0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
What were they, and why?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Hits:

Daniel Day Lewis's acceptance speech was a hit. i expected him to get up and be all serious and do the typical read from a list and thank everyone he worked with. instead, he gave a warm, funny, sincere, and heartfelt speech. it made me totally forgive him for beating Bradly Cooper (and really, he was amazing as Lincoln. he deserved it!.

Another hit, Ben Afflecks speech - just beautiful and full of emotion. and i'm so happy they found a way to award him for directing an amazing film, even if it wasn't for directing.

the cast of Les Mis performance was beautiful

misses:

Seth MacFarlane as host fell kind of flat, to be honest. i did like his sock puppet version of Flight, though.

there was a LOT of musical numbers! after a while it was like, is this the oscars or the grammies?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Biggest hits in my book. Jennifer Lawrence for Best Actress in a leading role. Great character, great movie and fantastic to see her rewarded for that role. Also Anne Hathaway for Supporting Actress for her role in Les Mis.

I loved the speech by Ang Lee director of Life of Pi. That was an awesome moment as well.

As for flops. Christoph Waltz.... REALLY? That should have been Tommy Lee Jones all the way. The speech by Quentin Tarantino was just the most self aggrandizing I have heard in a while.

But the thing that pained me the most was the beginning. The whole bit with William Shatner and Seth MacFarlane call me crazy and old fashioned if you must but to say that a show sucked before it even really got started... that seemed to me to put a damper on the whole evening.
If you have read 50 Shades of Gray and think that you are ready to be a dom or a sub. Then you have a lot to learn.

Follow my slave's blog slave skye's real life blog if we can get 100 followers she is going to start posting pictures!!! I know there are at least 100 of you that want to see that click the link enter your email and follow. We hit 100 then she has said she will post a picture of herself.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ProfessionalMaster
Biggest hits in my book. Jennifer Lawrence for Best Actress in a leading role. Great character, great movie and fantastic to see her rewarded for that role. Also Anne Hathaway for Supporting Actress for her role in Les Mis.

I loved the speech by Ang Lee director of Life of Pi. That was an awesome moment as well.

As for flops. Christoph Waltz.... REALLY? That should have been Tommy Lee Jones all the way. The speech by Quentin Tarantino was just the most self aggrandizing I have heard in a while.

But the thing that pained me the most was the beginning. The whole bit with William Shatner and Seth MacFarlane call me crazy and old fashioned if you must but to say that a show sucked before it even really got started... that seemed to me to put a damper on the whole evening.

i love Christoph Waltz, but i agree with you - Tommy Lee Jones was brilliant. That said, I love Quinny and thought his speech was very him and not at all self aggrandizing, but that's just me. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Miss: Christoph Waltz winning for best supporting actor. He should have won for best actor and Leo DiCaprio should have won for best supporting actor but they didn't even nominate him. That was lame.

Hit:

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Hits:
- Charlize Theron's Hair (you have to look like Charlize to pull this off well, but it was so refreshing). Loved her whole look.
- Naomi Watt's in that dress (bam! Her BFF Nicole Kidman looked great too). Love the metallics.
- The Les Mis ensemble performance (this was the highlight of the night for me).
- Jennifer Lawrence in general (although the dress was too much of a floating meringue, even before she did that face plant).
- Best acceptance speeches go to Ben Affleck, Anne Hathaway, Ang Lee and Daniel Day Lewis.
- Quentin Tarantino - he's just cool.
- The Jaws theme song to warn winners their acceptance speech time was up.
- The mom dates (by Bradley Cooper and Charlize)

Misses:
- Seth Macfarlane - I really wanted to give this a thumbs up. He had a few laughs but thought a lot of it was pretty flat. I don't expect a lot from hosts though.
- Helen Hunt's wrinkly H&M dress (yes, it was affordable, but no, it didn't look awesome)
- Jennifer Aniston - boring hair, boring dress. Never thought I'd say that Valentino was boring.
- Salma Hayek - such a mundane dress. She needs to rock the cleavage. Plus the idea of black velvet and that gold tiara'esque thing - blech.
- Kristen Stewart - please brush your hair. Also - you're too young and rich to act and look this miserable all the time.

On the Fence:
- Anne Hathaway's nipples. I kinda liked this dress for some reason, even though I shouldn't. The darted nipples saved it from being totally boring.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Also - I had to mention - while I hate this shade of yellow, how the hell is Jane Fonda looking this good at 75 yrs old???

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i am in love (not literally) with Jennifer Lawrence. anything she does is awesome. she's just very real - after the awards one of the reporters asked her why she'd tripped and her replay was: did you not see the dress i was wearing?

btw, to add to hits, when she did the face plant, both Hugh Jackman and Bradly Cooper jumped from their seats and helped her up. damn. chivalry is not dead. those are two classy guys. smile

another miss: Melissa McCarthy and Paul Rudd as presenter - their intro went on way too long and it wasn't funny. it totally annoyed me.

another hit: The Avengers presenting (although Scar Jo was notably absent - the one woman in the cast and she wasn't on stage? what's up with that. that said, RDJ and Sam Jackson are made of awesome).

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Also - I had to mention - while I hate this shade of yellow, how the hell is Jane Fonda looking this good at 75 yrs old???

sorry, i loved that color - of course, i tend to go for bright things normally. it's just FUN! and yeah, she looked great - i hope i look that good at 40! lol.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hits

Daniel Day-Lewis speech-mush lighter than expected
Ben Affleck speech-I really dont like him at all but he was awesome
Tarantino- He is just so real!!
Naomi Watts, Jessica Chastain, Sandra Bullock, Stacy Kiebler dresses
Bradley Cooper- Just for being Bradley Cooper!!

