Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What Else Do You Like Writing?

last reply
18 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
I like writing crime stories! I have a handful of Russian mob characters I like to write stories about (bud in my signature is one of them). I actually wrote an entire 220 page MS, but I still like writing little short stories about them as well. I'm a sucker for tragic plots and vile characters.
Outside of erotica, which is really something I only write for here, I primarily write fantasy and horror fiction. I love a bit of magic and whiff of brimstone in my fiction. For fantasy, I tend to go for a lighter touch rather than world-shaking epics. For horror, I like either subtle, ghostly stories or cosmic horror a la Lovecraft.
Quote by seeker4
The only story I have up so far is actually a segment from a short horror/fantasy piece I wrote (which didn't originally have an erotic scene but then I felt spiccy LOL). I like taking inspiration from 80s/90s anime.

Quote by Piquet
What time periods do you like to set your stories in? Poetry can be hit or miss with me, but I'll always be fond of nursery rhymes ??
Depends on what's going on in my life. Right now I'm working intermittently on what I'd describe as an atypical high sci-fantasy novel. It isn't erotic fiction per se, but there's a fair amount of sex and romance in it. I just don't spend 500+ words describing a single orgasm. There's also a couple of temporarily shelved novels, one of which is periodically autobiographical, but if you were looking at those events through the lens of powerful hallucinogens and/or psychosis (this subject has been researched thoroughly including interviews, as a note). I've also written a number of stageplays and had a few produced. I wrote a feature-length screenplay once but I never pushed to get it produced. I might try and rebuild it one day, but I'd be doing so from the ground up. Lots of other things too, but those are generally considered the highlights by people who've read my work.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Quote by Smoppet
What time periods do you like to set your stories in? Poetry can be hit or miss with me, but I'll always be fond of nursery rhymes ??

I've set some of my stories in the present day but I also love ancient history, so some are set in ancient Egypt or Greece. I also like alternative places that might be similar to our world but in a former time. I try to rhyme my poetry and I use measured lines of syllables where I can. Read some of my stuff and you'll see. I write Japanese style haiku and tanka too.
Quote by She

You're quite accomplished!!
I used to meet up with a group of pals who would talk about their experiences with hallucinogens, though not a user myself, but the meetings got a little confused and ended.
I recently finished reading a book of collected essays by James Baldwin, and he says writing a play was so much more difficult for him when he started than writing novels. Did you have similar feelings when you got into stageplays?

Quote by Piquet

Ancient Greece and Egypt are always interesting time periods. I finished reading the KJV Bible and Apocrypha not too long ago, which was...something. I want to get around to reading some works by Greek philosophers once I've finished reading a handful of other bricks on my shelf. There was also an interesting looking book about Egypt that I stumbled across on Amazon, but I didn't bookmark it, so I forget its title ? (found it! It's called Temple of Man and it's EXPENSIVE)
Quote by Smoppet
"I recently finished reading a book of collected essays by James Baldwin, and he says writing a play was so much more difficult for him when he started than writing novels. Did you have similar feelings when you got into stageplays?"

I didn't actually. I find screenwriting more challenging, but I suspect that's because I haven't worked on an actual film project. By the time I started seriously writing plays I'd acted, directed, stage managed, run tech positions, assisted in the design and construction of sets, managed props, and functioned as dramaturg. That said, I haven't done it in years and I'm sure I'd find it to be a new set of challenges now.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Quote by She

Screenwriting looks like such a pain. I took a course on thumbnailing scripts and it was so frustrating that I dropped the course. I can't remember all that camera lingo, and drawing from different angles without concise reference images is impossible for me.
When I'm not writing erotica I enjoy writing Cyberpunk themed fiction, originally it was all tabletop role-playing material but lately I've been attempting short stories there too.
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
I love to write historical fiction...
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/general/the-mohawk-cabin-chapter-1.aspx

And essays on Native American culture...
http://whitecrowtradingpost.com/land-of-legend.php

And sapphic stories in the context of ancient mythology...
http://sapphictales.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=1

And blogs on politics and general current events...
https://sallykirtomy.wordpress.com/page/4/
Mine kind of goes all over the place. But mostly it tends to be "coming of age". And no, that does not always involve young characters, but can also mean people who go through a major change in their life and finally "grow up". The 25 year old slacker that finally gets a purpose in life for example.

I have written long romantic stories. I have written short stories about streetwalkers in LA. I have written several that are superhero stories. And quite a few that I call "Dark Tales" that are often rather dark, but have twists at the end (akin to Twilight Zone). And more recently, I have started to take on period pieces. I have covered the 1990's, 1980's, 1960's, 1950's, and now the 1940's like that. Mostly single short stories, but where I try to immerse the reader completely into that decade I am writing about. Everything from the music (big band), the clothing (bullet bras), and TV shows and movies.

I have done space sci-fi with robots, fanfic, chemical sex change, even one anthology series where the title and part of the plot comes from a song (so far only 2, The Who and Tom Lehrer). One based only on a title as part of a challenge, even a semi-horror where it was an "outside looking in" on a character reliving a "Groundhog Day" life, and their interaction with somebody else.

Mostly, I just go wherever my muse leads me. I often joke I have little actual input on where my stories go. I just put onto paper whatever my muse whispers into my ear. And sometimes to be honest even that surprises or shocks me in the end.
I used to write literary until I realized Literary was just another genre.

Then erotica for several years.

Now I write horror and sci-fi. It's way more fun than literary. So was erotica.
music

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)

Sprite's phone number on restroom walls.
Quote by Beffer
Sprite's phone number on restroom walls.

Ah, I thought I recognised it from somewhere...

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)

I write short fiction in all kinds of genres... when I have the time and inclination