Rest in Peace: James Bond actor Sir Sean Connery dies aged 90

last reply
24 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep, while in the Bahamas, having been "unwell for some time", his son said.

His acting career spanned five decades and he won an Oscar in 1988 for his role in The Untouchables.

Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Highlander, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

Jason Connery said his father "had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him" when he died overnight in Nassau.

He said: "We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time.

"A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
The Man Who Would Be King and Robin and Marian.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
The Man Who Would Be King and Robin and Marian.

Two that didn't make my list. Oddly, I have not seen the latter. Not sure why. Loved Man, though. I think it slipped my mind because it's more of a buddy picture with Michael Caine so Connery doesn't stand out as much as in the Bond films or some of his later roles.
Lurker
0 likes
IMO, the only James Bond, and his comedic work in Indiana Jones was pure genius.......
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Of course... it would be 2020 when our greatest hero dies. :-(
0 likes
Quote by hidden_agenda73
IMO, the only James Bond, and his comedic work in Indiana Jones was pure genius.......

As soon as I heard Sean was playing Jones, Sr., I was like "Hell, yes!" The thought of Sean Connery and Harrison Ford working together was just music to my ears and Connery did not disappoint.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, Bond, Jones, Capt. Ramius, and his role in The Highlander, among many others. Sir Sean will be missed!

I’ve been in awe of all the story competitions and the amazing writers, so I gave it my best shot for “Spring Forward.” I’d be honored if you would stop by and read it.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/the-rendezvous-1

0 likes
My best friend and I were doing impressions of him only last month. Also we discussed how League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was his last film.

R.I.P good sir.

My last published story: Good For Nothing

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Watching James Bond movies with my dad and laughing for about an hour with my friends, stoned, with "you'rrre the mahn now dawg!" on repeat are some of my fondest memories.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Sir Connery, Will be so badly missed by quite a few people that love watching all his great movies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
R.I.P. Mr. Connery! Your swag, and your ever-powerful eyes would be missed deeply!
Mana wahine
0 likes
The best Bond. RIP.
Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes
My once and future king ?

Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
0 likes
Quote by CarltonStJames
Also we discussed how League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was his last film.

Yeah, probably not the note he wanted to go out on. I understand, though, that that experience was part of why he retired (mostly, he did do some voiceover work including voicing Bond in a videogame based on From Russia With Love).
0 likes
I watched him for the hundredth time in Indiana Jones last weekend. He was so funny and made it my favourite film out of them all, so entertaining.
Simple Scribbler
0 likes
Awww, so sad! I loved all his work!
Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
The quintessential Bond. No other comes close. Love all his work. You will be missed.

R.I.P
Sir Thomas Sean Connery

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CarltonStJames
My best friend and I were doing impressions of him only last month. Also we discussed how League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was his last film.

R.I.P good sir.

Actually, 'The League of Extraordinary Gentleman' was his last appearance in a movie. He did a voice-over for the animated movie 'Sir Billi' in 2012.
Site administrator
0 likes
What a shame. Loved all the Bond movies and in my view he was the best in that role.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Grey
R.I.P. Mr. Connery! Your swag, and your ever-powerful eyes would be missed deeply!

Actually, I'd like to take this back. Came to know that he's a women beater, an abuser in real life.

There's no rest for the wicked!!
0 likes
I know who he is but I know I haven't watched any of his films.

He had such a soothing voice though.