Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

“A man wrote this.”

last reply
25 replies
1.9k views
2 watchers
11 likes

I’m interested for answers to this for all media, not just erotica.

Ladies, what are dead giveaways that a male was writing/directing. My partner will be watching something with me and she often points out tells to me of the writers gender. Often it’s costuming. The outfit is obviously constructed for the male gaze or incredibly uncomfortable. Other times it’s writing, such as incredibly blank love interest where a woman is infatuated with a guy but for no discernible reason.

What sticks out to you?

The incredibly hot girl with the ugly nerdy guy. Unless it’s obvious parody, or the guy is loaded, it’s been written by a male.

An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge

"The no discernable reason," is a flag, though women can just be in lust. But more than that, its characterisation for me. But let's be clear, men can write women successfully, Jamal is an example of that, as his women (even when submissive) have agency.

As a writer, for me research matters, like my only gay male story, which, as you might imagine, I have no experience off, I made sure to ask those on Lush who had, 'been there, done that,' certain things to make sure I didn't skirt the bounds of believability.

I also have chatted to male authors about girl on girl scenes which (so they tell me) has helped them ... for me its the great thing about Lush compared to other sites, how easy it is to get feedback on things that are on your backhand so to speak.

One thing though, try to steer away from the perfect women with full boobs, blond hair, blue eyes, and a peachy butt. It feels clichéd even though such women definitely exist.

Do check out my latest story:

Unleashed competition: Bull Shite, Bull Dykes, Bull Fights: That’s Your Everyday D/s Love Story. | Lush Stories

And my other stories, including 5 EPs, 22 RR's, and 15 competition top 10's including my pride competition winner: On Oxford Street, This Gay Girl Found Pride While Playing With Balls

Quote by CuriousAnnie

One thing though, try to steer away from the perfect women with full boobs, blond hair, blue eyes, and a peachy butt. It feels clichéd even though such women definitely exist.

My partner acted in Los Angeles for a long time. We always would laugh over the audition notices when they described genetic freak women thinking they were sexy and nothing for men.

'Martha - 18-23 - 6'3 120lbs, DD cup, long curly Red hair, green eyes, asian. Madly in love with Dennis. Must do nude scenes

Dennis - 20-60- M'

My husband writes erotica and I help him with these things as English is not my first language. I am trying to get him to put some of his writing here as well.

I can tell most times if a man is writing as a woman because they focus on their body. It is what is going on in my mind that matters more. Sometimes it is impossible to tell because they are very good.

This is my collection of muses and stories. Stories of note include:

Little Bird - A true story of submission and dominance set in Paris between an older couple and their younger lover.

Le Weekend - Six lives intertwined during one weekend create events that change their lives forever.

Extremely oversized assets, especially penises. "She moaned while he pushed his 30 inch dick into her." Yeah that's not moaning buddy, you're fucking her lungs. 🤣

In general it's the whole numbers thing. Might be wrong here, but I think men are more likely to describe with numbers than actual descriptions. The good old 90DD, exact height, weight and so on.

Always look on the bright side of life... and also my profile because I write erotica you might enjoy.

Explosions. Lots of explosions are a dead giveaway.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

No, at times I surprised by certain writers I've enjoyed and they come off full on leftist in their writing.

That's caught me off guard recently.

Quote by Beffer

There are AI programs designed to analyze gender bias in writing. They're usually pretty accurate. https://app.readable.com/text/gender/

So I pasted my new story in and it actually had me leaning fairly strongly to the feminine side. Interesting.

And Blossoming is a bit less so, but still leaning to that side.

So my erotica is "feminine" apparently, at least my full length stories?

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

The male gaze. Watch how the camera introduces the women. Lingering shots on tits and ass, you can guess the gender.

Same applies to writing.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Quote by Seeker4

So I pasted my new story in and it actually had me leaning fairly strongly to the feminine side. Interesting.

And Blossoming is a bit less so, but still leaning to that side.

So my erotica is "feminine" apparently, at least my full length stories?

Are you using a fleshlight as you write these stories? You know, a feminine touch, in some way.

Quote by IMPURETHOUGHTS

Are you using a fleshlight as you write these stories? You know, a feminine touch, in some way.

🤣 Don't own one (considered it, but never did) and, in fact, I have largely stopped stroking when I write. Sometimes stroke fantasies end up in my stories but more often not nowadays.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Quote by Beffer

There are AI programs designed to analyze gender bias in writing. They're usually pretty accurate. https://app.readable.com/text/gender/

Interesting. I sampled ten of my longer pieces, which all came back on the mid to far fem side. My micros, however, spread right across the spectrum, from Feminine to Masculine. This is an understandable bias, I suppose, given the tight word count and need for sharpened word choices.

That gender analyzer thinks I write with a predominantly feminine tone; sometimes way way waaaay fem. Intriguing.

Barring the odd micro, only two of my stories in the last few years are designated masculine: Embers (allegedly written from the female POV but... clearly I failed lol) and Chasing Daydreams. Colour me surprised.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 21 collaborations.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

That gender analyzer thinks I write with a predominantly feminine tone; sometimes way way waaaay fem. Intriguing.

Barring the odd micro, only two of my stories in the last few years are designated masculine: Embers (allegedly written from the female POV but... clearly I failed lol) and Chasing Daydreams. Colour me surprised.

Yeah, I just did an analysis of a random paragraph, and was unsurprised to see I'm seen as having a feminine style. It would be interesting to know the criteria.

Quote by Seeker4

🤣 Don't own one (considered it, but never did) and, in fact, I have largely stopped stroking when I write. Sometimes stroke fantasies end up in my stories but more often not nowadays.

I need to read your new stuff.

Descriptions of thought process often stand out to me as distinctly male -- especially when describing how women think. I can't be more specific at this time.

I found two of my longer pieces that are classed mid-level masculine

Claire's Day Out and Last Night

I haven't a clue why they would be. Neither is outside my norm in plot/structure/style/vocabulary/whatever.

Yeah, I feel the analyzer results should be taken with a hillock of salt. Clearly the algorithm isn't doing in-depth analysis, given it spews a result out in a fraction of a second, even on a 10k-word story.

* 21 collaborations.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Yeah, I feel the analyzer results should be taken with a hillock of salt. Clearly the algorithm isn't doing in-depth analysis, given it spews a result out in a fraction of a second, even on a 10k-word story.

Agreed, because there is no way that 'So... Father Christmas Throat Fucked My Wife' should come up as feminine. If that analyser can say that story is feminine, it's broken.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

Quote by CarltonStJames

Agreed, because there is no way that 'So... Father Christmas Throat Fucked My Wife' should come up as feminine. If that analyser can say that story is feminine, it's broken.

That's the one you wrote left handed, isn't it? I think it got it right.

I’m guessing the first paragraphs of my recent noir entry would read masculine, but I’m too lazy to check.

Quote by Ensorceled

I’m guessing the first paragraphs of my recent noir entry would read masculine, but I’m too lazy to check.

Your last micro was solid fem, just so you know. Or did someone do you a final edit? (hehe 😘)

Quote by kistinspencil

Your last micro was solid fem, just so you know. Or did someone do you a final edit? (hehe 😘)

You had me at "solid fem." smile

Quote by Ensorceled

You had me at "solid fem." smile

Like an atheist certifying the validity of god 😈 Yep, that's me.