Rest in Peace Prince

last reply
54 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
It's just been announced that Prince died suddenly at Paisley Park, aged 57 today.

The world is losing an awful lot of unique and talented people at the moment, and my formative years would not have been at all the same without 1999.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A day filled with Purple Rain....... RIP Prince Rogers Nelson, Prince or The artist formerly known as Prince.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
This saddens me. I loved prince when I was a kid. I loved His Purple Rain movie. How odd his long time girlfriend vanity just passed away recently too.

I still listen to his music. What a sad day.

Rest in peace, Prince.

2016 has claimed so many stars. Terrible loss.

Xo
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Doves are crying. A uniquely talented and brilliant man, and another treasure lost far too soon. RIP [-o<
Lurker
0 likes
Omg. He was a genius! RIP and love you forever, Prince.

0 likes
Holy crap! Prince? This is turning into a bad year for music icons and a good one for the big band in the sky.

I wasn't overly fond of the man when he first appeared but as time wore on and I heard more and more of his music, I developed a strong appreciation for his writing. "Purple Rain", "Kiss", "Manic Monday", "Nothing Compares 2 U", "1999" ... Man, the list could on for a long time, couldn't it?

RIP
Lurker
0 likes
The new intake for somewhere in the afterlife will certainly have a good soundtrack this year won't it?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Major bummer.

I somewhat admired that he forbid any of his music or any videos he had control over from being shown or displayed on Youtube, which always made finding one of him performing, a special treat.

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to Tom Petty tunes and found this gem. Prince has a solo towards the end which leaves me in wonder at his mastery.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Nope. Not gonna believe it. He's immortal. He can't die.

I'm not gonna believe he's dead until he says so himself.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Major bummer.

I somewhat admired that he forbid any of his music or any videos he had control over from being shown or displayed on Youtube, which always made finding one of him performing, a special treat.

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to Tom Petty tunes and found this gem. Prince has a solo towards the end which leaves me in wonder at his mastery.

Thank you for posting this.
Lurker
0 likes
Oh My Fucking God!

Jesus! In 2016 they're dying like MAYFLIES!!!

I guess this happens as you get older, (EVERYBODY DIES!!!) but too many fucking ICONS this year???

"God, if you're listening? PAUSE ON THE FUCKING DEATH THING!!!"

xx SF

(Travelling through HEATHROW yesterday I saw on the TV that VICTORIA WOOD had died...)
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i'm utterly heartbroken. this is THE shittiest fucking year. 2016: the year the music died.

???

Say. Her. Name.

Matriarch
0 likes
He was one of my favourite creative artists of all time.

Rest in Peace Prince.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Major bummer.

This is brilliant. Thanks for posting...
0 likes
I loved Prince. He was off my radar until a few years ago when Dave Chappelle did a "True Hollywood Story" narrated by Charlie Murphy (involving basketball and pancakes). I just loved it. So did Prince, which made me like him all the more.

There are youtube videos of it, but they're all amateur videos of someone's TV.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Total tragedy. He was way too young. I still can't believe it's true.
Lurker
0 likes
I had the pleasure of meeting this fine gentleman. What a loss has befallen the world of us mortals. To many tickets have been punched recently, but their gifts remain in their songs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Major bummer.

I cant say I was really a big fan of Prince's music but I always thought he was an incredibly talented performer. He is so well known for being a flamboyant showman but what is really overlooked is that he was an excellent guitarist. I am glad you posted this video because it shows his true guitar talent.

I guess It should come as no surprise that he idolized Jimi Hendrix!!

R.I.P.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
If anyone's at home or somewhere that you can watch TV, in lieu of regularly scheduled programming, MTV is currently playing Prince's music videos.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

The Linebacker
0 likes
Prince will always be a Rock Legend! He was a music icon. A brilliant and hugely talented man with an outstanding reputation in the music industry as a consummate professional.

I can still remember being a little kid and my parents having me dance to the music videos on MTV for their entertainment. Of course, Prince was one of the elite at that time. He never stopped being a superstar.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
I love this song. So Sexy. Prince always did the sexy songs....xo

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
My heart just broke. not sure it will ever be the same. thank you for so many precious memories. Go with God.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He was a true great. A creative powerhouse. My teenage years would have been a lot less memorable without him. He will be missed always.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I love this one too....I'm so upset....xo

Prolific Writer
0 likes
I wanna be your lover....xo