Actors and Actresses that no matter how good the movie you just say NO

last reply
35 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Kate Hudson-Loved her in Almost Famous and then?
Jen Anniston-Do I need to explain her romcom hell?
Katherine Heigl...In anything

I know there are more...
0 likes
Interesting question. First answer is that I guess there aren't any absolute "will not see" actors for me. I can think of actors and actresses who are the opposite, ie. I won't say "no" no matter how bad the movie (Sean Connery has done some real stinkers but still shone in many of them).

But actors and actresses that I would say "no" to even if the movie was good? Hmmm. I'm not overly fond of Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves but have voluntarily watched movies with them in (though I largely avoid Cruise these days) and do have movies by both on my "to see someday" list (e.g. Mission Impossible series for Cruise, Matrix trilogy for Reeves).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Old films - John Wayne
70's films - Roger Moore
New films - Hugh Grant
All three are so wooden
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Interesting question. First answer is that I guess there aren't any absolute "will not see" actors for me. I can think of actors and actresses who are the opposite, ie. I won't say "no" no matter how bad the movie (Sean Connery has done some real stinkers but still shone in many of them).

But actors and actresses that I would say "no" to even if the movie was good? Hmmm. I'm not overly fond of Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves but have voluntarily watched movies with them in (though I largely avoid Cruise these days) and do have movies by both on my "to see someday" list (e.g. Mission Impossible series for Cruise, Matrix trilogy for Reeves).

I don't do Cruise anymore either. I can't. I just can't.

For some reason I avoid Jake Gyllenhal. I don't know how to spell his name but I don't know, he just leaves me 'meh'.
Lurker
0 likes
Julia Roberts...hands down the most overrated and over hyped actress in history. Unfortunately she tends to work with actors that I enjoy watching but will avoid movies she "stars" in.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nicholas Cage and Ben Stiller
Lurker
0 likes
Adam Sandler... I hate his voice / voices
Lurker
0 likes
Cameron Diaz
Sandra bullock
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nicholas Cage
Vin Diseal
Jennifer Aniston
Drew Barrymore
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Will Farrell and Jim Carrey. If you've seen one Farrell film, you've seen them all. Same with Carrey.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There really is no one I would totally avoid but a few I really don't like are

Tom Cruise
Ben Affleck
J-Lo
John Travolta

But if I heard a movie any of them were in was really good, Id give it a shot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Nikki (I may not totally avoid, but I don't rush to see them)

Tom Cruise
Adam Sandler (his comedies irritate me with the same voice he uses)
Kevin Costner
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That's an easy one Russel Crowe
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Angleheart has nailed all the actors I can't stand.spRfs2tjrE1M7SpZ
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Directors make the film what it is, not the actor or actress.

They will bring out the best and worst in an actor/actress.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Ryan Reynolds. . .ugh. . .he just sucks.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by paul_moadib
Directors make the film what it is, not the actor or actress.

They will bring out the best and worst in an actor/actress.

Sort of true but not all the way. Some people just grate on you no matter what. For my mother it is Chevy Chase and Dudley Moore. Sometimes it is the voice or sometimes it is just their acting style. Or if they keep choosing lousy projects sooner or later they lose their fans.
Lurker
0 likes
Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, and Robin Williams because I don't think their brand of humor is funny.

Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe, Nicolas Cage, Keanu Reeves, and Nick Nolte because most of the time, they just whisper throughout the entire film. That's not to say they haven't each been in some fine films. But, IMO, the films would have been just as good or better without these overpaid mumblers.

But, that's Hollywood.
Lurker
0 likes
Angelina Jolie
Jim Carrey
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
To name a few:

Hugh Grant
Jennifer Aniston
Will Farrell
J-Lo
Charlie Sheen
Sarah Jessica Parker
Nicole Kidman
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Katherine Heigl & Ben Stiller

