Login

A word

last reply
31 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
I know guys come in here and read our responses, so interested in what they think as well.....

Fellow females, what do you think about people using the C-word that refers to our lady parts? I find it offensive in whatever connotation it is being used. I had to delete 2 of the 3 men on my friends list, because they continued to use it, even when I asked them to stop.

Am I alone, or are there other women here that feel the same way?
Rainbow Warrior
It doesn't bother me. I'm not sure how it even got a bad rep. Better than a few other words I've heard used.
Chat Moderator
I love this word and enjoy hearing it in my ear during sex. Sadly, I have only had a few men who naturally say it (I'm sure most of them have been conditioned not to say it out loud for fear of retribution) but my current partner says it often. I use it in all of my stories at least once.
Her Royal Spriteness
Cunt? It is, actually, one of my favorite words to use, but i am selective about when i use it, and who hears it. sometimes.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
Snatch is beautiful, too. as is pussy. not so fond of furry taco, tho.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
Quote by sprite
Cunt? It is, actually, one of my favorite words to use, but i am selective about when i use it, and who hears it. sometimes.

Sometimes when something comes real close but still misses I'll say, wow that was a cunt hair away. Would that be bordering on crass or is that still acceptable usage?
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by Magical_felix

Sometimes when something comes real close but still misses I'll say, wow that was a cunt hair away. Would that be bordering on crass or is that still acceptable usage?

I kind of like it. I'm going with acceptable. smile

The Linebacker
Quote by Magical_felix

Acceptable. I always agree with Sprite. (She makes me.)

I think its sporting to use it. It does rhyme with some sporting words, punt, bunt, hunt, and grunt. Ya know, ya gotta grunt when ya play sports.

In sex talk, 'pussy' is the sweetener and 'cunt' is the spice.
Wild at Heart
Quote by Buz

In sex talk, 'pussy' is the sweetener and 'cunt' is the spice.

What's the salt?
The Linebacker
Quote by Magical_felix

What's the salt?

Snatch
Prolific Writer
I like the word very much in writing and in life.

I only use in life when somebody is so witchy and bitchy that they would naturally be a cunt.

It's very fitting most of the time for certain people.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Lurker
when I was younger I hated the word...In my early 20's my grandmom got Alzheimer's and she went from not using vulgar words EVER to calling everything and everyone a cunt, it was the funniest thing ever and my family still jokes about it (despite an otherwise sad situation)...so now when I hear it, it makes me giggle and I use it often.
Lurker
Quote by DoubleDs
when I was younger I hated the word...In my early 20's my grandmom got Alzheimer's and she went from not using vulgar words EVER to calling everything and everyone a cunt, it was the funniest thing ever and my family still jokes about it (despite an otherwise sad situation)...so now when I hear it, it makes me giggle and I use it often.

V that's a wild story but goes right back to make you remember grandmom every time you hear that word !
I'd love to hear you say it omg the fun we could have !!! Like the seven words you cannot say on TV by George Carlin , " Shit, Piss, Fuck,Cock, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, & Tits ," omg haven't said that in a while! Enjoy baby!
Classified
Quote by Missy4fun73
I know guys come in here and read our responses, so interested in what they think as well.....

Fellow females, what do you think about people using the C-word that refers to our lady parts? I find it offensive in whatever connotation it is being used. I had to delete 2 of the 3 men on my friends list, because they continued to use it, even when I asked them to stop.

Am I alone, or are there other women here that feel the same way?

Is it not similar to the word 'FUCK'?

For some, never to be used, for others a useful expressive word.
The tone and context is usually the key point as well as individuals present.

However, that said, if you request that 'friends' do not use it with you they should respect your wishes.
If they do not that is just ignorant.
Just as some of my friends do not like explicit pics on their forum pages, (they prefer PM's!).

