Writers! What's Your writing Goal?

last reply
37 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
0 likes
I would go for B. I had a taste of that on the RPG convention circuit, always nice to get a free entry pass and run a panel or two.
Fame brings problems, respect from people who love your art because they do it too, best thing ever.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
colin123
0 likes
I am just really pleased that my stories appear to be so popular. My goal i suppose is to have 100 stories published. At this present time i have had 64 published with 3 legendary stories and 49 famous stories. Most of my stories are based on sexual events throughout my life. Please help me reach my goal and keep reading.
colin123
0 likes
Quote by LucaByDesign
If you were given a choice would you prefer to be:

a. A full-time writer working under a nome de plume turning out smut that makes you a much better living than in your present occupation (I'm not talking riches).

OR

b. A niche writer who is highly esteemed within the fraternity of your chosen genre (SF, horror, Historical Romance, etc.), but not making a large amount of money from your efforts. On the plus side, you would be invited to all the conventions, feel part of a real community, adoring readers and their letters.

I would choose the latter. But I can be cavalier now; my working days are over. These days I don't need to make a living, feed my family. I no longer crave wealth. I am not so sure I would have given the same answer thirty years ago.

I'd be interested to hear what the other writers on Lush think — oldies and youngsters alike.

I like to write about my wife and my sexy adventures and love the fact that the readers seem to love it as well.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Option C: write what I want when I want and make a shitload of cash. Hey, if we're going to fantasise, let's do it properly!

Gun to my head, I'd go with B. The freedom and creativity is much more appealing. The whole convention thing would be a bit of fun too.

I had a very brief taste of churning out the smut under a false name for a publisher and it kind of sucked the fun out of it. Here's the story outline, now write! Put more emotion in it! Certainly a valuable experience, and probably something I could get used to. Hell, on the road to Option C, I'll probably even grovel back there to see if I can get a few more credits on my query letter to try and land an agent. But long term? No...t at this stage.

Morgan Hawke's got a good thread on what it's like in the publishing house engine room. Make no mistake, it's a job.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Wilful
Option C: write what I want when I want and make a shitload of cash. Hey, if we're going to fantasise, let's do it properly!

Gun to my head, I'd go with B. The freedom and creativity is much more appealing. The whole convention thing would be a bit of fun too.

I had a very brief taste of churning out the smut under a false name for a publisher and it kind of sucked the fun out of it. Here's the story outline, now write! Put more emotion in it! Certainly a valuable experience, and probably something I could get used to. Hell, on the road to Option C, I'll probably even grovel back there to see if I can get a few more credits on my query letter to try and land an agent. But long term? No...t at this stage.

Morgan Hawke's got a good thread on what it's like in the publishing house engine room. Make no mistake, it's a job.

Option C sounds wonderful :-)

I'm lucky enough to have done options A & B at various points and they all have their merits.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I wouldn't say I have a goal. Certainly not a 'I'll achieve this then quit' type of goal. I'll just keep writing as long as I enjoy it!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Why not both? It would be nice to make enough money to maybe keep a bill or two paid, get a car, or keep insurance on it, or just have a bit of extra money to save. And being niche for whatever reason keeps that going, able to be invited to things, granted I could go, would be nice. I don't expect to be rich from any of this, but being well known and making a bit of money sounds nice.