Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What's The Best Movie According To You Without The TRADITIONAL Happy Ending?

last reply
200 replies
22.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Best Movie According To Me, Without A TRADITIONAL Happy Ending, Is Watchmen(2009)!
Watchmen was good. I agree.

I think Rocky may be the best movie without a traditional happy ending in my opinion.
This was another good one that left me with a 'what the fuck' sad feeling at the end.

The Others (Nicole Kidman)

Or

The Departed (Jack Nicholson)

Both great endings and very unexpected!
My favourite movie is Snatch. I don't think its ending could be classed as a "traditional happy ending".
Quote by Dancing_Doll
This was another good one that left me with a 'what the fuck' sad feeling at the end.

I don't think I've seen the film, but I've read the story and it made me go AAARGH! It seemed so damned pointless
Casablanca, Gone with the wind, Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Reservoir Dogs and The usual suspects.
Carlito's Way, Philadelphia, or The Godfather.
Quote by overmykneenow
Casablanca, Gone with the wind, Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid

What was that name of the one in that pub?
The Way Of The Gun

hands down! (In my humble opinion!)
1) To Kill a Mockingbird
2) The Green Mile
3) One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
4) Of Mice and Men
5) Rocky
6) Slingblade
7) Fargo

Sorry. Couldn't really stick to the rules and name just one.
All three of the Godfather Trilogy. Best movie ever made...imho.
Robert Altman's "The Player." It starred Tim Robbins and the bad guy got the girl and happy ending.
Pan's Labyrinth. no contest.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by Saga
The usual suspects.

Omg! How could I have not remembered that classic! I do agree! Amazing x
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Shit, you know what.. That one shocked me too at the end. never saw it coming, it makes sense it would happen that way but the way it is edited together is fucked up.
Quote by russ32233
The Way Of The Gun

I thought I was the only fan of that forgotten gem. Such a great movie. Watch it lushies.
The Black Death with Sean Bean. Love it when the hero gets ripped apart.
The original King Kong..."It was beauty killed the beast"
Arlington Road with Tim Robbins, a stunning ending....
Quote by janet_haney
Gran Torino

But under its own circumstances, wasn't this ending a fairly happy resolution? Same with Sling Blade, really. In both movies, the crisis resolved itself in arguably the best realistic way.

Come to think of it...those two movies are really similar thematically, too, right down to the ending.

sniff, sniff..... Great movie, though.
Hmm, so many...

Into the Wild
Bridges of Madison County
Man on Fire
Blue Valentine
Wuthering Heights
Shame

I'm sure there are more but I'll end it here for now ;)
And Grease.
American History X