Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which famous films haven't you seen and why?

last reply
81 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I was reading an article in The Guardian written by someone who hasn't watched Forrest Gump.

It got me thinking, which films were all the rage, which you haven't watched, and why?

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls053826112/

I didn't even know that "The Jesus Film" existed.

I've not watched anything Harry Potter. It's for kids right?

Jurassic Park sounded dull so I skipped that.

Anything produced by Marvel, I refuse to watch. Formulaic dross.

List away with your reasons!
Mana wahine
0 likes

50 shades of grey - Most people here can write better erotica than the book, and I saw lots of bad reviews for the movies

Marvel or superhero movies - Not my thing

Star wars - Never seen any, don't hold any appeal to me

Twilight - Ha, nope.

Fast and Furious - Drivel.
Matriarch
0 likes
I've only watched "Avatar" from your list.

It piqued my interest as it's a rip-off of the excellent Hayao Miyazaki's "Castle in the Sky".
0 likes
50 Shades of Grey
The God Father
Harry Potter
The Notebook
Twilight

Marvel/DC films are especially wack even though I'm hoping that Quinn gets a proper film made about her (I love Batman Animated Series, so I want that Quinn)

So many more that I don't recall.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i have never seen E.T.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i have never seen E.T.

No way!

Why not?

Watch it while stoned. Thank me later.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i have never seen E.T.

Quote by nicola

What she said!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've only watched "Avatar" from your list.

It piqued my interest as it's a rip-off of the excellent Hayao Miyazaki's "Castle in the Sky".

I noticed this as well.
Way too many similarities for me to believe the writers of Avatar were
not influenced by Castle in the Sky.

Not sure if these are all of them, but you may have interest if ya not already recognized them.

Avatar vs Castle in the Sky similarities...

A rare mineral with special powers was sought by the Bad Guys in both stories.

Both films ist about mining a mineral using government/military force.

A huge tree in both stories as an important central structure housing or protecting the defending culture
(or the remnants of a tree in Castle in the Sky) having unspecified power or value.

Gravity-defying islands of land, with trees, vines, rocks, that float above their planet in both films.

There ist a night scene in both films where a magical phosphorescent glow signifies a special place or life-form.

Airships in the films are command vessels designed as huge, threatening, gravity-defying machines.

Both stories have an environmental theme, where the defending culture ist trying to preserve their environment.
In "Avatar", defenders are the super-sized humanoid Na’vi.
In "Castle in the Sky" the environmental defenders of Laputa are huge humanoid robots.

Both films, a sleeper-warrior awakens after a long dormancy.
In "Avatar" it ist the hero Jake Sully.
In "Castle in the Sky" it ist a robot that awakens in the presence of the magic mineral crystal.

The handicapped hero Jake Sully of Avatar could represent the lesser than a complete human ability,
humanoid robot hero of Castle in the Sky.

The Marines’ robot suits from Avatar are similar in context to the Laputa robots of Castle in the Sky.

Wind Edward Kim ties James Cameron and Hayao Miazaki together in a more thorough und
a very respectful way, but still a similar action.

I also think there ist a connection to the dragon-like flying creatures in Avatar, but not sure really.
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

No way!

Why not?

you say that like i don't watch everything while stoned.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Titanic with Leonardo DiCaprio. Saw the black and white version and wasn't going to sit there for hours. Besides, I knew how it ended in both movies: the boat sank.
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by JackStay
Titanic with Leonardo DiCaprio. Saw the black and white version and wasn't going to sit there for hours. Besides, I knew how it ended in both movies: the boat sank.

Oh, you should have marked this as a spoiler alert. Now I know how it ends. Damn.
Lost in my own mystique
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you say that like i don't watch everything while stoned.

To me the ULTIMATE stoned scene is the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was in a theater in Houston with the biggest screen available at the time, and I was enjoying the finest Hawaiian Sesimilla just prior to entering the theater. When that giant ball started rolling toward Indiana Jones I was totally mesmerized. Still get a contact high whenever I see that in a large format...

But to respond to the thread I'd say the famous film I haven't seen is the last Star Wars installment. Why? Frankly just laziness and a dislike of going to theaters...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by JackStay

there's a black and white version? it's a good movie, btw, if only for the line 'draw me like one of your french girls'. smile

0 likes
Quote by sprite

there's a black and white version? it's a good movie, btw, if only for the line 'draw me like one of your french girls'. smile

I assume he means A Night to Remember from 1958, considered the most accurate version prior to the wreck being found in 1985.

