Drunken Mistake?

last reply
12 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Just a question. If your guy cheats on you, nothing major, just a one night stand, and he says he was drunk and he didn't know what he was doing, do you forgive him? Or is sleeping with someone else 100% wrong, no matter what the circumstances?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Forgiving or not forgiving should have nothing to do with him being drunk. But being drunk doesn't excuse the behavior. Would you forgive someone who was drunk and ran over and killed the family dog? Killed or injured an innocent person because he drove? Oh, no problem. You were drunk, you're forgiven go on about your life. Of course those are extremes. If a person wants to forgive you, then he/she will.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
as long as he doesn't mind me going out and fucking his friends while i'm drunk, yeah, i think i could find it in my heart to forgive him. might even let him watch. probably tie him to a chair first, though, just in case he got any funny ideas.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nothing major? I don't know, but I would call that kinda major if he cheats. Drunk or not.
Getting drunk takes effect gradually, unless you're trying to drown in a barrel of beer and a bucket of tequila.
You know damn well whats going on around you as the evening progresses.
So unless he or she walks up and says "Hey baby... Wanna fuck?" at the end of the evening when he's hammered, then no... He's cheating.
I expect a bit of begging and grovelling and jewelry couldn't hurt either...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the type of relationship that you have open...or closed? lol
For me, it would certainly be forgivable, because we are all human, drunk or not...cheating is bound in happen in most relationships over time.
Just remember, if your girlfriend cheats on you...you can't be mad at her.
Forgive and forget I say...or invite the mistress over and have a threesome!
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I sure hope I would be able to forgive him, since I'm a person who always want to pass as one who doesn't believe in monogamy.
Him being drunk or not has nothing to do with it and him trying to use that as an excuse would be really annoying.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
, nothing major, just a one night stand

Wow that's not major?

I hate the drunk excuse for anything. Drunks still know what they're doing it's no excuse.

I love my man with all my heart but if he cheats on me even once I hope I have the courage to walk away.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Getting drunk can cause you to do some of the craziest things you have ever done. Believe me I have has sex with someone I really shouldn't have while drunk and I have gotten pregnant while drunk. Not an excuse just a fact.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Be drunk it's not an excuse...you did it in purpose without any control. Hope my wife will forgive me if I do that and she discover it. else I will perfectly understand if she can't.
My reaction would something like that. "Do you See the door, yes the one just behind you....please take it...oh by the way don't come back. Let me think for forgiveness"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes i can forgive it because i can seperate emotions from sex....but point of fact: "nothing major" is in the eye of the betrayed isn't it?
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Lurker
0 likes
since when is a one night stand nothing major?? cheating is cheating in my book and being drunk is a bullshit excuse.
being intoxicated doesn't suddenly make you forget who you're in a relationship with. it would be a done deal for me, if it only took a few drinks for you to cheat on me i'd hate to see what you would do sober. and honestly, a lame excuse like "i was drunk" would be more reason for me to end it than anything else
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anyone can make a mistake - especially when alcohol is involved. I won't tolerate a string of mistakes, though - that indicates another problem. But we've all (most of us) have done something after drinking that we regret ... sometimes it is just something we said, sometimes its someone we've fucked or blown .... As long as it really was a mistake, I forgive .... but there will be penance involved!
0 likes
Sleeping w/ anyone else when you are fully committed to them is wrong.

Unless it's an open relationship and your other sexual partners have shown clean bill then go ham on each other.

Being intoxicated or upset is never an excuse to cheat.

Breakup then do whatever you want.