Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Anyone else excited about the new Great Gatsby movie?

last reply
32 replies
3.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Starring Leo DiCaprio and Carrey Mulligan as Jay and Daisy. Directed by Baz Luhrmann. He directed Romeo + Juliet (also with DiCaprio), Moulin Rouge and Australia. Most people either love or hate his highly energetic, manic and colorful style of telling a story. I find it really entertaining and influential. Romeo + Juliet is one of my favorite movies. He made that classic seem new again and maybe he can pull the same trick with The Great Gatsby. Looks good in the trailers.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
I like the second trailer more.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i'm excitied! i like superhero movies... how come they don't show him in costume tho, or fighting bad guys in the trailers?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i'm excitied! i like superhero movies... how come they don't show him in costume tho, or fighting bad guys in the trailers?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not as excited as I was about Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, LOL!!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Not as excited as I was about Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, LOL!!

I actually watched that... It was so fucking ridiculous that it crossed over into being good. I like when Gretel says "I'm so fucking tired of these hillbillies" like five minutes into the movie. LOL. The the scene where their little fan feels her up when she's asleep made me laugh too. Random shit out of nowhere in that movie.

Disclaimer: I was also high with other high people though.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes, I'm excited - it looks like a great movie. I've always been a fan of Luhrmann, so I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

And Leo looks hot. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I actually watched that... It was so fucking ridiculous that it crossed over into being good. I like when Gretel says "I'm so fucking tired of these hillbillies" like five minutes into the movie. LOL. The the scene where their little fan feels her up when she's asleep made me laugh too. Random shit out of nowhere in that movie.

Disclaimer: I was also high with other high people though.

I love movies that are so bad they are good. We were going to go see it this weekend. But I cant drink or get high until after Lent, maybe I should wait!! LOL

Quote by Dancing_Doll
And Leo looks hot. smile

Leo always looks HOT!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Say it ain't so magic man!

Don't judge me peg leg.

Quote by Nikki703
I love movies that are so bad they are good. We were going to go see it this weekend. But I cant drink or get high until after Lent, maybe I should wait!! LOL

Definitely wait... If I was sober my experience would have been way way way different.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Leo always looks HOT!

Very true. I once got sexually involved with a guy partially because he was a deadringer for Leo. He was such a twisted mind too. My first intro to really intensely kinky sex. Pretty much any movie with Leo is going to hold my attention.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Definitely wait... If I was sober my experience would have been way way way different.

By the time Lent is over, it will be out of theaters and on Netflix, LOL
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

By the time Lent is over, it will be out of theaters and on Netflix, LOL

Even better, you can smoke throughout and laugh obnoxiously at things like Gretel and Hansel being twins yet hansel looks like 15 years older than her
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Very true. I once got sexually involved with a guy partially because he was a deadringer for Leo. He was such a twisted mind too. My first intro to really intensely kinky sex. Pretty much any movie with Leo is going to hold my attention.

Mazztastic
0 likes
I'm more excited about the movie than I was about the book...

Love Baz Luhrman and the cast looks great...
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I'm more excited about the movie than I was about the book...

Love Baz Luhrman and the cast looks great...

The book is an acquired taste... I didn't like it that much when I read it in high school. I read it again as an adult and liked it more. But yeah, I know what you mean.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's one of my favorite books of all time, and I'm super excited about the film. Having said that I'm always a bit skeptical when it comes to adaptations. Every time you read the book, you choose what is important to you, and what speaks to you. When watching an adaptation somebody else's important bits are thrust upon you.

But I have a feeling it will be a great movie, and I think Leo will really shine as Gatsby.
Thank you very much!
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

The book is an acquired taste... I didn't like it that much when I read it in high school. I read it again as an adult and liked it more. But yeah, I know what you mean.

I just reread it last summer. Appreciated much more the second time around. Definitely looking forward to the movie.
Lurker
0 likes
This looks good! I did my English exam on that in school. Hopefully they make a better job of this than I did!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Lord_MaFiJa
It's one of my favorite books of all time, and I'm super excited about the film. Having said that I'm always a bit skeptical when it comes to adaptations. Every time you read the book, you choose what is important to you, and what speaks to you. When watching an adaptation somebody else's important bits are thrust upon you.

But I have a feeling it will be a great movie, and I think Leo will really shine as Gatsby.

That may be the best explanation I have ever heard as to why people usually say "the book was better than the movie". I totally agree. Nicely worded.
Lurker
0 likes
Total honesty: not even a little bit, I actually had no idea it was being made.
Watched the old movie and I've read the book. I didn't like either of them.
As for the director, if he made the Romeo and Juliet where they're all packing guns and have a convertible and make the girl look really dumb I don't intend to see another movie from him lol.
There was no logic to begin with in Romeo and Juliet and his version didn't help it.

Now if it was guillermo del toro directing that'd be another story

I'd pay 5$ to see his version lol, no subtitles though.. Only thing missing from pan's was English. I hate subtitles in movies. I can watch a movie or I can look at the bottom of the screen and read. I can't do both.

At least there's no catcher in the rye movie.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Kitanica

At least there's no catcher in the rye movie.

Tarantino's next project, actually.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Tarantino's next project, actually.

Is that a joke? while I regard that as one of the most overrated/worst books, tarantino could make it bareable provided he changes the whole story and adds in gratuitous violence.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really? Does no one have any original ideas?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Kitanica

As for the director, if he made the Romeo and Juliet where they're all packing guns and have a convertible and make the girl look really dumb I don't intend to see another movie from him lol.

Maybe... But she was really hot. No wonder that fool Romeo died for that bitch.

There was no logic to begin with in Romeo and Juliet and his version didn't help it.

Yes, but they were oppressed horny teenagers told not to do something... There is little logic involved after that. And in reality, teenagers do stupid shit like them all the time.

And dagger 9mms, cowboy boots with clangy heels, and clothing with saints on them are just cool as shit.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by janet_haney
Really? Does no one have any original ideas?

^^^ what an original thing you just said. Thank you. What a breath of fresh air.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yes, but they were oppressed horny teenagers and dagger 9mms, cowboy boots with clangy heels, and clothing with saints on them are just cool as shit.

yep that's exactly why I didn't like it lol.
I didn't get hot from her I got the naive "oh I've known him five minutes- he totally loves me, and we're soulmates"