Committee

last reply
9 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, let's say you find a single, attractive partner. Maybe you've even gone on a date.

Do you tell all your friends about him/her, wanting to know if they approve, before going further with a relationship?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Every single other time, I had asked advice after a first date, seems every one of my friends had some issue or concern. After first date with hubby, which was no hotter than a single, somewhat chaste goodnight kiss, but included two hours of deep conversation, I shut my mouth and didn't say a word. Went out five more times, we were madly in love by that point and THEN I told people, after they all met him their advice was unanimous, "Don't let him get away!"
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
My best friends told me it would never last with hubby. We celebrated our 19th anniversary last week.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
My best friends told me it would never last with hubby. We celebrated our 19th anniversary last week.

Congratulations, Ali

And I do confer with my friends, but I usually go with my gut....although my past two relationships have sucked...hmm...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lydiababy6969
Quote by ali2teaseu

Congratulations, Ali

And I do confer with my friends, but I usually go with my gut....although my past two relationships have sucked...hmm...

Thanks. I agree - friends may be helpful but in the end you have to trust your gut, even if you end up being wrong.
Lurker
0 likes
I tell my friends about guys i see and theyre the first to criticise when something goes wrong. I generally just end up ignoring them though and doing what i want.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My family doesn't like my man but we've been together four years now and still going strong...yet the ones they liked were assholes.....friends were the same way!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
No, I did that once when I was 24 and she spread it around the neighborhood and got me into trouble, so I'm very discreet now.
0 likes
I'm less of an "approval by committee" person and more of an "executive decision" person. So, no, I keep my own counsel until it either works out, and he is around long enough to meet my friends and family, or it doesn't work out, with no one the wiser.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I gave up talked to women friends about sex partners and lovers because they never seemed to like my choices