I have not seen Apocalypse Now. Probably should. I like Coppola, I like Heart of Darkness, just never got around to it.
Lurker
0 likes
The Green Mile ( Think it would upset me too much)
Harry potter ( For kids )
Trainspotting
Fargo
The Deerhunter( Too violent for me)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm sure I watched Snow White as a kid but I don't remember doing so. Might have been on TV in BW at the time.

The Jesus Film The Ten Commandments, too. Bits of that one, but not all.

No Harry Potters.

The Dark Night--gave up on that franchise before.

Fight Club.

Pulp Fiction. (If I saw it, I remember nothing and I don't care much for any of the people.)

Sound of Music and Ben Hur, bits here and there on TV but not all the way through.

City of God and Scarface.

Seven Samurai.

Taken the grand kids to some of the Marvel Avengers stuff but Gawd knows which ones.
0 likes
I’ve never watched the Godfather all the way through.

I can’t get through an entire Marvel movie either. Not really my thing
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I can't give any reason for most movies that I haven't seen, but here are two exceptions:

Dirty Dancing
When the movie came out kids in school (I was about 13 or 14) started claiming the music I used to listen to was "from that movie". It felt like cultural appropriation I guess.

Kill Bill: Volume 2
I thought Volume 1 was a lousy trailer.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by Saucymh
I’ve never watched the Godfather all the way through.

I have seen all three. Even saw III in a theatre since it came out so long after the others. I'd say watch I and II and take a pass on III. There were some good ideas and performances but it just didn't gel the way the first two did.

Which is, of course, why I cited Apocalypse Now. As a fan of seventies Coppola, it's almost weird that I have not seen it.

I have not seen many of the Marvel movies, either. They are in my wheelhouse (read a lot of Marvel as a kid), but the movie universe is now so broad and interconnected, it's getting hard to figure out a good entry point. Captain Marvel was the last one I saw and, to be fair, it was largely standalone even if it was also a setup for her appearance in Endgame.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Titanic as it's a ship that sales into a iceberg and sinks ....
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll
I can't give any reason for most movies that I haven't seen, but here are two exceptions:

Dirty Dancing
When the movie came out kids in school (I was about 13 or 14) started claiming the music I used to listen to was "from that movie". It felt like cultural appropriation I guess.

Kill Bill: Volume 2
I thought Volume 1 was a lousy trailer.

kill bill 2 is extremely different than kill bill 1

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by sprite

kill bill 2 is extremely different than kill bill 1

Yeah, but I just lost interest.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
All of the Lord of the Rings films, which shocks people who know my fantasy work just as much as learning that I've never read the books. Never watched any of the Godfather flicks. No Pulp Fiction. No Titanic. The only bits of Avatar I've ever seen was when it was playing on all the display sets at Wal-Mart while I was picking out a new television. Lots more.

Why? Just never been interested enough. That's all I can really say. I suppose there's a bit of an additional reason for Pulp Fiction and anything else Tarantino, because I absolutely hated Natural Born Killers. It put me off from considering anything he's made.
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Should've clarified that the B/W version was made in 1943. My bad. Saw it on Saturday Night at The Movies; probably somewhere between 1962 and 1965. It was BSB1 (Before Super Bowl 1).
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
All of the Lord of the Rings films .

wha-wha-what? you're dead to me. dead, i say.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by noll

Yeah, but I just lost interest.

why?

0 likes
Quote by sprite

wha-wha-what? you're dead to me. dead, i say.

To be fair, I haven't seen them yet, either, and I am a fan of the books. They came out during a busy period in my life and I've just never circled back to see them.

And I'm boycotting The Hobbit trilogy because, damn it, the amount of padding needed to make a trilogy of that book is just going to ruin what is a really nice, fairly short, fantasy story.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

To be fair, I haven't seen them yet, either, and I am a fan of the books. They came out during a busy period in my life and I've just never circled back to see them.

And I'm boycotting The Hobbit trilogy because, damn it, the amount of padding needed to make a trilogy of that book is just going to ruin what is a really nice, fairly short, fantasy story.

they came out 19 years ago, you know...

as for the hobbit, about half of it was a really good movie, the other half was just dreadful. i wish they put out a version that you could edit to taste. silly

0 likes
Quote by sprite

they came out 19 years ago, you know...

Right, when I was juggling a fairly demanding job and being the parent of a two-year-old.
0 likes
Quote by sprite

as for the hobbit, about half of it was a really good movie, the other half was just dreadful. i wish they put out a version that you could edit to taste. silly

I'll just find a copy of the old Rankin-Bass animated version. It was a terrific version of the book even if it skewed to a young audience.