Misses

The William Shatner bit- Kind of lame
Michelle Obama announcing best picture winner- Clever but tacky, maybe I just dont like her
Jennifer Lawrence gown- she is gorgeous! But come on, it wasnt a wedding. From hips up an A+, but the rest an F-, lol
Show was too long as usual. No reason to announce every award on the show. No one really cares who won all but about 10 awards.

As for Seth MacFarlane, he was better than I expected. He had his high points and low points but overall Id say B-. Was much better than Anne Hathaway and James Franco.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Dame Shirley Bassey, hands down gave the best perfromance!!! Such soul and enchantment in her voice. Loved every minute of it.Overall the dresses were flawless and very elegant as compared to the more outragous dresses previously worn to the oscars.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I came out $20 ahead betting on the Oscars. I was damned sure Argo would win Best Picture and Daniel Day Lewis would get the Oscar for playing Lincoln. I went on on a limb on Christopher Waltz though and he paid off. Damn I really like him, he's cool as fuck.

I did like Argo and Django* a lot but my favorite movie this past year was Skyfall.

Do any of y'all like to sneak cold beer into the theater like I do? I get my wife to carry her extra large purse and fill it full of cold beer. If I put too many beers in there though, she makes me carry the purse. That does little for my ultra cool macho image.

*Okay Jack there ya go...Django the D is silent. Silent damnit!

I agree with Magical Felix, that West Coast pothead, that Christopher Waltz probably deserved the overall Best Actor Award, and Leonardo DiCaprio was great as that scummy plantation slave owner. DiCaprio really turned a corner in that movie The Departed. He went from fluffy little pretty boy to a real actor.

I'm still waiting for a serious nomination for Samuel L. Jackson. Jackson continues to crank out some the best acting consistently in all of Hollywood and he just does not get the credit and praise he deserves. What will it take? Will Samuel L. Jackson have to whip Speilberg's ass on the stage at the Oscar ceremony or something. That would sure improve their TV ratings!

Oh, I almost forgot. Quentin Tarantino was drunk. I would have laughed my ass off if he'd have puked on the stage. You go Quentin you crazy talented fuck!
Lurker
0 likes
Hits:
Wins: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lawrence, Daniel Day Lewis, Ang Lee
Speeches: Anne Hathaway, Ben Affleck, Daniel Day Lewis
Performances: Shirley Bassey, Adele, & Jennifer Hudson
Dresses: Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams, Charlize Theron, Stacy Kiebler (wow) Alicia Vikander (classic old Hollywood)
Daniel Day Lewis and Bradley Cooper looked very dashing

Misses:
The orchestra drowned out most of the performances
I was expecting funnier jokes from Seth, but he definitely held his own
Kristen Stewart looked hung over and dirty with that hair of hers (fire stylist stat)
Halle Berry (I'm just over it)
Salma Hayek (not the right dress or hair)
Melissa McCarthy (her stylist did not do her any favors)
Jennifer Aniston (looked old)
Jennifer Garner (the complete look and her clunky shoes which showed her feet, yuck!)
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I thought the whole show was a complete BORE!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Musicals suck ... and the Oscars renditions were horrible.

thank god for Glenlivet!!

The few hits in my opinion:

Shirely Bassey and Adele (god that Jennifer Hudson shrieked ... she aint no singer compared to SB & A ... and Barbra was sadly, a little flat)
Daniel Day-Lewis is one class act.
Loved Quentin Tarantino ... keeping it real .... hehehe

Next year ... get the gals who did the Golden Globes .... Tina & Amy .... THAT would be a hoot!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
For the record, not that i am a huge Kirsten Stewart fan, but in her defense, she showed up on crutches after stepping in glass and cutting the sole of her foot up fairly badly two day prior to the event. one can assume she was either in a great deal of pain, on pain killers, or a combination of both. if you look carefully at her left arm you'll notice a bruise that indicates she likely was the recipient of a tetnus shot recently. smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me the best moment of the Oscars was Dame Shirley Bassey. At 76 years old she looked great and still can sing a mean "Goldfinger"! She's a class act that deserved the standing ovation she received.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cheeseball
For me the best moment of the Oscars was Dame Shirley Bassey. At 76 years old she looked great and still can sing a mean "Goldfinger"! She's a class act that deserved the standing ovation she received.

I could not agree with you more. She can still sing her ass off. Also, it was great to see the Academy acknowledge the Bond Franchise after ignoring it for 50 years.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bring back Billy Crystal.

I wanted to see Les Miserables win more than it did.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MissyLuvsYa
Bring back Billy Crystal.

I wanted to see Les Miserables win more than it did.

my vote is for Tina and Amy, actually. smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seth wasnt too bad although would love to see the girls from golden globes they were a woot.....
total miss was the whole seth and star trek thing...way too long even if it had good parts...well the whole show was way toooo long!!

hits..ben's speech was amazing. and im too young and not a james bond watcher but the lady that sang the song...goldfinger...wow amazing and i googled it and she sounds the same! Samuel jackson and his go with his own beat to clothes and speeches...rocks!

and i sooo am not a twilight fan and kristen stewart looked like she normally does dirty and yucks....but i do give her kudoos for coming injured and obviously in pain. Many others would have just cancelled. She shocked me by being honorable adult and staying committed to her obligations...now if we can just get her a stylist and some clean hair
my newest :)