Login

Superman Premiered 40 Years Ago Today

last reply
15 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
And the superhero movie genre got off to a flying start! *hehe*
Why does Superman wear tube socks and no shoes? Why is his underwear on top of his tights, and why not wear trousers? I shouldn't even mention the cape.
Quote by Buz
Why does Superman wear tube socks and no shoes? Why is his underwear on top of his tights, and why not wear trousers? I shouldn't even mention the cape.
All questions that defied even Descartes.
The cape is purely because it added volume and looked good in comics. In reality, it's a silly useless fashion accessory. But hey... so is the necktie.

I think superman is the most boring super hero ever created. He should have stayed dead back in 1995.

You are wrong - I was watching Superman films in the Uk in the 1950s
Quote by tightanallover
I'm talking about the first real Superman movie.
Quote by tightanallover
Quote by tightanallover
Quote by tightanallover

You also obviously forgot your Alzheimer's meds....
Quote by DamonX
The cape is purely because it added volume and looked good in comics. In reality, it's a silly useless fashion accessory. But hey... so is the necktie.

I think superman is the most boring super hero ever created. He should have stayed dead back in 1995.

I agree about the necktie, but l still have to wear one to work. My wife usually buys them for me.

As a kid, l did like Superman comics, Batman and Spiderman too. I'd actually read about any comics someone gave me. Being dyslexic, the illustrations helped me make sense of what l was reading.
Of course Superman first appeared when he was drawn by Canadian born Joe Shuster in 1936.
You do know that Superman, the defender of Truth, Justice and the American Way, somehow managed NOT TO SERVE on active duty in World War II, Korea, Vietnam.... (On the flip side, if he had, maybe we could of saved untold countless deaths and prevented untold widespread destruction?) Maybe he knew that the American Way isn't being at war year after year. Just a thought....
Meagan