Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Daughters I need some advice

last reply
11 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
My daughter is breaking up with a long (3year she is 20) relationship. Her Mom, my Love pasted away right before she started dating this clown. I don't like this guy from the begining....I'm a dad yes, but I am a man could see he was no good. My question is I am no good at hiding my feelings, but feel so bad she is hurting.
whats the best way to console her she is my baby my only child I want to help not sure how.
Aww thats so sad! At least now she can find somebody better right? Its so sweet to see a Daddy want to make it right for his little girl. Mine always did and still does. When I am down in the dumps some of the things my Daddy likes to do is take me out on a date. No, not a sexual one haha! But he takes me to Memphis to go shopping and then we eat at a nice steakhouse and have good wine. Clothes, shoes, good real food, and a lot of wine will cheer most girls up smile Once I got put on academic probation which meant my sorority would make me move out of the house if I didn't get good standing again. I was so hurt, and my Daddy took me to New York for the weekend. 5th Avenue is the total bomb yall, but the people were so not nice. But the point is? He wanted to do what I wanted to do to make me feel better and sounds like you do too, which makes you a good Daddy in my eyes.

So whats her fave thing to do? Figure that out and take her to do it!
Both my parents always had this to say-"You deserve and will find love." It always helped : )
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
awww bless her give her lots of hugs ......................... dont tell her you didnt like him you never know they could get back together and you dont want to be the "bad guy"
she will love you for understanding x
Quote by duke61
My daughter is breaking up with a long (3year she is 20) relationship. Her Mom, my Love pasted away right before she started dating this clown. I don't like this guy from the begining....I'm a dad yes, but I am a man could see he was no good. My question is I am no good at hiding my feelings, but feel so bad she is hurting.
whats the best way to console her she is my baby my only child I want to help not sure how.

Don't try to buy her love Dad. Just let her talk her feelings out about him and say umm humm in the right places. Tell her she's a beautiful girl inside and out and if it was meant to be it would be. Encourage her to keep busy with her friends and work. Time heals all wounds and this too shall pass. (I know cliche but true) Tell her you love her often and that you're here if she wants to talk or just to use your shoulder to cry on. Basically, just be there for her and let her know that you are.
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by duke61

Don't try to buy her love Dad. Just let her talk her feelings out about him and say umm humm in the right places. Tell her she's a beautiful girl inside and out and if it was meant to be it would be. Encourage her to keep busy with her friends and work. Time heals all wounds and this too shall pass. (I know cliche but true) Tell her you love her often and that you're here if she wants to talk or just to use your shoulder to cry on. Basically, just be there for her and let her know that you are.

I second this.

Don't try to buy her love.... but some Ben and Jerry's, or some Kisses never hurt while you are talking to her.

As well, you cannot hide your emotions, and that is ok. What she will see (hopefully!!!!!!!!) is that you are there for her, and not criticising or nit picking her about her choices in life. Make her lots of tea, hot cocoa, coffee.... and let her know you are there. Watch some girlie movies together; but then again remember... sometimes, all she needs is you to be there and not say anything. Just to know you are there helps.

In my opinion, it is the little things that my parents do that I love the most about them. My mother found out through the grapevine one year that I broke up with a boyfriend of quite a while, she made my favourite dinner, told my sisters to shut it all evening, and my dad gave me the remote to pick what I wanted to watch. Sounds lame I know; but for me, it made me feel "brighter" during that time.
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
DONT EVER TRY TO BUY HER LOVE!! Just be her dad! Give her space and time, she will be fine. Just be there for her. Telling her she is better off wont help because she wont believe you until she is ready to. I have 3 daughters in the same age group and I do all the things a good mom should do, but in the end, they usually solve their own prpblems in time.

Just be there for her, support her, let her know how wonderful of a daughter she is, how proud you are of her, listen to her when and if she wants to talk and above all else, LOVE HER!! You both will be fine!!
Just be there for her.
The best advice I can give is to listen when she's ready to talk about it.
Quote by TearsOfAnAngel
Just be there for her.

sometimes daughters (and sons) don't share .... but if she knows and feels your unconditional love ... that can make all the crappy parts of life easier to navigate.

Van
You can't help. She just needs time. This won't likely be the first time she gets hurt either. It's just part of growing up, maturing, and emotional attachments and detachments.

She probably has her girlfriends to do the long post-break-up conversations. I think the best thing is to not dwell on it and contribute to a morose mood around the house. Try to make her laugh. Stay positive.

I'm not sure how old she is, but if she's college-aged, maybe give her some money to get away with friends somewhere cheap and fun, like Cancun. I've always found that getting away from everyday life, and indulging in some fun that makes you appreciate the joys of being single have always worked well for me in the past. Distractions can be a wonderful thing.

Oh, and try to avoid the "I told you so's" when it comes to her ex-bf. Talking about what a jerk he was and how you knew it all along will only make her feel worse, even though you think you might be helping by reinforcing that she is better off without him. Just be supportive and explain people break up, it's not the end of the world, and there is lots of fun to be had with a fresh new start.
I've got 3 daughter's and when my middle daughter showed up at the door one night, teary eyed and needing us because her "Beyonce with and F" (she is gay and engaged) had told her they were over. My heart simply broke. I sat with her, brushed away her tears, whispered words of love and rubbed her furrowed brow.
I think when our children experience pain, from when they are little and skim their knee, to broken hearts, we feel their pain. But, we also know from experience, scabs heal and the pain goes away.
Simple be there for her, be her elmo band-aid, make her smile with inside jokes and listen when she feels like sharing. Tell her you understand and be unconditional in your love.
She has a wonderful loving father and I am sorry for the loss of her mom. But thankful she has you.
xx~raya