donation yet?
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

I don't have an opinion either way. Leaning towards preferring that you make a donation outright to either a hospital-based BRCA specialty clinic or to the BRCA foundation of your choosing. I started this thread mostly to show that BRCA survivors can and do have beautiful breasts.

Thank you Liz and Serene for your donations to the fight.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

I don't have an opinion either way. Leaning towards preferring that you make a donation outright to either a hospital-based BRCA specialty clinic or to the BRCA foundation of your choosing. I started this thread mostly to show that BRCA survivors can and do have beautiful breasts.

Thank you Liz and Serene for your donations to the fight.

I apologize for disrupting your thread, I meant no harm. My intent was to do something fun for everyone on Lush, while at the same time raising a little money for the cause.

I lost my grandmother to breast cancer and have lots other members of our extended family as well. Every year, many of us still participate in Relay For Life, even though last year we didn't and it seems like that particular charity is dwindling. But, I have paid to play in a local golf tournament for breast cancer. So, I do give on my own.