Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Does having a nice body make it harder to find a good guy?

last reply
11 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
There are many cases of women who are beautiful who never find a good guy? Is it harder for them to find a nice guy? Is that true/your experience? Why?
Story Verifier
0 likes
I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.. However.. I'm okay! and I have certain qualities, qualities you would imagine to be helpful in the quest for love.. but.. I dunno.. it eludes me endlessly.. Maybe I know too much!
A Professional Writer is an amateur who didn't quit"
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think the theory goes that the hotter the person, the more opportunity they have, thus it's harder to consider settling down with just one person... And when you do find that person and if they are reasonably attractive as well, you have to consider what their intentions are too.

I suspect that the whole 'grass is greener' thing combined with past experiences with social players and jerks that have caused one to be jaded about love can work synergistically to mangle up one's outlook on such things.

So I don't think it's not being able to find a nice guy, it's about having certain expectations and not wanting to settle and if you are reasonably attractive and desirable, you tend to have the ability to put off serious relationships/marriage etc for a longer period of time. And the longer you stay in the dating war zones, the more likely you are to experience some of the things I mentioned earlier.

People tend to think that women have all the power here, but it really only extends so far. A beautiful woman has a lot of opportunity as far as sex and dating goes but if you're a good looking and successful man, you have the world at your fingertips as far as choosing a long-term mate.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hard to compare either way. i've only just had the one body.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme
There are many cases of women who are beautiful who never find a good guy? Is it harder for them to find a nice guy? Is that true/your experience? Why?

It doesn't make sense when you think about it: the good guys aren't adverse to pretty women. Maybe they're more respectful and thus don't stand out.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I think the theory goes that the hotter the person, the more opportunity they have, thus it's harder to consider settling down with just one person... And when you do find that person and if they are reasonably attractive as well, you have to consider what their intentions are too.

I suspect that the whole 'grass is greener' thing combined with past experiences with social players and jerks that have caused one to be jaded about love can work synergistically to mangle up one's outlook on such things.

So I don't think it's not being able to find a nice guy, it's about having certain expectations and not wanting to settle and if you are reasonably attractive and desirable, you tend to have the ability to put off serious relationships/marriage etc for a longer period of time. And the longer you stay in the dating war zones, the more likely you are to experience some of the things I mentioned earlier.

People tend to think that women have all the power here, but it really only extends so far. A beautiful woman has a lot of opportunity as far as sex and dating goes but if you're a good looking and successful man, you have the world at your fingertips as far as choosing a long-term mate.

This was a really powerful answer! I've tried several approaches to address what you have said in a way that shows it due respect, but I now think the best way is to just let it speak for itself!

On the question of men, I can only say that my experience is that if you are somewhat attractive, have some life (in a whole range of styles/ways), and have the guts to stand by someone, then a man can find some incredible women for long term relationships.

In short, I agree wholeheartedly with what you have written. Thank you for taking the time
to post such a thorough and considered response.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't speak for other guys, but personally regardless if her body type, I'm more attracted to the girl that most guys would say "she's alright, but not the first girl I'd try to pick up in a bar". I like knowing that I'm the only one that sees her in that special way that's just for me. And she'll know that I'm with her for her, rather than just seeing her as a piece of ass
Lurker
0 likes
I know this is extremly cliche but could this be one of those things where beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, I would consider myself a good guy, I can say this because its what I am told very often. However personally my idea of a nice body may differ drastically to that of another "good guys" idea, and certainly to what women may think are nice bodies for themselves.

That being said, I have spoken to a few of my male friends and realised that they dont always go for what they think is the best looking lady, but who they feel they will have the most security with. There are some guys who have the notion that if she is too pretty and has a really nice body, whilst she may easily go for the guy, she could just as easily drop him and find someone else. I have been guilty of this myself on occassion purely because of bad past experiences, but even though I am young (and I know at 22 I am still quite young, and I will still make mistakes). I have quickly learnt that looks pretty much count for a first impression, I am much more attracted to the person for who they are than what they look like. And before someone says this, I am by no means saying beautiful men and women have crap or bad personalities, I'm just saying it is very much personal as to what type of person suits you and who you would get on with.

Sorry i realise this was an ask the gals section but i thought id chime in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by StylisX
I know this is extremly cliche but could this be one of those things where beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, I would consider myself a good guy, I can say this because its what I am told very often. However personally my idea of a nice body may differ drastically to that of another "good guys" idea, and certainly to what women may think are nice bodies for themselves.

That being said, I have spoken to a few of my male friends and realised that they dont always go for what they think is the best looking lady, but who they feel they will have the most security with. There are some guys who have the notion that if she is too pretty and has a really nice body, whilst she may easily go for the guy, she could just as easily drop him and find someone else. I have been guilty of this myself on occassion purely because of bad past experiences, but even though I am young (and I know at 22 I am still quite young, and I will still make mistakes). I have quickly learnt that looks pretty much count for a first impression, I am much more attracted to the person for who they are than what they look like. And before someone says this, I am by no means saying beautiful men and women have crap or bad personalities, I'm just saying it is very much personal as to what type of person suits you and who you would get on with.

Sorry i realise this was an ask the gals section but i thought id chime in.

I think you did a very good job of expressing yourself and will agree with you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
in one word, NO!
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the experiences of a couple of my girl friends suggests that yes it does
"Don't Believe Everything You Think"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think lot of really beautiful woman do not have as many opportunities as you would think. Seems lots of men are intimidated by a very beautiful woman. If a person has insecurities such an encounter most like will exacerbate those insecurities.

But on the other hand I bet not many beautiful woman would want to trade places with her plainer sisters.

You beautiful girls have such a problem. Yes that means you Doll!