Man of Steel

last reply
24 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
or Superman, as i've been calling it. it's getting ok reviews, but not great. saw it today. wow. not sure what movie the critics saw. it was immersive from the beginning. not once was i pulled out of it. not a cartoony, movie, btw, there wasn't a lot of the humor that the marvel movies have, a few smiles or chuckles, but no "jokes" it's dark and scary and very intensely real; think the dark knight movies with Superman instead of Batman. Henry Cavell, btw, makes you BELIEVE that he's a god, and that is really the premise of the movie - a 'man' so powerful who walks among us that he is god-like. btw, when i mentioned it's scary, take that to heart - if anyone has problems with 9-11 still (and i know some of you do) think twice about seeing this; when gods do battle, Metropolis (DC's version of NYC) suffers and it's not sugar coated. i thought the cast was great, and they took the movie in some very unexpected directions.

sprite's two word review: Holy Fuck. (slightly longer review: better than Star Trek, which i loved)

go see it. it's a thinker as much as an action movie - trust me, if you're fan of superman, you'll have a lot to think about after it's over. ethics and morality and free choice are put to the test over and over - you're never hit over the head with them, but they are very much a part of the movie.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
The universe doesn't want me to see this movie. I'm convinced. Was supposed to see it at midnight opening night with my dad, that fell through. Was gonna go see it on Father's Day with my aforementioned dad, I became violently ill. Supposed to be going to see it on Wednesday. Let's keep fingers crossed that I don't get hit by a train or something.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
The universe doesn't want me to see this movie. I'm convinced. Was supposed to see it at midnight opening night with my dad, that fell through. Was gonna go see it on Father's Day with my aforementioned dad, I became violently ill. Supposed to be going to see it on Wednesday. Let's keep fingers crossed that I don't get hit by a train or something.

may i suggest staying clear of Train Tracks, then? smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Hee Hee, sorry sprite xxx

i know where you live. Scotland is not so big that i can't find you and do very bad things to you. oh, yes, you shall suffer greatly.

Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i know where you live. Scotland is not so big that i can't find you and do very bad things to you. oh, yes, you shall suffer greatly.

Pming my address now.. I'll have your room ready, honey! rrrrrr
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Pming my address now.. I'll have your room ready, honey! rrrrrr

i don't think you're taking my threats very seriously. i should warn you, i have glitter!

Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i don't think you're taking my threats very seriously. i should warn you, i have glitter!

Bring it
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

hah. That's funny because I almost feel the same way. I was going to see it along with my dad as a father's day thing before he left town. Then the mom-unit gets into a car accident.

Then all of my trusted friends have been less than impressed.

I've heard MoS is at the extreme of reviews. You'll either really like it or really hate it. I'll see it though. Can't help myself with comic book movies. I'll even watch the terrible ones.

Except the Joel Schumacher ones. Never again.
0 likes
Remember what I said about the universe not wanting me to see it? In a last ditch effort to stop me, I banged the everliving fuck out of my head on the car door getting into the car to drive to the theater. As clumsy as I am, I have NEVER done that before. What the fuck universe?The shit throbbed throughout the ENTIRE movie. But I saw it. In 3D. And it was well worth the near concussion. My goodness. It was amazing. I agree with Sprite...I don't know what the critics saw, because all I saw was greatness. They did such a good job covering all the bases and his development...and gosh. It was just so good.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Finally saw it.

Outside of Shannon, Crowe, and a LexCorp Tanker, it was a massive bummer.

The plot had more holes than a cheese grater. 5 minutes into the fight in Metropolis, I was praying the movie to just end.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I haven't seen it yet. I usually try my best to see well done super special effects epics at the theater on the big screen. So maybe next weekend since I'll have a couple of extra days off for the holiday.

PS. I like to sneak a few cold beers into the theater but that's harder to do during the summer, no jackets to hide them under. And hot humid summer last 7 to 8 months here.
0 likes
Quote by Buz
PS. I like to sneak a few cold beers into the theater but that's harder to do during the summer, no jackets to hide them under. And hot humid summer last 7 to 8 months here.

Borrow one of your wife's purses and DARE someone to judge you.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
I thought it was okay. I always thought superman was a dork ass character though so I may be biased. It was better than I expected though.

My favorite part was the bad guy's girlfriend or whatever she was. She stole all of her scenes and seemed more menacing than the main bad guy. I liked how they didn't make superman a 100% goodie goodie tool like in other versions too. I liked that they showed more of krypton too but some parts of that were a little goofy.

What I didn't like was some of the goofiness like his superman outfit appearing on some ship that crash landed thousands of years ago. Pretty big coincidence, to the point of being stupid. I also think it's strange how the amount of destruction to the city superman does is never addressed. I mean he fucks everything up without thinking. Like instead of trying to lure the bad guy away to the water or something he fucking throws him through a building with people in it... wtf.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do critics actually go and see kids movies where some guy wears a cloak and his underpants outside his tights?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Saw it the other night, thought it was pretty good.
Had scenes in it that I just couldn't shake the feeling were blatant rips off's of The Matrix and Avatar - WTF!
Also, anyone else notice how much those 'prison pods' at the start of the movie look like dildos?
We did and so did about twenty other girls in the cinema!

Bit blurry but:

Lurker
0 likes
Saw it a month ago and saw it again last week. I loved this movie from start to finish. It portrays Superman how he'd probably be in the real world and that's the best thing about it. I love this film and can't wait 'till it comes out on DVD.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Kal-El85
I love this film and can't wait 'till it comes out on DVD.

I can wait - for it to come out on DVD and then like 3 minutes later - appears listed on Kickass torrents - FTW
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i liked how they kept his childhood friends in the movie, but unless its an animated movie i cant get into liking
a live action superman movie. if anyone has seen the animated movies that have come out in the last years you would understand why. superman gets to go all out and his darker side gets shown. just like how man of steel ended. that last fight was real amazing but the story was so "meh". one of the things they do with superman is let him get fucked up to show just how strong and dangerous his opponent is. but superman knows he can end it in just one punch its just that if he does that half the city gets destroyed by the impact lol.
Lurker
0 likes
If you remember a few years back. Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins was not that entertaining, but the following The Dark Knight was a classic. I have a feeling a Man of Steel sequel would be phenomenal. Man of Steel was more of an introduction of Superman.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
NICE MOVIE... I WATCHED IT IN 3D
ADD ME IN SKYPE SHANE_XXX21
Lurker
0 likes
Not a fan of DC comics/ movies, I think Marvel is far superior but, then again i used to collect Marvel comics so i can relate better. I'm familiar with the charcters befroe the movies started coming out. Can't wait till the next Avengers movie comes out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I will get around to seeing that movie, I figure it will be spur of the moment. Every time I make specific plans such as this, something always crops up!
Lurker
0 likes
Personally I prefer the Marvel movies. it seems that DC are obsessed with making their superheroes dark and moody, I mean Superman? Man of Steel? Dark, sombre. Dark Knight? Dark, sombre. give me Thor, Iron Man and Avengers any day please. Make me laugh and gasp......like sex really