Does it affect your relationships?

last reply
13 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Have you ever found that your high sex drive, love for sex and general horniness has attracted the wrong kind of guys? Once that are only interested in using you and for nothing else?

If so what did you do about it, and how do you maintain the balance between serious relationship but with the strong sexual side included
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I think I know what you mean. If you're really into a guy, and he's got all your desire worked up, then I'm guessing that not much time has to pass between first spending time with him and having sex. Maybe I read you wrong, but for now, let's assume I didn't. If sex happens quickly, then he might take for granted that you two have good sexual chemistry, or at least that you're willing to 'give it up', and not really concentrate much on finding some deeper bond. Is that the wrong type of guy? If you're looking for something serious or nothing at all, then maybe so. Or maybe this guy doesn't take hints very well and so things have to be spelled out for him. Let him know you're after something more than just a hot fuck in the afternoon, or late at night after clubbing. It could be that he would respond well to that. If it's clear to you that you're being used, then yes, that's the wrong dude to lean on for a more serious connection.

I find myself with guys that want to keep it casual a lot, but that works out pretty well because most of the time I want to keep it just as casual as they do, if not more. I can think of a couple of times where I wanted something deeper and it hasn't worked out, but generally, I think you'll find just as many good guys following your sexual instincts as you would if you "held back." Some disagree on that I'm sure, but I just don't buy into the whole "make them wait, develop other connections first" argument. I'm sure that's better for lots of people, but not for me. I will be me, including a fair amount of sexual aggression ;). If they can't handle it like a man, and use their brain, that's on them, not me.

Good luck, sister.
Lurker
0 likes
Ugh, yes. It really sucks :/

It doesn't affect the longer relationships I'm in, but the ones that end up being short term... yeah.
Lurker
0 likes
With the last couple of guys ive been with, its seemed that after a while they give up and are just interested in sex, sometimes i havent minded because thats all i'm after too but in the future if i meet someone i dont want the same thing to happen. That said i agree with you on the 'make them wait' scheme that never works out. Im not going to change who i am to make a guy like me more or see me as something else. Hopefully they'll be able to handle me as i am
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have found that to be a problem from time to time. When I was younger, I would usually want to wait before having sex. But as I got older my sex drive increased big time. I started to believe why wait if you raelly want to have sex. But if I want to have sex very early in a relationship, like on first date, I may come across like that is all I am and he may just take it for granted that I am just in it for sex so he doesnt have to try to learn more about me too. I am not saying all men are so shallow and only care about themselves and as long as they are getting sex, they dont care to learn more about you. But many are. But once in a while, you find one who is into really getting to know you and not just think of me as a sex object, but it is rare. Maybe there is something wrong with me, who knows.

Or maybe that is why I am more into women at this point in my life.

Did I even answer tho original question?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I have found that to be a problem from time to time. When I was younger, I would usually want to wait before having sex. But as I got older my sex drive increased big time. I started to believe why wait if you raelly want to have sex. But if I want to have sex very early in a relationship, like on first date, I may come across like that is all I am and he may just take it for granted that I am just in it for sex so he doesnt have to try to learn more about me too. I am not saying all men are so shallow and only care about themselves and as long as they are getting sex, they dont care to learn more about you. But many are. But once in a while, you find one who is into really getting to know you and not just think of me as a sex object, but it is rare. Maybe there is something wrong with me, who knows.

Or maybe that is why I am more into women at this point in my life.

Did I even answer tho original question?

Haha all that is exactly how i feel about my life! its been a while since ive met someone who is interested in me for me and not just for sex. I've slept with a guy on the first date and its turned into a relationship afterwards. Sometimes i wonder if that will ever happen again or am i just gonna be ised as a sex toy for the rest of my life
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe

If so what did you do about it, and how do you maintain the balance between serious relationship but with the strong sexual side included

All I can say is good luck!!!! And when you figure it out... let me know!!!
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
Have you ever found that your high sex drive, love for sex and general horniness has attracted the wrong kind of guys? Once that are only interested in using you and for nothing else?

When you find both (the connection and the sex), then it will make you both want to pursue things. It's rare to find both sides of that coin, but it does happen. If a guy loves having sex with you, but then drops off from wanting a relationship, then he obviously feels something is lacking in the connection department. And very often, there is. Sometimes we get so blinded by being thrilled with great sex that we forget that the connection isn't there (and vice versa). Sometimes one person in the relationship doesn't care as much about not having both. Or they want to imagine what it "could" be like. And uhmm... in most cases that ends up being the female half of the relationship. Sorry, but just calling it like I see it. LOL

Girls tend to project a lot when we find a guy that we connect with sexually. We want to believe that the connection outside of sex is or has the ability to be just as strong. But often, it isn't. We blame the guy because he walks away or treats us like shit. But in the end, if the connection was so great, then why would he walk away? Sometimes we just have to call it like it is... you can have great, lustful sex, but sometimes that's all it is.

