Jealousy Index

last reply
21 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
On a scale of 1-10, how jealous a lover/person do you think you are?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
umm... seriously? 1, maybe 2. i just don't do jealous. i know, i am weird.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends... if I trust my lover a 1, if I don't maybe a 5 or 6.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Probably about an 8 but it depends on what I'm being jealous of...
Lurker
0 likes
like 20! lol
Lurker
0 likes
Hmmm, maybe a 4
Lurker
0 likes
I would say a 4. I do get jealous but it's never for very long and I'm good at hiding it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
About a 2. I'm too trusting. I take whatever they say at face value and it comes back and bites me in the ass later.
Like my fiance's girlfriend calling his phone and I answered it. Poker nights with the boys wasn't WITH the boys, if ya know what I mean...
Lurker
0 likes
It really would depend on the guy i was dating. If he has a bit of a 'reputation', maybe slightly higher than a good guy. But usually, around two, three.
Lurker
0 likes
Totally depends on the guy. With one guy it was about an 8, because he had a reputation but with another it was down to about 2 cos i trusted him.

On average, about 5 or 6
Lurker
0 likes
Depends on the person you are involved with and whether they have given you a reason not to trust them.
Lurker
0 likes
To me being jealous is not related to trustworthy. I would say I'm a 2 on the jealousy scale. Jealous of what? I am who I am, I look the way I look, I tend to have a "take it or leave it" attitude. If I see something that makes me jealous, I figure out why. Is it because a guy I'm with is looking at other women? So be it. I move on. Is it because someone has something I don't have? If I want it, I will go buy it. Jealousy can be a good thing if it motivates someone to do better. But let's not confuse jealousy with envy. ;)
If I don't trust someone, it has nothing to do with jealousy...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On a good day, maybe a 6 or a 7. Some days, it's higher. I'll get angry if I went into details.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
I think I'm normally at about a 2. Don't get me wrong, I will occasionally feel a twinge of jealousy and vent a bit. However, I normally have relationships with men I trust. If I keep feeling jealousy it's usually for a very valid reason, and I quickly disengage and move on.
Lurker
0 likes
7-8.... Dont Judge me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a 1 and at very worst a 2. I have never been one to get jealous, maybe I am too trusting. But being that I am a big flirt, I do not expect someone to be jealous when I flirt so I am the same way with my relationships.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
For me there's always been a huge difference in "being jealous" versus "acting jealous".

I've had a few relationships with narcissistic bad boys that enjoyed pushing my buttons and playing into my competitive side. Some men (and women) love the ego-stroke that comes with making a partner jealous. The fact that I would never openly display jealous feelings because I insisted on being 'the cool girlfriend' (regardless of how I felt) probably didn't help the situation either. In general I wish I had reacted more honestly about what bothered me and not let things slide because I ended up getting screwed over a few times because I insisted on being dismissive about red-flags.

When I'm in a positive relationship and confident in our connection, then the 'jealousy index' is low but not completely absent... which is exactly as it should be. I think a healthy level of jealousy is totally normal and good for a relationship (eg. 1-5). When it's high enough to erode trust and respect, then the relationship is ultimately doomed to fail.
Lurker
0 likes
I've found that, as I've grown up a little bit (not that I'm anywhere near done with that, I just mean compared to a year or two years ago) I've gotten less and less jealous. Perhaps I'm more confident in myself, perhaps I'm more trusting or perhaps I'm just more able to read people.

I now consider myself 'jealous with a reason to be thus'. By this I mean, unless there is a reason for me to be jealous I'm generally not.

Don't get me wrong, I like to have a nose at ex girlfriends, any hot friends he may have that he mentions now and again...but

As a rating? Probably a 2 or 3
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Unfounded jealousy is a combination of greed and insecurity which can destroy a relationship at best, and worse, can lead to violence or even murder. It is a very negative emotion and serves no useful purpose. Greed makes you think of your mate as someone you own. Insecurity is the feeling that you may lose that object at any given moment. Better than jealousy is a firm set of rules in the relationship which must be adhered to religiously by all parties. Breaking the rules is like breaking any contract, it voids and ends the relationship. If you are secure in the fact that the other party/parties will be true to their word, there is no need to feel like you have ownership of another person, and that relieves you of any threat to you whatever. Sure, you might find out somewhere down the road your partner hasn't followed the rules, and it's time to end the relationship, or change the rules, but think how many stress-free years you will enjoy up until that point, if it ever happens at all.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
if I'm with someone then i trust that person totally, so there is no need to be jealous of someone else. actually that makes me feel good when another man shows interest in my lady. smile
Just let it go.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
I've found that, as I've grown up a little bit (not that I'm anywhere near done with that, I just mean compared to a year or two years ago) I've gotten less and less jealous. Perhaps I'm more confident in myself, perhaps I'm more trusting or perhaps I'm just more able to read people.

I now consider myself 'jealous with a reason to be thus'. By this I mean, unless there is a reason for me to be jealous I'm generally not.

Don't get me wrong, I like to have a nose at ex girlfriends, any hot friends he may have that he mentions now and again...but

As a rating? Probably a 2 or 3

I have also found that as I get older and more confident in myself, things like that bother me less and less. Think the key word here is CONFIDENCE!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well considering i posed a topic about a girl I liked, even though i only met her once, because we agreed to go out, I couldnt get her out of my head for several weeks, and even now i still think about her, and shes seeing somebody else now, I didnt even get to see her again, i guess you could say im definatley a jealous person.

I fucking hate being jealous, its such a pointless and destructive emotion, but i just cant help it, it wears away at you and makes you do/think things which are totally irrational (eg checking her fb every 10 minutes hoping shes come online, or to see whos shes been talking to). I even get jealous if i see one of my mates getting with a stunning girl, but when I pull, im not bothered about anything else, i just wish i could chill the fuck out, relax and be laid back, because i usually am cool and laid back when im not thinking about stuff like that. Being jealous is not cool, so its something i really need to work on.

Grrr hate it...

9 sad