Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which past musician/band do you wish you could have seen?

last reply
13 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Bands break up, musicians can pass on but the music lives on.

Which artist or band do you wish you could have seen in their prime before it was too late no longer possible?

During my adolescence Linkin Park was the band that resonated most with me but my issues with anxieties in crowds meant I never actually saw them live though I think it would have been a great energy to see them perform.

But I think the best to have seen from before my time would have been Queen with Freddie Mercury still alive and leading them on the stage.
Lurker
0 likes
I think the only joy division song I know is 'Atmosphere', if I remember right its a heavy kind of song in terms of how it made me feel. Certainly was a good one to help me last year.
0 likes
In late 1976, punk rock crashlanded into my life. For two heady years, music became something to be passionate about again.

I first heard the Ramones in the psychedelic dungeon basement of Blood Lloyd Records, "Up Hanley, Duck", the track Oh. Oh, I Love Her So rolling over me like one of those things that roll of you. My world was never the same again

If I'd h known they were in the country later in the year, I would have loved to have been at the gig recorded below. At this point the band was at the top of their game. I've seen footage of them only a few years later, old men going through the motions, fast on the way to the caricatures they eventually became of themselves.

But this gig — perfection.

0 likes
The Moody Blues at their height in the early seventies, or maybe the eighties edition. By the time I saw them, only three original members were left. Still nice to have seen them, but missed Ray Thomas (retired from music just before I saw them).
Easily amused
0 likes
Dire Straits. I could listen to Mark Knoffler play guitar all day.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ensorceled
Dire Straits. I could listen to Mark Knoffler play guitar all day.

I have actually been to a Dire Straits concert. My dad took me and my brothers to see them on their tour for 'Money for Nothing'. Unfortunately thiugh I was only 4 or 5 at the time and the only memory I truly hold of that concert was being teased for falling asleep.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Benny Goodman's legendary Carnegie Hall concert.
Dutchess Of Dancing
0 likes
David Bowie

A secret isn't a secret if 2 know it🤐

Lurker
0 likes
Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Quote by pentup47
Benny Goodman's legendary Carnegie Hall concert.

Absolutely. Dad had the original lacquer pressings. Jess Stacy's solo on Sing, Sing, Sing -- spent the rest of his life trying to live up to that 1:35 seconds.

With my dad at Monterey '67 or the Allman Brothers at Filmore East, 1970.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guillaume de Machaut (1300-1377) - so I could've asked him how he was able to write music as divine as this:

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)