Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What music do you love to hate?

last reply
28 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rap music. I used to listen it when I was in my early teens. As I got into high school, I listened less and less. By time I was a sophomore, I just couldn't stand it. Now I wonder why I ever liked it in the first place. It beats me, and now I just completely hate it. I'm also anti country music too. My mom had me liking it a little bit when I was younger, but again I don't understand what I ever liked about it.
Artistic Tart
That damn Aviici, plus or minus an 'i' in there somewhere. It's even spelled annoyingly. That song, "Wake me Up" is a heap of garbage. The worst parts of acoustic pop and electronica all bottled up to make us insane for 3 and a half minutes.

Oh, and Mumford & Sons, screw you for the fact that everyone's throwing a quick-strummed guitar and a banjo into everything these days. You just made the list!
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
Trashy rap. Not the good rap...but the bad rap with bad hooks that make no sense. They have catchy beats and the dumbest lyrics, and I have a playlist full of this dumb ass 'rap' music.

My current fave trashy rap song at the moment is "FDB" which stands for "Fuck Dat Bitch".

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Wild at Heart
Quote by LadyX

Oh, and Mumford & Sons, screw you

Don't weep little lion man. She didn't mean it.
Active Ink Slinger
Shitty mainstream pop music.

I can't tolerate
-Katy Perry
-Miley Cyrus
-Selena Gomez
-Demi Lovato
-Lady Gaga
-Boy Bands
-Cheesy and Catchy love songs
-Rap Music ( there's a few exceptions )
-Country Music
-Nickleback
Active Ink Slinger
What music? I tend to find something I can like in all music.

Bands/Artists ... That's a different story.

Mumford and Sons is One of those bands I don't like.
They aren't the real deal to me, and it's all the same.
Wild at Heart
Quote by AngelHeart01

Mumford and Sons is One of those bands I don't like.
They aren't the real deal to me, and it's all the same.

You wouldn't know the real deal if it slapped you on the vagina.

Pay no mind. A lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep, little buddy.
Lurker
Metal. Though my brother disagrees with me a lot
Old school country (Hank Williams stuff on up to the new country movement in the eighties like Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, some of which I like). OTOH, modern alt-country (which generally has a heavy dose of blues or rock in it) has produced some of my favorite current bands (e.g. Blackie and the Rodeo Kings).

Most metal, but there's a few bands (AC/DC) or individual albums/songs (e.g. some of Metallica's music) that I give a pass to.

Boy bands. Not crazy about the girl pop (Cyrus, Perry, Gaga, et al) either, but sometimes there's some good music coming out of there whereas I find the boy band scene as dull and lifeless as music can get.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by AngelHeart01

Bands/Artists ... That's a different story.

Yep. I tend to listen to a lot of postpunk/alt/indie type music, but I love artists from all genres. When people say "everything except rap and country" I hear "I only like music by middle class white people" but maybe they just haven't heard the good stuff? It's not usually played on Top 40 radio after all.

I'm finding Arcade Fire a little preposterous lately, requiring people to wear formal attire to their shows?! Get over yourselves.
Active Ink Slinger
in my area you are supposed to love kpop, most my friends do...it plays all over the place BUT.....i dont lol
my newest :)
Lurker
Shitty mainstream Hip-Hop
Quote by AngelHeart01

Really, that's where I tend to fall, too, though with the exceptions I've noted above. I'm the kind of person who can be listening to Beethoven at work, then put some prog rock or alt/indie pop on when I get in the car, then listen to jazz while I exercise or do te dishes.
Active Ink Slinger
I don't hate any type of music. But then again there are some genres I don't really consider music, LOL
Story Verifier
I can sit and listen to almost any type of music but I am not keen on Rap.

I could say that I hate Jazz but it isn't really music is it?

It's just a bunch of dysfunctional people playing out of tune instruments, out of time.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by jollylolly

Yep. I tend to listen to a lot of postpunk/alt/indie type music, but I love artists from all genres. When people say "everything except rap and country" I hear "I only like music by middle class white people" but maybe they just haven't heard the good stuff? It's not usually played on Top 40 radio after all.

I'm finding Arcade Fire a little preposterous lately, requiring people to wear formal attire to their shows?! Get over yourselves.

Arcade is just making fun with the formal attire, great band, one of the best around now.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by deftones25

Arcade is just making fun with the formal attire, great band, one of the best around now.

Now they are saying it's "super not mandatory". I'm just contrary, tell me I must dress up in formal wear at a show and I get rebellious. People should absolutely wear whatever they like, formal or not.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by jollylolly

Now they are saying it's "super not mandatory". I'm just contrary, tell me I must dress up in formal wear at a show and I get rebellious. People should absolutely wear whatever they like, formal or not.

Haha I agree, just a bit of fun though, I will eb seeing them in January very excited.
Lurker
I hate most pop music but it is the fault of the music execs who are more interested in making a quick buck.

The Who and I am running away before my hubs sees I wrote that.
Lurker
RAP, i hate it
Active Ink Slinger
I like music from anywhere I have been in the world and that is most of the continents. Every kind of music has some good individual songs I like, but I admit that some forms are more moving to me than others.
Lurker
I'm pretty much against alot of mainstream stuff(derp guess I'm a hipster now) It's all watered down, brainless, nonsense. What's even more annoying is how people praise it like its something more than it is.
Active Ink Slinger
I think I can tolerate most stuff as long as there's minimal amounts of accordion, bagpipes, pan-flutes (if I was paid enough I would gladly contract myself out on Zamfir), auto-tuned-based pitch correction (Cher's vocals in "Believe").
Also - power ballads by mid-80s pop-metal bands.
Actually a lot of over-produced crap from the 80's lol.
The Bee's Knees
bubblegum pop. i like to think i'm too cool for it, but i secretly sing along to it in my car

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
Not a fan of Katy Perry, Britney/Christina, & that sort of "Bubblegum pop", though some would argue my Monkee-mania kills that.

Largely don't like so-called "boy bands" (goes for Bieber, too). As Ryan Stiles once sang on "Whose Line", "You're not a band unless you play an instrument."
Active Ink Slinger
Rap & Hip Hop. Saw a performer tonight on Americas Got Talent that has a song about a cheerleader. They said that it has been on top for 4 weeks. I would have buzzed him. He should be on Americas Got No Talent
Lurker
Quote by Lttxn
Rap & Hip Hop. Saw a performer tonight on Americas Got Talent that has a song about a cheerleader. They said that it has been on top for 4 weeks. I would have buzzed him. He should be on Americas Got No Talent

Might agree, except I love improv, & watch Nick's other show... Can't believe nobody (judge or contestant) from AGT has been on it for 2 seconds.

Full name of show is "America's Got Talent, but they're all too good to appear on this crapfest".
Unicorn Wrangler
Rap & hip-hop have never been a style I've enjoyed. I find much of it misogynistic. When some songs can't play on the radio due to too much profanity in the lyrics. A swear word here or there is one thing... but when all you'd hear is "beep, beep, beep," then maybe they writer should find a thesaurus and pick some different words.
The Linebacker
I can't stand bad metal. Good metal is fine, but a lot of it really sucks and is nothing but screeching to a beat that sounds like a revved up automobile engine.

I don't like 'bubblegum' ie. Pop Music, that's Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, etc. Yuck!

Boy Bands? Hmm... that's for Tweens. Time for those boys to grow some balls.

I can only stand to hear bagpipes for about 15 seconds. They sound like a bunch of cats with someone stomping on their tails.

And I HATE barbershop quartet harmonizing. That sound should be expunged from history.