Let's Talk About Scars

last reply
37 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have a scar on my left ankle from where I had surgery to fix a broke tibia and a separation in the ankle. I have another close to my elbow from a bike wreck when I was ten. And another on my wrist from when my cousin accidentally tackled me into a glass door.

They don't bother me. They tell a story...almost like a timeline. And half the time, I don't even remember that they're there.

I don't find them hideous, nor do I think they take away from attractiveness. Like I said, they tell a story.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I only have one that's readily visible if I don't cover it up. When we were teenagers, my twin swung a poster tube with a ragged metal end that caught me right above my left eye. Bled like crazy and scared the shit out of both of us. I cover the scar with make-up. Sometimes it shows. Sometimes it doesn't, depending on the lighting and how heavy I apply the eye-shadow. I have a big scar under my hair from a horse-riding accident where I banged my head into a low-hanging tree limb while turning around in the saddle to make sure my friend who was new to riding was alright. Another small scar on the bottom of my foot from running around the farm barefoot all the time when I was a kid. There's an invisible scar around the bottom of my right nipple from a lumpectomy when I was 28, but I had a plastic surgeon do it since I was still modeling at the time and needed perfect breasts. Scars on guys are OK up to a point. A big scar on his face would def be a turn-off though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My scars are not visible. They are in my mind. I have a past I am not proud of but I won't hide them. I can live with them but wished they hadn't happened. Nothing illegal.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't have an issue with scars, on myself or on others, it's just another part of you. They're kinda interesting, though all of mine are just from stupidity, jewelry box falling on my head, burning myself on an iron, falling out of bed... I only have one long fairly obvious scar though, the rest aren't that visible so perhaps that's why I'm not so fussed.
I don't understand why some people hate stretch marks so much, especially from pregnancy. They're kinda inevitable, and they just make you look more like tiger. Awesome. :P
I wouldn't say if I find them attractive or not, they're just there. Make people look more lived in. I have a problem with eyes and throats though, scars in those areas I can't really look at without feeling sick, but generally speaking I don't have an issue, it's just skin.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have scars all over my body from an almost deadly car crash. Not embarrassed by them, more proud and view them as battle scars.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have a few scars that I don't mind. A small scar on my bottom lip adds character, especially with lipstick on. A few stretch marks cropped up on my back after a mega-growth-spurt I had. They feel so sexy when my girlfriend runs her fingers across them idly. And I have a scar running from the inside of my knee to my ankle, but its small and hard to see. They are all parts of me that I refuse to hide. Scars can be sexy. They add interest and start conversation. But only if you accept them.
Don't let them haters get you down. You are you. And YOU are beautiful!

Latest: My Oddesy 2 - Liam
0 likes
My body is rife with scars, surgical and otherwise. The most obvious is on my right wrist, from a surgery to replace a damaged tendon in 2009. Surgeon assured me that there would be a "hairline" scar; ended up with a >3 inch by >1/2 inch V-shaped scar that most people, including my own doctor, mistake for a burn. By contrast, I had major reconstructive surgery on my right ankle this summer, and that surgeon, despite putting in two cadaver allografts, two bone plates, and eight screws, managed to leave an almost invisible scar line.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I grew up as an active, sports playing kid in a small town. The net result is plenty of knee, scalp, hand scars. I have also had disagreements with a door and a table saw that resulted in scars.

Then two years ago, I had a "medical" incident that resulted in something like 10 scars, with one being about 12" long down the center of my stomach starting just below my sternum and ending just below my beltline. It goes right through my belly button. Of course, my belly button is deformed now. My girlfriend calls it Ziggy. So I call that scar Ziggy and the Centipede. Its a pretty ugly scar, about 1/2 " wide and was closed by staples, and it's obvious where the staples were.

Other than that, trachea tube, feed tube, central line, and something like 6 or 8 holes for drain tubes.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me