Lush etiquette

last reply
14 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I am on here to read and chat to new people. But I get the feeling I am being put into dodgy weirdo bloke category. What is the best way to chat without coming across like a psycho that gets blocked. I've been on here before and enjoy chatting to new people. Not here to cyber or cam or hook up but do enjoy conversation with genuine like minded people. Tips please?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
How about... don't act like a dodgy weird psycho when you chat?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

lol. have to agree.

Lesgettwisted i would suggest you just chat first to your fav authors or your fav formun buddies and grow from there. enjoy and be merry. No sense in not being yourself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

But you told me that's what you liked about Dudealicious...
Site administrator
0 likes
Do you have that issue in real life? If not then you must be doing something differently here. Interact with people here as you would in a real life situation. Just because its all virtual doesnt mean the same etiquette, respect and basic rules of engagement dont apply.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't usually have this issue. Those who reply to my messages are respected and generally happy with my personality. My issue is getting s reply. Not sure if they are read? I will just keep ticking away. Thanks for your help.
Lurker
0 likes
Just be you, if someone isn't interested in getting to know you, it's their loss. There are plenty of people here and someone for everyone. Taste and interests vary from person to person, no one person's preferences are right or wrong and anyone who judges another on a site like this, is in the wrong place to begin with. Be honest, be you and enjoy...don't take it so serious, just have fun.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by letsgettwisted
I don't usually have this issue. Those who reply to my messages are respected and generally happy with my personality. My issue is getting s reply. Not sure if they are read? I will just keep ticking away. Thanks for your help.

Ok .. I think you may be suffering with what I sometimes call the Newbie Syndrome. I see you joined just a few days ago and notice that other than this thread you have only posted in one other. Furthermore I havent seen you in the chat rooms.

It does take a while to get to know people, again as in real life, and if you like become accepted and make friends. Put yourself about and engage with others and you will find soon that your concerns will become history. I see people come into the chat rooms having just joined and they say hello and nobody responds .. its just the way it is in the beginning.

I have sent you a friend request. May be I will see you in the chat rooms .. I am sometimes in those myself!
Lurker
0 likes
I think Simply John is right, it does just take a bit of time. I have been a member for almost a year and to be fair, I have dipped in and out, mainly around when I have submitted stories, but only now am I really starting to interact with people. Just stick with it, build your presence and it'll happen.
Story Verifier
0 likes
What the others said. Be patient, be active around the forums. Something that also helps is a detailed profile. It's got lots of fields where you can fill in small things about you, things you like, dislike, things you find finny and probably even some minor personal hangups to keep from appearing as a poser. A lot of people here tend to look at profiles before answering, to see how dedicated someone appears to stay around. Small tidbits strewn in there also help to make people curious and strike up conversation.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by ChrissieLecker
What the others said. Be patient, be active around the forums. Something that also helps is a detailed profile. It's got lots of fields where you can fill in small things about you, things you like, dislike, things you find finny and probably even some minor personal hangups to keep from appearing as a poser. A lot of people here tend to look at profiles before answering, to see how dedicated someone appears to stay around. Small tidbits strewn in there also help to make people curious and strike up conversation.

Damn .. I was going to say that!!

Really .. a super point. I feel like a newbie now.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm not having a problem meeting anyone, other than being shy about chatting with people. But I do seem to have a problem with attracting people who just want to chat only to cyber. They don't want to get to know me, but immediately want to start a virtual sex session. Really? Um.. No.. I am trying to be nice about it but I guess that I'm being too nice?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The OP's gone already - maybe the advice of being patient wasn't what he wanted to hear
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
What I try to do is be myself. No, I won't please everyone, but I don't care. I try to be friendly and laid back. I am respectful to people and I expect the same of them. I don't say that they have to necessarily agree with something I say, we can debate it as long as it is respectful. I don't care if I am dealing with another Master, a Mistress, a Dom, a sub or a slave, they all get my respect. I will not tolerate disrespect. That will definitely get me fired up. So there is no real big secret here. If you are trying to learn BDSM or one of it's many attributes, be honest and say so. Don't try to come off as an expert if you have no clue, and above all else, have fun!
Master Rick