Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is your favourite depressing album?

last reply
25 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Obviously this question will mean different things to different people, so what is everyone's favourite depressing album?

Mine would be Joy Division- Closer
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I seem to love lots of music that would be considered depressing

Jeff Buckley, Elliot Smith, Billie Holiday, The Smiths, Joy Division, Neutral Milk Hotel...and Johnny Cash's version of Hurt always makes me want to weep.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by jollylolly
I seem to love lots of music that would be considered depressing

Jeff Buckley, Elliot Smith, Billie Holiday, The Smiths, Joy Division, Neutral Milk Hotel...and Johnny Cash's version of Hurt always makes me want to weep.

I like all of those too, although The Smiths do have a very humorous side too, and I am seeing Neutral Milk Hotel on the 14th so excited.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very much depends on what you mean by depressing. Do you mean that listening to it depresses me? Or the message that is being conveyed is depressing in nature?

"Animals" by Pink Floyd is one of my favorite albums and it conveys a very depressing critique of society as a whole. But listening to it does not depress me.
Lurker
0 likes
Mirrors from Blue Oyster Cult has both ups and downs
Lurker
0 likes
Disintegration The Cure heart
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Very much depends on what you mean by depressing. Do you mean that listening to it depresses me? Or the message that is being conveyed is depressing in nature?

"Animals" by Pink Floyd is one of my favorite albums and it conveys a very depressing critique of society as a whole. But listening to it does not depress me.

The Wall is even more depressing to me, especially the first half of the second record. Wish You Were Here also has a depressing vibe.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

The Wall is even more depressing to me, especially the first half of the second record. Wish You Were Here also has a depressing vibe.

So is the Final Cut. I see a pattern developing here!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Call me crazy, but as much as I'm a huge fan of Pink Floyd, I haven't heard their last 3 records. I'll take your word for it though.
Lurker
0 likes
I have to echo Pink Floyd's final cut. It's very depressing on so many levels. From the message it conveys through to the fact that it broke the band. Conversely, I also love it for the sheer rage that Roger Waters conveys on that album.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lonely People of the World Unite! by Devin Davis.
The Turtle and the Flightless Bird is an excellent tragic love song
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Going back some but I have always thought that "Bridge over Trouble Water" album by Simon and Garfunkel was depressing with the exception of the somewhat upbeat "Cecilia".......
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Leonard Cohen-So Long Marianne
Lurker
0 likes
History (Disc 2) - Michael Jackson
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by splodger

Totally with you on that one. I do think the best depressing music is also beautiful. My favourite is Elliot Smith "Either/or"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by splodger

Totally with you on that one. I do think the best depressing music is also beautiful. My favourite is Elliot Smith "Either/or"
Lurker
0 likes
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Lurker
0 likes
Patsy Cline songs esp if I am super heartbroken I can't listen to them then..

Edith Piaf maybe..

I know my answer are way different than everyone elses..lol..

I love to feel heartbreak because it makes me appreciate happiness more...( I don't at the time happening.)
Lurker
0 likes
a perfect circles albam the 13th step
Lurker
0 likes
Smith's Meat is Murder
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not sure what my favorite sad/depressing album is. I try to listen to music that counteracts my sadness. I can tell you the most depressing song I have ever heard, it's called The Christmas Shoes. It's so sad it always makes me cry when I hear it this time of year so I've grown accustom to violently turning off the radio when it comes on.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

The only Pink Floyd album I can listen to is Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and that is one of my favourite albums ever, Syd Barrett was amazing.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by NickiC
Smith's Meat is Murder

I agree, great album too, are you vegetarian?