In my experience, guys prefer having serious relationships that include a strong, lustful sex life. They're just looking for both. And sometimes it just isn't there.

Sometimes it operates in reverse, where the guy wants more, and the girl isn't feeling the non-sexual connection, but it tends to work the other way more often.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Until I found the love of my life (Hide_N_Seek ) I found that my high sex drive tended to put a damper on my relationships because they couldn't keep up or were turned off by my "need".

Hell my ex husband told me I wanted sex to much! How in the world can you want it to much?!
Before marriage number one and between marriages I did notice that guys only wanted me for that and nothing more until they grew tired of me so after ex number two left I turned it around. I found myself treating guys like toys just to get my kicks instead of allowing them to treat me as such.

That all stopped when I met Hide. smile
An open mind is the greatest thing on earth, it allows creativity, acceptance, and new ideas. It can encourage those locked in their own minds to break free and experience everything life has to offer. Open your mind to anything and everything, you never know what pleasures you may be missing!
Lurker
0 likes
No I do not think my need for sex as effected my relationship with my husband, he knew what I was when we married. Does it attract sexual partners just to use my body, God I certainly hope so!

But then that goes both ways and let us hope that there is mutual benefit in the connection for both parties.

If you guys and dolls are really looking for a relationship and not just hot sex, find that certain person, male or female and build what you are looking for.

For me I have a loving husband, but I am more than willing to accept just mutual use of our bodies with that hot man or woman sitting across the bar!
Lurker
0 likes
that is why i was with my ex. That is why my Daughter was born, on a Night my sex drive was through the roof, I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I deal with the hypersexuality, sucks big time, sometimes.
Lurker
0 likes
Well to be honest I kinda separate the two of them. My boyfriend doesn't have as high a sex drive as I do but its hard for most guys to keep up with me. I haven't seen one that can just yet. But that doesn't mean that I don't love my boyfriend for all the other great things about him and lets face it ladies a good man is hard to find. So I keep my serious relationship as one that is based on our shared morality and common interests. But then since we're not married yet, yeah I can be a bit of a slut sometimes on the side. LOL But I try to resist temptation as much as I can and try to make sure that I keep it totally unemotional. What that means is that there are no repeat performers. I would never have sex with a guy more than once because that would feel like I was emotionally cheating, know what I mean? But a bunch of one time NSA fling never hurts anybody. We all know the difference between sex and love, right?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CassidyCumsFirst
Well to be honest I kinda separate the two of them. My boyfriend doesn't have as high a sex drive as I do but its hard for most guys to keep up with me. I haven't seen one that can just yet. But that doesn't mean that I don't love my boyfriend for all the other great things about him and lets face it ladies a good man is hard to find. So I keep my serious relationship as one that is based on our shared morality and common interests. But then since we're not married yet, yeah I can be a bit of a slut sometimes on the side. LOL But I try to resist temptation as much as I can and try to make sure that I keep it totally unemotional. What that means is that there are no repeat performers. I would never have sex with a guy more than once because that would feel like I was emotionally cheating, know what I mean? But a bunch of one time NSA fling never hurts anybody. We all know the difference between sex and love, right?

Hmmm i dont really agree with that but i see what you mean about holding onto the right guy. In the end, i would rather be with a guy who was my one true love but doesnt have that high a sex drive to one that showed no interest in me other than to fuck. I guess everbody wants to find that perfect person who is a perfect mix of the two, but i guess only time will tell.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Back in my dating years, I did one of 2 things:

1. If it was a guy who I just wanted to play with, but didn't want him for a long-term relationship, then I would sleep with him whenever I felt like it. I would get slutty with him, whatever.

2. If it was a guy that I really liked and respected, then I would hold out on the sex for a bit. Usually at least 3 dates. This would give him an opportunity to get to know me beyond my looks and my hungry pussy.

As much as I LOVE sex, it's also nice when a man can see you for more than that.

Oh, and I've always enjoyed a nice game of "cat and mouse," so holding off a bit can have its own rewards.
Lurker
0 likes

Do any of the "non-repeaters" ever leave you any money on the dresser for the collection plate? Just wondering.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Do any of the "non-repeaters" ever leave you any money on the dresser for the collection plate? Just wondering.

Haha no honey, they make their contributions in liquid form and I enjoy every last drop!