Do you get turned on when you write?

last reply
25 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I think it depends on what I am writing. If I come up with an idea that I think will make a good erotic story, then I tend to concentrate more on making it a good story, and don't get turned on. On the other hand, if I am writing out a sexual situation that I've experienced, or fantasized about, then I do get turned on.
0 likes
The idea of a story is a turn-on for me, but then I get caught up in the actual writing of it and tend to forget about the rest.
Lurker
0 likes
I get turned on writing the sexual part for the first time because all kinds of variations and ideas are going through my mind as I write it. Once I start editing, though, it goes away.

Then I clean up.

Just kidding.
Lurker
0 likes
I get turned on, definitely. I especially love the build up to the sex. It's the anticipation that always gets me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I think if you don't get turned on then you aren't doing something right. Hell, I can barely make it through a story!

Lush Legend
0 likes
I agree because I do get worked up as well when I am writing and I have to take a break to at least finish sometimes.....LOL!

"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Sometimes, ok, most of the time, yes I do. My mind starts to wonder and I get all hot and bothered. Especially the more that I write, the characters become their own people and I'm just writing what they're saying/doing. It's their story, I'm just telling it for them. And it can drive a girl mad just waiting to see what's going to happen next. LOL And I agree with Merry, its the build up that gets to me. Some call it a tease, but its a turn on for me!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You know, usually when I sit down to write the story I have already masturbated as I put it on paper --- and now I just have to type it… So by then I don’t get aroused anymore, but I have gotten turned on with my own stories (may be because in my mind I just go back to that particular day and time.)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Yes, I do get turned on while writing the first draft or rewrite of a story. After that, not so much. By then, I'm concentrating more on the technical, spelling, and gramatical errors and not the eroticism of my stories.
Lurker
0 likes
I deffo do get turned on while wrting a story i have to stop several times as what i write when i re-read it turns me on, and then i think if it did that to me maybe then its a not so bad story. got a couple of other stories in the pipeline, just takes so long to finish them ha ha
Lurker
0 likes
If it doesn't turn me on as I write I don't think it will turn you on as you read.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I definately get turned on when I write. An idea for a story usually pops in my head and is half way written there before I start to type. The hotter the story the more I leak.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For erotica, I only write if it turns me on.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm with Monocle, if I'm writing something for lush and it doesn't turn me on, what's the point.

Getting to the point where I have to stop and take a break to relieve some stress... never happened.

Ling
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm with Satyr and Ling-Li.
If it doesn't turn me on so intensely that I have to masturbate, I don't write it.
The story line is never clear to me until I get into the writing. My training and years of experience with technical writing enable me to go straight from fantasy to the keyboard. So I "experience" the story as it appears on the screen. And I get extremely aroused! Especially as the final scenes of seduction and climax become clear to me. I type as long as I can, then I masturbate, and keep on typing. With some stories, I even have to masturbate during the editting!
You've been a bad girl! Now take your pajamas off and go to my room!
Lurker
0 likes
I am with you guys if it does not first turn me on then what is the point of writing it???
Lurker
0 likes
Good point, someone, and welcome to the forum.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like the majority of you I get turned on when I write, but in all honesty it can be a bit of a problem. If I'm writing at home, I'll end up getting off, which interrupts the whole process. Then, when I'm back into the writing, the damn problem can recur. It's a nasty little time wasting cycle. So to avoid those issues I take my laptop down to a café, and I write there. It's fantastic really, I get to top up my caffeine levels via espresso, my laptop gets its juice through the cafés power supply, because I'm in public and I can't be getting myself off all of the time (other than that once, but I'm 100% no one knew as all fingers remained on the keyboard) I produce more writing, and I feel a little naughty doing it, which is always fun.

So what I want to know is, for all of you who get turned on when you're writing erotica, what do you do about it?

Do you have the self control to not play? Do you end up getting off, and straight back in to the writing? Do you feel that being turned and denying yourself the big O actually helps you to write?

I'm really curious about this, I love learning about writers habits... especially the habits of writers of erotica *grins*
Lurker
0 likes
I get turned on writing on the bus, usually with a complete stranger next to me. I don't know if they're reading. maybe one or two has...hmmm. good story idea. so, yeah. it's a funny turn on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't find "breaks" too distracting or flow interrupting. My stories usually take shape agonizingly slowly anyway, and I'll often think about the story in fantasy form many times before I start writing, and during the process (and if I don't think about it after as well, then I don't consider it all that great).
Lurker
0 likes
Do you end up getting off, and straight back in to the writing?

I don't get off during the writing. If I do that, I lose all interest in the story for a while, so I use the sexual tension to my advantage for writing.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Do you get turned on when you write?

Do hot checks count?

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN