Do you feel ..... ?

last reply
6 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi there, so I've recently noticed something odd about myself.

After having an orgasm I immediately feel disgusted, guilty and angry with myself. There was even an evening when I broke down crying as I was feeling depressed right after.

Any ideas? Would appreciate it if someone could explain why this is happening to me.

P.S. Posting this is the female section cause I'm too shy to post anywhere else but men are welcome to post (provided you have something relevant to say).
Story Verifier
0 likes
Does this happen when you have intercourse or when you masturbate (or both)? Is it the situation, the act or something inexplicable that the disgust and guilt is based upon? It's too vague to make any guesses, but a certain emotional low after a climax is something most of us encounter at times for varying reasons. Those may be the intensity of the climax, exhaustion, stress (negative or positive), hormonal imbalances, even a slight flu can cause it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ChrissieLecker
Does this happen when you have intercourse or when you masturbate (or both)? Is it the situation, the act or something inexplicable that the disgust and guilt is based upon? It's too vague to make any guesses, but a certain emotional low after a climax is something most of us encounter at times for varying reasons. Those may be the intensity of the climax, exhaustion, stress (negative or positive), hormonal imbalances, even a slight flu can cause it.

I've never had intercourse with anyone. It happens after I masturbate.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A little bit of an emotional turn down after an orgasm can be normal. However what you described sounds quite far from that. There was an article in New York Times that might be interesting to you, where a therapist describes having patients with a similar reaction. I am adding the link for you.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=0
I hope this is helpful to you in any way.

xoxo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's hard to say what's going on because nobody here can look inside your head. If you're feeling disgusted and ashamed and guilty, maybe it has something to do with the belief that sex is dirty and "improper".

I was going through a similar time when I was a few years younger than you and I started having this ENORMOUS sex drive. I had to masturbate so much, I'd be sore. (Maybe coincidentally at the time I was also pretty lonely and depressed in general.)

Anyway, after a while I became so upset at myself and felt terribly guilty, so I tried to just... stop. Which would last for about 2 weeks, and then it came back with a vengeance. It took me a long time to just accept that sex was okay, and that I had just a higher drive than many other women I knew.

Today, I just enjoy it, and try to make other women feel at ease with their sexuality. Nobody needs to ride that guilt trip.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am no therapist but have spoken with someone who had the same problem and it stemmed from them being extremely shy and parents being very closed to discussing sex and so of course when she masturbated after orgasming she would then instantly come back to real life so to speak and think about what she has done as a bad thing, as her parents were so closed about it and she was bought up with the belief masturbating and sex is some sort of bad thing as it never got spoken about. Unsure if this is your case or not. Feel free to add me as a friend and message me if you would like to discuss! Xx
Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Lurker
0 likes
I discovered masturbation and self-pleasuring when I was a girl, and by the time I was a teenager they had been dear friends. While both my mother and grandmother were sensual women, growing up I was given the impression that such a thing was wrong, but once I had begun I knew I could never stop. There have been occasions when I have allowed all this to get out of control -- which is precisely when I have had the sort of feelings Untouched describes. I am the survivor of a long marriage that was adequate enough but a sexual desert. I would probably not have behaved well if I had not had pleasuring myself as an outlet. Also, there is always that time in the month for me when masturbation is a necessary relief from arousal's demands, although Madam Menopause is only just round the corner. I suspect that I get far more satisfaction out of solo sex than many other women and therefore do it often -- for me usually once a day, sometimes twice, and occasionally not at all. I have to admit that there are occasions when the fantasies that accompany pleasuring make me feel guilty, but my usual thoughts are about delicious sex with a desirable partner.

Sweetie, Untouched, you have to do what is right for you. Your guilt feelings may be telling you something about the care with which you treat this wonderful gift that can sometimes get out of control or be misused. Please do not let other people's expectations make demands upon you that are unreasonable given your own mental, emotional, and physical makeup.