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
In most cases I have no problem with the word. Like anything though in can be used poorly.
Active Ink Slinger
An american indian friend once told me that in his culture that word was offensive towards his woman. That Squaw spoken from a non native meant cunt which was an insult of magnitude.
Lurker
Non sexually I only really use that word when I'm really angry! But sexually I love it! It's such a dirty word much better than pussy as I don't have a cat between my legs lmao!
Active Ink Slinger
I always hated that word, but I've found myself using it a few times, and that's surprised me. But, in my defense, I was really pissed off.
Active Ink Slinger
like you that word can be extremely offensive to women and degrading ITs not my common vernacula
Lurker
I think it is degrading..

Lurker
It's becoming more frequent in movies lately, I watched spy last night and it had thundercunt in it! I think it's wrong in movies as it does offend some people.

Not me though, I use it often for many things, kind of like fuck really,

I don't think Katie likes it so I'm going to try and use it less

Quote by KatieElizabeth
I don't think I've ever used it. I don't think I ever will either.
Active Ink Slinger
The words "pussy" and "cunt" used to set me on edge. I disliked them for quite a while because I was under the delusion that only the proper terms should be used. But there's beauty in synonyms! They all mean the same wonderful thing. It just has a different air to it based on what term you use. "Pussy" and "vagina" are generally good. "Cunt", however, I see being more useful in more hardcore stories. This is from an erotica-writing perspective, obviously. In dirty talk, I'd giggle if my boyfriend said "cunt" because he's so... tame. I'm sure he'd giggle if I said it too.
Lurker
It is certainly not a word that I enjoy... I am likely to not read a story if it contains it.
For me, the "c word" falls into the swearing category, and it is a rarity that I swear at all (especially not in the company of women. I guess it's one way I express my respect)
Even though it can be (and often is) used without it's derogatory meaning, I still refuse to use it in any context.

'tis just the way I is!

I swear some of my morals come straight outta the 50's biggrin
Dammit, I swore!
Active Ink Slinger
It does not bother me in the least. In fact I use it also. Seems to me it is the context not the word.

If a person has been giving me Oral and tells me my cunt is lovely or tastes so wonderful. I will not be offended.

If I am describe as a cunt in a pejorative sense we may have a heated discussion.
Bonnet Flaunter
Quote by Ls63563
In most cases I have no problem with the word. Like anything though in can be used poorly.

Interestingly, this Anglo-German word was simply a descriptive word for female genitalia for centuries and only became a pejorative word relatively recently. I have no problem with the original usage of this word.
The Bee's Knees
this word used to bother me when used during sex. now i have no problem with it. i've never used it in a derogatory way to describe a woman, and haven't been around ppl that do.

Say. Her. Name.

Nerdzilla
When I was younger, it used to be the top on the list of the words to call someone who is truly horrible. I hated it--unless I felt it necessary to call someone. lol I've grown up since then. The word doesn't bother me like it did. That's why Sprite is still on my friend's list. :P
Unicorn Wrangler
At one time I would say I truly hated that word and would never use it in my writings. However, times and attitudes change. I have found it can work in certain situations and before anyone can call me out... I have used it in at least one story... possibly two... but I'm honestly not sure. I also don't care if a writer uses it in their story. To me... it's a choice of vocabulary. When I see it in a story or a poem, I just move on. I don't say, "What a horrid person for using that word!" If it fits... then I'm like... "Good word choice."

I rarely use it outside of writing, but there is one person on this earth whom I have called a cunt... and I meant it in the most negative and purposeful way I possibly could... and it was the nicest thing I could have called her.

Honestly... there are worse words that are used much more often and are way more offensive.
Lurker
Quote by curvygalore

Interestingly, this Anglo-German word was simply a descriptive word for female genitalia for centuries and only became a pejorative word relatively recently. I have no problem with the original usage of this word.

I agree - everything depends on context. Personally I would not use the word in its vulgar pejorative way because it is so demeaning.
When Flesh Becomes Word
An Anthology of Early Eighteenth-Century Libertine Literature, Edited by Bradford K. Mudge, OUP USA