last reply
38 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Ping
I didn't write stories until a few months before joining Lush. I wrote a couple stories specifically for someone in particular. When these last-ditch efforts were not appreciated and less than enthusiastically received, that relationship finally died a long-overdue death, and I started writing for me on Lush. At the time, there was a creative void in my life, so I began cooking and writing.

Prior to that, I had only written technical documents such as contracts and purchase agreements, bylaws, terms of reference, and scathing Canadian-style letters of complaint.

The earliest recollection I have of writing anything creative was in grade four, so I must have been nine or ten. I remember because my teacher wanted me to know the words iconoclastic and antidisestablishmentarianism. I wrote a story in haiku format entitled, Little Boy. It was a lovely rhyming story about that nuclear bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan on August 6, 1945.

I did write romantic poetry for a few unlucky ladies until one of those ladies broke my heart. That was almost thirty years ago. I stopped writing poetry for anyone until I started writing again for a muse I met here a few years ago. I don't see any more poetry writing in my future, but I am working on my first movie and television series scripts.

Stop
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Stop

Good stuff, eh?
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by GraceW

Existential Blues

Correctamundo, it most certainly was Existential Blues, by one Mr. Tom 'T-Bone' Stankus.
As per my offer, and as I am a man of integrity, you receive two thumbs up.

Now, because you do have some choice in the matter, up what exactly am I putting my thumbs?

That which did not kill me didn't try hard enough
Force of Nature
0 likes
Quote by Carlos2112

Correctamundo, it most certainly was Existential Blues, by one Mr. Tom 'T-Bone' Stankus.
As per my offer, and as I am a man of integrity, you receive two thumbs up.

Now, because you do have some choice in the matter, up what exactly am I putting my thumbs?

Rats, I hadn't thought about the consequences of my winning. Lemme think a minute.

Okay, your nose.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

Ungovernable
0 likes
Great question, Bria, and thank you for asking!

I think I wrote my first story at 10, about a woman with a beach house and a fiance and a jealous ex. Totally age-appropriate stuff.

Took a creative writing class at 17, wrote about a breakup from a male POV and for reasons I can't fathom (it made me cringe to read it a couple of years later), got a page full of glowing notes from the instructor. A few poems, nothing worth remembering. For the most part, as it does now, writing always came from a need to channel strong emotions.

First erotic story was written for my first cyber partner. It never occurred to me to be worried or nervous that he wouldn't like it.

First published story? Here, on Lush. Fetish, believe it or not. My first Lush friend strongly encouraged me to write about a personal experience, which became the second published story.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Reading these anecdotes, it seems the act of writing at an early age is quite the catalyst. I recall winning second place in a writing contest at school where we had to pen a lifeboat rescue story. I still have the RNLI ruler I won.

Since then I've always had random story ideas and jotted them down, started novels, never finished them. Been rejected from paper and online publishers a few times. Took an eight-week writing course. Watched a shitload of movies for narrative research. The manuscripts continued to clog my hard drive, just slightly better written.

First published work was here on Lush. I'm still learning and still have trepidation over whether anyone will like what I write every time I reach for the Publish button. Luckily, many do, it seems.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tbh I can’t quite remember when I first started writing erotica. At a guess it would be around 10 years ago. Was originally on another site and having read the stories wanting to try my own. A friend there introduced Lush whose community I found much more supportive and I suppose my desire to write is fuelled by the comments and feedback I receive.

Writing and publishing on Lush is a form of escapism and I like to think my stories capture the imagination of my readers. When I started writing it was an outlet for my imagination to explore without any constraints of real life. The feedback and comments make me want to strive to be better, if only a little from story to story. Part of me wishes I had started earlier, if only for having more free time to write which has become one of my biggest challenges to date, but on the other hand would my experiences and subsequent story telling be as fulfilling? One of those conundrums that we will never know but hopefully I can continue to write when time permits...
A fondness for scribing an erotic tale ~ my stories can be found here: https://www.lushstories.com/whispered_words/stories

My hunger to write fuelled by the comments hoping you'll check a tale or two out...
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by Whispered_Words
I like to think my stories capture the imagination of my readers... hopefully I can continue to write when time permits.

Hey there, fellow WW from the UK smile I will endeavour to read your stories when I get a chance.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 109 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 72 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes
I've been writing stories since an early age. I actually won some kind of award in 4th grade. I remember being really into fantasy and comedy in high school (having discovered Tolkien and Douglas Adams, among others. though Terry Pratchett I was not), and writing a terrible comedic-fantasy story of over 100 pages that I was kind of proud of at the time.

Erotica came much later. The first erotic story I wrote was in my 30s, and was one of my first submissions to this site. I submitted a lot more after that.

Don't believe everything that you read.