Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

You are going to Writer's Hell!! Bring wine.

last reply
69 replies
6.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by silverseeker
Dear avgblkgirl,
If you are going to writers hell, I'm coming with you and so is everybody else apart from Toni. She is going to be very lonely. Although there is enough variety among human beings to make literally any behaviour possible, and therefore we can make things up to our heart's content and it's still authentic to someone, somewhere, what is wrong with recounting an actual experience that interested or excited us so much that it wants to be written about?
You don't name names, of course, and it's highly unlikely that the person you're writing about is going to read your story on here anyway, but even in the wider context, I don't see a moral problem with using characteristics, foibles or even details of sexual practices that are based on real people.
The person we reveal most of in our stories is ourselves. You don't have to get far into one of mine to see what turns me on the most, and some of my stories are almost completely factual, so the other person is there too, but only she would know it.
So you're not a succubus - and as delightful as that word is, it doesn't even describe what you're being accused of. I don't think there is a word that describes it. You're not even a betrayer of confidences if no one knows who you're talking about.
Feel free, write free, give readers pleasure, don't hurt anyone.
You're fine.

Vic

Oh you and I are going to have a good time. ? I agree with you whole heartedly. No one is more bare to the world than I am in my writing. All that I absorb flows into my writing. It changes and it shifts as it combines with how I see it and feel it--and convey it to the reader. That's where the creativity comes into play. I'm not trying to use anyone. I'm not trying to tell someone's story, I'm trying to tell a story. I'm definitely not trying to hurt anyone. I'm writing fiction as real as I possibly can and I'm drawing from everywhere.

Write free. I like that.

So Vic, you bringing wine? Will you be playing naked Twister?
? A True Story ?
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

I'm with her - even further away than her. I go out of my way to avoid using anything that reminds me of people I know or have met or have seen in movies and on TV. I can't stand the unaware filtering that happens, it bugs the crap out of me.

Only a few times have i actually written about my husband - and that was sex straight from my sex life, not just character traits.

I think it's something we all try to avoid.

I bow to all who are as masterly, creatively original as Ms. Morrison. More power to you. To create completely and as fully as she does from no mental influence is genius. Her genius is apparent. Chuck Palahniuk said that he is the combined effort of everyone he's ever known. (Yeah, I'm quote'n Chuck) I feel him on that and then some. It all gathers, then combines and forms something new within me. I won't deny the influences. I'm no genius.

I'd guess that those "few times" you pulled from your own sex life (and therefore your partners you thief ), you were thinking more like Agostinho da Silva. He felt that nothing is completely new. He was not interested in what influenced his writing; he was interested in "being true" (writing the believable or the realistic).

I think you are going to Purgatory. I'm not sure you can have wine. But if you change your mind, we have extra. ?
? A True Story ?
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I'm reminded of an interview a writer named Terry McMillan gave. She was sued by an old boyfriend. He claimed she humiliated him in one of her books. It never went any further than a public accusation, I believe. No proof. The interviewer asked the writer if she did base her stories on real experiences. She just smirked and said, "What do you think?"

That made me laugh. I feel that if I made you believe the character, situation or attribute could be real, I've done my job. Whether I've pulled from something real or not should be my secret.
? A True Story ?
0 likes
Hmm.

All of my pieces are pure fiction, with the caveat that all of the places with the exception of one are very real places with which I am intimately familiar, and I have a terrible habit of describing myself when describing the female protagonist. So halfway to H-ll? And can I bring a case of Glenlivet 18 and a case of Drambuie?
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Hmm.

All of my pieces are pure fiction, with the caveat that all of the places with the exception of one are very real places with which I am intimately familiar, and I have a terrible habit of describing myself when describing the female protagonist. So halfway to H-ll? And can I bring a case of Glenlivet 18 and a case of Drambuie?

Ooo girl, you can come sit right next to me. Let's keep those boxes close my sweet friend. I've been waiting for you. ?

Whispers: Yeah, I'm working on not being the wild haired heroine of all my stories. I don't think anyone has noticed my dilemma yet though.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well if it makes you feel any better "not even close to average black girl", you won't be alone in Writer's Hell. I have used friends as my muse for my stories as well. More than once. I won't say what stories or what friends but just know that I get my inspiration from wherever and whomever I can find it.

Now pass me that bottle hon!
Lurker
0 likes
Ninety percent of my ideas come free floating from my noggin, or an occasional thought bouncing like ball as if picking up jacks.
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

Ooo girl, you can come sit right next to me. Let's keep those boxes close my sweet friend. I've been waiting for you. ?

Whispers: Yeah, I'm working on not being the wild haired heroine of all my stories. I don't think anyone has noticed my dilemma yet though.

kisses ABG on the cheek, whispering, I can keep a secret if you can, do you take your Scotch neat or on the rocks?
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl
For my fellow conspirators ?

If others are bringing Barolo, and this is a superhighway, shall I bring champagne, or beer, or both? See you there, either way. What good company you have!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll admit I readily draw my characters from people I know or came in contact with. the same for the love scenes. I started keeping a journal at 19. after any date or sexual encounter as soon as I got home I would document it so if I went out with that girl (or guy) again I would know what they like. I kept such detailed records that often the sex scene in one of my stories is just cut/pasted from my journal & names changed to fit my story.