Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Television and movie original soundtracks.

last reply
58 replies
4.7k views
1 watcher
1 like
Mana wahine
0 likes
Soundtracks and backing music can be used in movies and TV shows to convery extra emotion, set the scene, add suspense and drama, etc. What is your favourite TV or movie original soundtrack? Why did it stand out to you?

A few years ago, I went on a binge of watching historical and period dramas, and I have to say, despite the historical inaccuracies of The Tudors on ShowTime, it had a fucking solid soundtrack., especially the fourth and final season, my two favourite pieces of music from that season being 'the execution ballet' and 'Anne Askew is examined' (grim, I know, but it's Henry VIII)

Post yours below.

The Linebacker
0 likes
I very much enjoyed The Tutors. An excellent solid cast, and quality writing, and great sets. My wife and l semi-binged it a few years back.

But l think historically, we should change their name to The Tooters, especially Henry VIII since he was an asshole.
Lurker
0 likes
The Song Remains The Same _ Led Zeppelin
0 likes
The John Williams Star Wars scores come first to mind for me. They nail the mood time and again, even in the less well-regarded movies of the series (*cough* Attack of the Clones *cough*). The Empire Strikes Back was one of my favorite albums in my old vinyl collection and was hugely influential on the subsequent movies.
0 likes
On of my favorites pieces from the Star Wars films:

Lurker
0 likes
I love the movie soundtrack to The Second Best Marigold Hotel.
Trust people to be themselves...
0 likes
Prison Break's background music was exceptional. The composer is the main one for Westworld and was on Game of Thrones.

Days of Our Lives in the 80's(especially from 1983) had a pretty cool soundtrack too. It helped to set the new action-adventure tone the show took for that decade. Marty Davich's work was brilliant.

In terms of movies, 28 Days Later, Kick-Ass and the Nolan Batman Trilogy were pretty good.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

Mana wahine
0 likes
Thomas Newman is one of my favourite movie composers. He did the soundtrack for Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Finding Nemo, and more recently 1917.

0 likes
Edited to add, DOH!. Just noticed the word "Original". I'll let what I've contributed stand, though. Hope that's okay.

Great thread, Laura.

We watched Channel Four's The End of F**cking World on Netflix the other week. Amazing how tying songs in with this visual and emotional treat can make you sit up and consider stuff you'd never previously allowed ear-time.

The person responsible for the music has dipped deep into the dressing up box of sixty years of pop to adorn the shows.

0 likes
For those who don't know the show, here is the trailer. The series is far better than this might lead you to believe, though.

0 likes
Mind you, Grahame Coxon did do a number of original tracks for the series. SO, I'm okay posting in your thread, Laura. Here's Grahame talking about his work on the series.

Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
The John Williams Star Wars scores come first to mind for me. They nail the mood time and again, even in the less well-regarded movies of the series (*cough* Attack of the Clones *cough*).

John Williams is another one of my favourite movie composers. The soundtrack to the first Jurassic Park movie conveys the wonder of seeing the dinosaurs for the first time brilliantly. However, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the second JP film. It has a darker tone to it, the wonder and excitement is gone, and in it's place is the reality of dinosaurs and humans being on dinosaur murder island. The soundtrack to the second film is better than the first. Again, it conveys brilliantly the change in tone from wonder to dark/sarcastic/doom.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I like Morricone's Citta Violenta:

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by laura

John Williams is another one of my favourite movie composers. The soundtrack to the first Jurassic Park movie conveys the wonder of seeing the dinosaurs for the first time brilliantly. However, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the second JP film. It has a darker tone to it, the wonder and excitement is gone, and in it's place is the reality of dinosaurs and humans being on dinosaur murder island. The soundtrack to the second film is better than the first. Again, it conveys brilliantly the change in tone from wonder to dark/sarcastic/doom.

If you go on Youtube and look up Deutsche Grammophon (huge German record label that specializes in classical music), they have a whole bunch of videos from a concert they released on DVD not long ago featuring Williams himself conducting the Vienna Philharmonic in an all-Williams concert. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, and more from the master himself.

Damn, I hope I look that good at 88.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The theme from Exodus.
0 likes
Lord of the Rings trilogy. If my menory serves me right, this track comes at the end of The Two Towers.

We went to see Emiliana Torrini (the singer below) in a small venue in Manchester. She did an acoustic set, quite intimate, to a small audience.

This track is awash with existential despair and regret

Mana wahine
0 likes

A brilliant soundtrack, and a brilliant movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This movie I think helped to change the U.S. for the better and Ray Charles raw delivery set the scene for the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scj4jJA8A0s

Rod Steiger ''What's your job Virgil.

Sidney Poitier I'm a homicide detective.''
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am a man-child and I enjoy the music from Star Vs. the Forces of Evil a hole heck of a lot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

After watching the 3 Colours trilogy, can never go past the haunting Zbigniew Preisner music in another Krzysztof Kieslowski movie Double Life of Veronique.

Our Stories Hellcat - OUR LATEST TALE
Lovers-Tryst
Tantalizing-Pleasures
Taken
Craving-him
A-Naughty-Christmas
Always Yours Eye-am-yours
Stories of Lana and Evan Cornucopia, Morning Delights, Tropical Escape
Oceans of-Love, Visions of You, Dream a Little Dream, That Attraction
RR - Sci Fi - The Thief and The Stolen Heart

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I liked the music in Suspiria (2018).
Lurker
0 likes
I enjoy classic rock and will watch Forrest Gump sometimes, just for the music.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

From a film called A Summer Story. There are spoilers in this clip for anyone who hasn't seen it, so do not view past the 3 minute mark. Recommended viewing since this is actually a very good film. To set this scene up: While traveling across the countryside, a young college student meets and falls in love with a young farm woman. Before leaving for his destination, he promises to come back for her to take her away to a new life. When his return is delayed, he sends a asking her to wait.

But the additional time away, plus a series of circumstances, causes doubt to creep into his thoughts. What he doesn't know is that the young woman decided not to wait and has come looking for him. He spots her (she doesn't see him) and this is where the clip starts as he follows her from a distance, contemplating his next move.