Login

Authors : What are you working on?

last reply
365 replies
20.8k views
11 watchers
237 likes

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Competition entries have to be new pieces, not rewrites of existing published content.

I think the comp entry and the rewriting old stories are separate items. At least that's how I read it.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Quote by Seeker4

I think the comp entry and the rewriting old stories are separate items. At least that's how I read it.

Ah okay. I thought maybe they were connected.

There's no rule against rewrites but since it doesn't notify followers of the resubmission and retains its original publication date, you may wish to find a way to inform people who have read it that it's been revamped.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 112 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 29 Editor's Picks, 74 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 10 other times in the top ten.
* 21 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Quote by WannabeWordsmith
There's no rule against rewrites but since it doesn't notify followers of the resubmission and retains its original publication date, you may wish to find a way to inform people who have read it that it's been revamped.

Yeah, if I was doing a serious rewrite, I'd probably do a promo thread, profile post, etc. just as if it were a new story since it won't hit the front page. And, really, I might just take it down and repost as new if the rewrite was really drastic. Most of mine in the past weren't big enough to bother, though. Fixing weird inconsistencies and other glitchy things like that rather than wholesale overhauls.

A poem for your enjoyment. Little something that came to me a couple days ago

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-mistake-4

Quote by JourneyYoung

I've started working on my sequel to my "Naked!" story ...

I've been kind of "meh" about it, though. I think the concept of the story is good, but it is almost more slice-of-life with occasional sex than what I'd call a sexy romp. It's also funny because some of my other stories I will just write and be like "how do I already have 6,000 words" and on this one I'll write a chapter and be like "how am I only at 2500 words?" It's weird. I feel like I'm having to stretch out chapters and that doesn't feel very good.

So I did a whole new fleshed out outline for the chapters in this story and I've done, more or less, a re-write of the first six (was seven) chapters, some getting a slight facelift while others were pretty much gutted. I feel a lot better about where that story is now and my plan for writing through it in the future. Yay!

My competition entry is up, so I'm turning back to my attempt to win the omnium badge. I've got a cross-dressing scenario I really like, but I just realised I'm at nearly 3000 words and no-one has got laid yet, even if the bedroom door has just closed! I think I need to get to the point a bit faster with this one!

nothing too exciting. i am working on my comp entry like a lot of you are. I scrubbed the first one and started over and I am pleased with it so far. the basic outline is all sketched out and I am about 4.5k word into the rough draft. it's going to end up in the bdsm category and I already have a cover image for it. besides that I have a new Mrs Vandermeer chapter that I've been playing with for about... oh, 5 years now? lol and a new Alice chapter that I've been working on for a few months and I really want to get back to writing for Space girl again.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.