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
jon voight:he should return his oscasr
kristen Stewart:fead fish
tom cruise do i have to say it
ben affleck:needs acting classes
jessica biel :cute butt n no skills
jessica albasillyretty girl....thats all
ryan Reynolds:SHUT UP!!!
Russell Brand:you are not funny!!!
kate Hudson:almost famouse should be her biography
Jennifer garner:dead fish
cameron diaz:all body no acting
Katherine heigl:she auto destruct her career
Jennifer Aniston:RACHEL !!! in all her roles
Jennifer lopez :how the fuck did she made it???
Drew Barrymore :charlies angel nuff said
Keanu Reeves:dead fish
John Travolta: old dogs!!!
Nicolas Cage:zzzz
Vin Diseal:will do fast and the furious films till he dies
Julia Roberts:eat love pary
Jack black :shut up!!!
John Cusack :dead fish
tommy wiseau: if u dont know him u r lucky
Channing Tatum :walking chunk of meat
Ashton Kutcher :just himself
Lurker
0 likes
jon voight:he should return his oscasr
kristen Stewart:fead fish
tom cruise do i have to say it
ben affleck:needs acting classes
jessica biel :cute butt n no skills
jessica albasillyretty girl....thats all
ryan Reynolds:SHUT UP!!!
Russell Brand:you are not funny!!!
kate Hudson:almost famouse should be her biography
Jennifer garner:dead fish
cameron diaz:all body no acting
Katherine heigl:she auto destruct her career
Jennifer Aniston:RACHEL !!! in all her roles
Jennifer lopez :how the fuck did she made it???
Drew Barrymore :charlies angel nuff said
Keanu Reeves:dead fish
John Travolta: old dogs!!!
Nicolas Cage:zzzz
Vin Diseal:will do fast and the furious films till he dies
Julia Roberts:eat love pary
Jack black :shut up!!!
John Cusack :dead fish
tommy wiseau: if u dont know him u r lucky
Channing Tatum :walking chunk of meat
Ashton Kutcher :just himself
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NickiC

Sort of true but not all the way. Some people just grate on you no matter what. For my mother it is Chevy Chase and Dudley Moore. Sometimes it is the voice or sometimes it is just their acting style. Or if they keep choosing lousy projects sooner or later they lose their fans.

Yes you are right. I was 50% off topic. There are actors who for some reason annoy viewers. A friend of mine could never watch any De Niro movies. I think my point was that, no matter how bad the actor is perceived to be, when placed with the right role, screenplay, director, could pull off a good performance.

If I'm on topic, I guess my choice would be Jason Statham. He's the only performer that will make me not want to watch the film. There are some others but in most cases they have made a movie I didn't mind, eg:

Keanu Reeves: LIKE Bill & Ted HATE Point Break
Steven Seagal: LIKE Marked for Death HATE everything else
Adam Sandler: LOVE Happy Gilmore HATE everything else

Curious how many of the answers on this thread revolve around comedy actors and romcoms. I think it does back up a bit my suggestion about direction. Many films in these genres are directed by "2nd unit" directors.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Tom Cruise. I swear, if I can help it at all, I'll never pay money to see one of his flicks ever again. Anything by Tyler Perry and with Oprah Winfrey in it as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by paul_moadib

Yes you are right. I was 50% off topic. There are actors who for some reason annoy viewers. A friend of mine could never watch any De Niro movies. I think my point was that, no matter how bad the actor is perceived to be, when placed with the right role, screenplay, director, could pull off a good performance.

If I'm on topic, I guess my choice would be Jason Statham. He's the only performer that will make me not want to watch the film. There are some others but in most cases they have made a movie I didn't mind, eg:

Keanu Reeves: LIKE Bill & Ted HATE Point Break
Steven Seagal: LIKE Marked for Death HATE everything else
Adam Sandler: LOVE Happy Gilmore HATE everything else

Curious how many of the answers on this thread revolve around comedy actors and romcoms. I think it does back up a bit my suggestion about direction. Many films in these genres are directed by "2nd unit" directors.

Good point. But Sandler? What happened? Nothing. He grates on my nerves.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Easy Tom Cruise!!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Woody Allen, Daniela Denby-Ashe and Kiera Rubbish Knightly (both gormless, that last two).

Finally, Michael Caine. I will NEVER forgive him for wrecking the Muppets Christmas Carol, and I have to pretend it's the wonderful Albert Finney in "Scrooge" every time I watch it.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
Will Farrell and Jim Carrey. If you've seen one Farrell film, you've seen them all. Same with Carrey.

I agree on Will Ferrell, but check out Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, one of the best movies I have seen, and it has Jim Carrey in it.