Rest In Peace - Alan Rickman

last reply
18 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Actor Alan Rickman has died at the age of 69.

The star was suffering from cancer, his family said. His agent confirmed the news to BBC News.
He was known by film fans for roles including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films, Hans Gruber in Die Hard, and the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Source: BBC News
Classified
0 likes
Great voice too.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He became my celeb crush after seeing him in Rasputin. He was so sexy in that movie, more sexy then the real Rasputin. My heart is now heavy knowing of his passing. First Bowie now Rickman. Gosh I will leave this scene for you wonderful people from Rasputin.

Matriarch
0 likes
I was just about to post this.

He was a quite brilliant actor.

Outside of treading the boards, he established himself as one of our greatest movie actors of all time too.

"Truly, Madly, Deeply", is one of my all time favourite movies. His performance as the Sheriff of Nottingham, made Kevin Costner look like a drama student, opposite. I remember it making me cringe, the difference in talent.

And his voice... oh what a voice...

R.I.P. Alan Rickman.
Lurker
0 likes
All the headlines I see list him as being from "Potter", which I have never seen nor read. Saw the face, & my first thought was "Dogma". Looked him up on IMDB, & I remember that "Pretty Women" from "Sweeney" in my head in his voice. (I remember a ton of lyrics, but rarely the voices.)
Sophisticate
0 likes
What a wonderful actor. He could display so much without uttering a word as in "Sense and Sensibility". And then there were performances like the one Nicola mentioned in "Robin Hood". No one could sneer better.

And that voice! I read in The Guardian that Lindsay Duncan, who starred with him in Les Liaisons Dangereuses on stage and for which he was nominated for a Tony, said of her co-star’s sonorous performance that audiences would leave the theatre wanting to have sex “and preferably with Alan Rickman”. She was right about its impact. It certainly worked for me.

If you have not seen it, he and Emma Thompson play former lovers meeting in "The Song of Lunch". He also narrates the story. It is Rickman at his sardonic best.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Dogma and Galaxy quest are two favorites of mine - damn. cancer sucks. sad

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
A truly wonderful actor. I was lucky enough to see him on stage in 1985 at The Other Place in Stratford upon Avon in Christopher Hampton's adaptation of Les Liaisons DangereusesDangeereuses with Lindsay Duncan as the Marquise de Merteuil, and Juliet Stevenson as Madame de Tourvel.
Lurker
0 likes
What a loss!!! (GUTTED!!!)

My favourite role of his is in the oft-derided 'Love Actually' where he plays a married man contemplating an affair. He, (and Emma Thompson) are the best things about that movie...)

Met him just once, on the street. I was with my seven year old nephew. He stopped, chatted, did an impression of Severus Snape for my AMAZED nephew and signed an autograph.

Top thesbian.

xx SF

If anyone is on speaking-terms with GOD can they ask him to SLOW DOWN on the people we love dying for a fucking while...
0 likes
He was a rarity in modern Hollywood: an actor who actually knew how to act. Brilliant performer and, as others have said, a magnificent voice. I've only seen him on screen but I envy those like KnightofLove who got to see him on stage.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just watched "Love Actually" for Christmas, and love "Galaxy Quest"
Lurker
0 likes
Dear Cancer....

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I was just a kid when I first saw him in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, and his performance was simply delightful. I've loved him in every role, especially Snively Snape. His voice and delivery... incomparable!
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I was just a kid when I first saw him in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, and his performance was simply delightful. I've loved him in every role, especially Snively Snape. His voice and delivery... incomparable!

He was great in Robin Hood. I loved it when he told the the girl to meet him at 10:00 (thereabouts) and bring a friend. I wonder how many people caught that short but very humorous moment in the movie.

Rickman was great at playing bad guys. Most actors that are great at playing bad guys turn out to have great senses of humor and be bery popular with their fellow actors.

Alan Rickman was also a great classical stage actor, just an awesome acting talent all the way around, very special. He will be greatly missed.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
"You have your Mother's eyes" in Harry Potter made tears well up. And I flat out weep whenever I see Truly Madly Deeply. What a great actor.

He was the only good thing in that Robin Hood movie, and in Love Actually too (yeah I know everyone loves that movie).

And every Christmas, I imitate him in Diehard--"Now I have a machine gun. Ho. Ho. Ho."--until my kids are sick of it. But the angry deadpan of his delivery of that line is so perfect.

There is a Australian western called Quigley Down Under that I haven't hear anyone mention, but he is quite good in that too.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Dogma and Galaxy quest are two favorites of mine - damn. cancer sucks. sad

I actually started a thread around same time as Liz did...I asked her to remove it as we only need one thread about these things but I too mentioned his role in Dogma...it was awsome..I LOVE that film.

seriously...I LOVED Alan Rickman..totally class Brit actor and he was a huge Texas fan...my tribute to Professor Snape.

R.I.P Alan

The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by TheBigLebowski
Just watched "Love Actually" for Christmas, and love "Galaxy Quest"

wow... the Dude is on lush... *swoons*

My wife loves Love Actually, it's kind of a must see every Christmas time. i might be fond of it too - shush - don't tell her i admitted that

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Rest in Peace Alan Rickman

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This is from one of my favorite comic strips. I think they did a lovely job.