Ever been molested in a public area?

last reply
19 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Like on the crowded metro, bus or even in the office. Were you feeling annoyed or pleased?

Tell us about your experience.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I hope all you guys realize that this isn't something the majority of women enjoy or even tolerate. I live in a small college town, so it doesn't happen here, but I've had my ass groped in NYC on the subway. Luckily my sister was with me and saw him do it, so she slapped him and pushed him away from me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even been sure who did it. And yes, I was annoyed.

When I was a teen, a boy at a public swimming pool pulled my bikini top down cuz his friends dared him to, and I slapped the shit out of him. Those are the only two instances when I was 'molested' in public involuntarily. I was pissed both times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you’re dancing in a club and a little drunk, you don’t mind as much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lindseyaggie
If you’re dancing in a club and a little drunk, you don’t mind as much.

I don’t even mind being groped in subway train
Lurker
0 likes
When I was younger a boy grabbed my boob ,I kicked him in his groin
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by lonely_weekend
Like on the crowded metro, bus or even in the office. Were you feeling annoyed or pleased?

I know there is technically a definition of molest which means 'to annoy, pester etc' but c'mon dude, would you like it if someone just grabbed you in a public place? It's not something I particularly enjoy the times it has happened to me.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
As the above have noted, I’m not sure ‘molested’ was the best choice of words.

Could you perhaps refine the question?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by lonely_weekend

happened in a bar. he'd been hitting on my wife and i, obviously drunk, and seriously? she told him to get lost. he called us 'fucking carpet munchers' but left. he was at the bar with some friends when i went to get another beer and he 'pulled a Trump' accompanied by the comment "you're pretty enough to ". took two bouncers to pull me off of him.

so yeah, annoyed. for the record, reality check. you molest women like that, you're a douchebag and you deserve everything that happens to you from that moment on.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by janetloves
When I was younger a boy grabbed my boob ,I kicked him in his groin

you're my new favorite person. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

living dead girl
0 likes
Seriously fucked up question dude...

But I'll answer..
The people who have touched me without my permission
Regretted it..lol

I don't really find the idea of being sexually harassed by a stranger appealing.
One time...
A long long time ago when I still went to church this boy who everyone thought was
an angel grabbed my tits and squeezed
I ended up giving him a bloody nose and he cried to his mom
and I was pretty much from then on out treated like a a piece of shit by everyone at church
but it was worth it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
I hope all you guys realize that this isn't something the majority of women enjoy or even tolerate. I live in a small college town, so it doesn't happen here, but I've had my ass groped in NYC on the subway. Luckily my sister was with me and saw him do it, so she slapped him and pushed him away from me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even been sure who did it. And yes, I was annoyed.

When I was a teen, a boy at a public swimming pool pulled my bikini top down cuz his friends dared him to, and I slapped the shit out of him. Those are the only two instances when I was 'molested' in public involuntarily. I was pissed both times.

In my country the women face similar situations everyday while travelling in metro or bus
We have to deal with touching and groping by guys
It happens a lot and most of us don’t have enough courage to protest
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Its not just women on the receiving end either. I have had my bum pinched a couple of times at a busy local bar.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I have been touched up in public a few times, I definitely wasn't pleased by it.

One definition of molesting is sexual assault.

Who could possibly be pleased with being sexually assaulted?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is a ridiculous question. I apologise to women for answering for you, but public unrequested molestation is sexual assault. Women are human beings, not toys for a man's pleasure.

If you decide to "molest" (read: sexually assault) a woman, you have no idea if she is a lesbian and so will have no interest, she may be a survivor of previous sexual abuse and it could cause massive emotional damage.

In short, it is a horrific, selfish act carried out by men (and women) who are needy, desperate and cowardly.
Quote by Freddie Mercury
My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
Fairy tales of yesterday grow and never die
I can fly
The show must go on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by St_Crispins_Day

In short, it is a horrific, selfish act carried out by men (and women) who are needy, desperate and cowardly.

I couldn't agree more
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by St_Crispins_Day
This is a ridiculous question. I apologise to women for answering for you, but public unrequested molestation is sexual assault. Women are human beings, not toys for a man's pleasure.

If you decide to "molest" (read: sexually assault) a woman, you have no idea if she is a lesbian and so will have no interest, she may be a survivor of previous sexual abuse and it could cause massive emotional damage.

Thank you for describing sexual molestation so clearly.
"Don't Believe Everything You Think"
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Verena
Who could possibly be pleased with being sexually assaulted?

I was in Bangkok two years ago and next to our hotel there was a massage parlor that had listed the services on offer on the façade, one of which was "sexual harassment". We thought it was quite funny.

But anyway, the question here is somewhat disconcerting IMO.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SylviaK

Thank you for describing sexual molestation so clearly.

You're welcome, it's just really sad in this day and age that this needs clarified.
Quote by Freddie Mercury
My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
Fairy tales of yesterday grow and never die
I can fly
The show must go on.