Mum and you.

last reply
14 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Did your mother ever have discussions with you about your sexual pleasures, as a girl or even after marriage freely and without embarrassment?
I have recently become aware of a mum helping and giving advice to a late teen who had become 'active' and they are extremely open in their discussions.
The girl and her boyfriend are completely open in their discussions regarding their intimacies.

In my case, my mother became aware of my intimacies and I was often reminded that I was a slut. This probably made me rebel even more.
0 likes
No, my mum never discussed anything related to sex with me beyond complaining about my taking "her" maxi pads when I was on my period.

That said, it's probably made me a better mum. I've had age-appropriate discussions with my sons regarding sex and puberty since they were quite young. They know that they can come to me with any question, of any sort, and I'll answer said question without judgment or comment.

I've not addressed "pleasure" directly, other than to make it clear all their lives that women are powerful and deserving of a man's every attention.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My mum never spoke about sex or anything related to women's problems. When i had my first period I went to my dad and said I had cut myself. All he said was go and tell your mother. She didn't even give me a sanitary pad. I had to learn by trial and error. I didn't know that giving blow-jobs at 13 was wrong. My daughter on the other hand is all street wise. She's 20 and when she comes home from Uni we sleep together.
We miss each other so much when she is away.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I had a cursory discussion about sex with my mom, mostly after I saw our horses mating, and me asking her if people did it the same way. I didn't start getting intensive lectures about it until after it was too late, and by then, I had learned by doing.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes of course we've talked many times since I was about 12 I think.
I was an early bloomer especially up top, and we always had older guys working on our farm,
so I guess she felt the need to talk with me, though that first talk was kinda weird for me.
I wasn't really even thinking about sex then, except being curious sometimes.

When I was a teen, mum knew I was already sucking off a few farm boys,
and she once told me that she did too.
We laughed, she told me about some things she had done, I told her I didn't want to let anyone fuck me yet,
and I promised to talk with her when I did wanted it.

Now I tell her everything about my dates, or when I want to sneak someone past the main house,
down to my cottage on our lake. I think she likes to hear about my dates sometime,...smile
I'm 26, but I not want to hurt daddy, and have him know how many guys are fucking his little girl.

We decided that daddy didn't need to know about either of us...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oddly enough when I was young. My mom decided to have the talk when she caught me playing with myself. I was mortified but she made me feel at ease and then a year later she took me to get implant birth control.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Sadly no. I made sure I didn't repeat that mistake when I became a mother myself.
Lurker
0 likes
I grew up in a pretty conservative, Catholic household in the Republic of Ireland. We just didn't talk about that sort of thing. Still couldn't when I was married and in my twenties!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Not mum, but aunty yes.. she even stroked me a few times, pretended to 'educate' me.. I loved every moment.. gutted it didn't go further
Lurker
0 likes
My mum gave me advice about sex and how to spot a cheat. Make them wait for sex was the best advice she gave me.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
No, I have never had such a discussion with my mum.

I think she gave me a book on reproductive biology when I was 12/13 but we never talk about sex.

If I ever have children, I’ll do things very differently.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My mother was very Victorian in her attitudes, didn't even like any public displays of intimacy, not even kissing and not even after I was married. Her only advice to me about sex was, "Nice girls don't."
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
No..because i was not arond my mother when i was developing sexually. I was raised in a childrens home, so yes...the woman there that was considered our house mother...she talked to us in groups of girls about sex...and as individuals about our sexuality....not sure if it was easier for her, us not being her real children, even thouhg she tried to care for us as if we were
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My mother is a prude and openly has stated she does not like talking about sex.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Definitely NO! The closest discussion my mom and I had regarding sex was during my first visit to an OB/GYN where she discovered that I had an abnormally thick hymen (I mean really thick). Her comment to my mother (which I remember vividly because of my mother's reaction) was that it wasn't a problem now but my first intercourse might be somewhat painful because of the thickness. She opined that it could be surgically cut. My mother's response was that of being aghast and told the doctor that talking about sex in front of me was inappropriate because of my age.

My mother's idea of sex (and my father's as well) was that it was reserved for marriage only and that its primary purpose was for having children, not enjoyment.

My mother and father didn't like me hanging with the boys and were critical of many of the girls too who they though were too influential and too promiscuous on other girls and boys.

The result was they never knew that I lost my vaginal virginity at age 17, in the summer between my junior and senior years in high school to my "boyfriend" (I could never call him that, of course - my parents hated him being around me and scolded me many, many times for getting "too close" (as in emotional) to him and had discussions with his parents about what they considered in his undesirable influence on me and how they wished they would talk to Ryan about not pursuing their daughter.

Another result is that even now, at age 32, there are several things that are sure to bring a heated discussion with my parents. I've lived with of my boyfriends including my recent fiancee for the last four years. They never wanted him with me with I visited and was directly excluded from attending say Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner, etc. They're glad (sort of) that I'm finally getting married but kind of upset that I didn't delay any sexual experiences until I had gotten married which I had hoped would of happened in my early 20's (like them). They've already been hinting at when are you getting pregnant.

Egad... will it ever end!

Meg
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My mom was pretty open with me. As in, when I asked a question, I got an answer. I did some reading myself, but I often had discussions with my mom. Her mother had left her in the dark because she was ashamed of talking about it, and my mom didn't want me to grow up the same way.