What is a cuckold?

last reply
27 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Obviously it is a man whose wife has sex with other men. But is that enough? Is a man cuckold with a wife cheating behind his back, or if they have an open relationship or are swingers.

Must he in addition know and be sexually aroused by her actions?

Must there in addition be a moment of humiliation, of the wife taking negatively about his sexual abilities and denying or restricting his sex with her?

Or must there also be a "bull" in the picture, another man taking control of the wife's sexual life, before you call the husband a cuckold?

I have no problem with understanding the acceptation and even excitement of knowing my wife might get good sexual experiences with other men, but it would have to be full openness and on the condition that our relationship was the primary and most important. If my wife went into humiliating me, or started a relationship with a "bull", our marriage would end. (None of above will ever happen)

Would the other men here be aroused by their wife having sex with others, or accept a humiliating or "bull" controlled relationship?

Are there women here who get excited about their men beeing with other women? What would be the name for that?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Elling50
Is a man cuckold with a wife cheating behind his back

No.

Cuckolds knowingly and willingly allow their wives / partners, to have sex with other men.

Our new cuckold category will be up next week, it has a comprehensive definition and should answer all your questions.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Cuckolds knowingly and willingly allow their wives / partners, to have sex with other men.

Must there be humiliation?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Elling50

Must there be humiliation?

That is for you to decide, if you're the husband of the cuckolding wife.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

That is for you to decide, if you're the husband of the cuckolding wife.

I was more after what is usually understood by the word. Does the word cuckold imply humiliation, or any man whose wife have sex with others with his knowledge and concent? (including swingers and open msrriages)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Elling50

I was more after what is usually understood by the word. Does the word cuckold imply humiliation, or any man whose wife have sex with others with his knowledge and concent? (including swingers and open msrriages)

From my understanding humiliation is not a requirement, but NOT having sex with her at that time IS, as is watching. It is more than just swinging or having sex with consent. It involves watching and not participating. LATER he can, but not during from what I understand. However, I have seen where he is told to do things to either her or the other guy, but again, he can't actually HAVE sex while he is being cuckold.

I believe that humiliation IS part for some though, both the female gets aroused by it as well as for some reason he gets some "pleasure" from the humiliation. I don't understand it, but it is what it is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well humiliation is involved if one of the people are turned on by it but I'd image there wouldn't be any if one disliked it.
Even though a woman is going out and having sex with other guys, with or with the husband/boyfriend watching, I can image it'd feel good to know that even if these men are better than him in bed, his woman is still with him, that she still chooses him over those other men despite what they may have that he lacks. I mean...I'd never be in a cuckholding relationship but I don't really mind it, I don't think it's wrong if it isn't hurting anyone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the grand order of things, does it matter?
Lurker
0 likes
If one has a cuckold they probably have a runny nose.
Mazztastic
0 likes
The simple definition is thus:

cuck·old
noun \ˈkə-kəld, -(ˌ)kōld\

: a man whose wife has sex with someone else : a man's whose wife commits adultery

Simply by having his wife cheat on him, a man becomes a cuckold, whether or not he is aware of her infidelity.

Wikipedia takes it a step further and gives more information on the sort of questions you are asking, Elling...

Cuckoldry as a fetish

Unlike the traditional definition of the term, in fetish usage a cuckold is complicit in their partner's sexual "infidelity" and takes masochistic sexual pleasure in it. Cuckolds in the fetish sense, also need not be male, and need not be married, although some level of pair-bonding intimacy or commitment in their relationship is necessary.[11] Among fetishists, the pose of reluctance—the victimization of the cuckold—is a major element of the paraphilia. (Which may be the reason for the use of the term "cuckold," with its connotations of victimization and inadequacy.)

In the fetish cuckolding subculture, it is most common for the female to take on the sexually dominant role and the male the submissive role, however, female subs, sometimes referred to as cuckqueans,[2] also exist. The wife who enjoys cuckolding her husband is frequently called a "hotwife," or a cuckoldress if the man is more submissive.[12]

Fetish cuckolding can have a wide range of expression, from pillow-talk fantasy between monogamous partners to extreme "alternative lifestyles," depending on the couple. It is also often mixed with other fetishes in practice, such as voyeurism, denial, etc. Since a couple may not share the cuckold fetish, some may turn to a form of virtual cuckolding through phone or internet sites often at an advertised price. Sometimes even through phone sex. [13] has become a popular way of cuckolding and cuckold training.

Cuckolding can also be mixed with other non-monogamous relationship arrangements with which it has substantial overlap such as swinging, wife-swapping, open relationships, and polyamory, etc. It is distinguished from these concepts in that the cuckold's thrill in their partner's acts is specifically masochistic; as such it is considered a category of BDSM fetish.

Urban Dictionary also gives some interesting insights:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cuckold

I hope that this helps?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Elling50

A cuckold is the husband of an adulteress. Usually, he is an object of derision. He is ignorant of the adultery whereas all around know. The time he is humiliated is when he discovers that he's one of the last to find out. The cuckold theme just takes this further, I don't get it myself but like most things sexual each to their own. Just set your own limits.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by dpw

A cuckold is the husband of an adulteress. Usually, he is an object of derision. He is ignorant of the adultery whereas all around know. The time he is humiliated is when he discovers that he's one of the last to find out. The cuckold theme just takes this further, I don't get it myself but like most things sexual each to their own. Just set your own limits.

Yes, he is the husband of an adulteress - the rest of it has been added in the fetish side of cuckolding, or through literature...

The humiliation part and consensual nature is NOT necessary for a man to be considered a cuckold.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for explaining that.. I was curious too. It's kind of a funny word
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Our new cuckold category will be up next week, it has a comprehensive definition and should answer all your questions.

Perhaps I carp, but...

WHY am I asked to attend Policy Meetings if NOTHING I say is regarded???

(And Cuckholds don't have to be complicit...)

xx Steph

Nicola: "You've NEVER been asked!!! We're just too polite to ask you to fucking leave while we work!!!"

Me: "SO... I'm just a monkey who handles The Queue?"

Nicola: "Darling, the last time you saw a queue you were attempting to buy nylons in Soviet Moscow... '81, I think it was..."

Me: "You loved those tights...."

Nicola: "No I didn't. They smelled like burning rubber... Go on... There's the line... Say it, Funny Irishman... Say something funny..."

Me: "..."

Nicola: "You'll never be a Cuckold, Steffie... You'll NEVER "wear the horns"!"

Me:"... thanks Nikki..."

Nicola: "Only because you've never been married, you TWAT!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Yes, he is the husband of an adulteress - the rest of it has been added in the fetish side of cuckolding, or through literature...

The humiliation part and consensual nature is NOT necessary for a man to be considered a cuckold.

I know, I was stating the etymology not the fetish, that's why you set your own limits.
Oddly we were writing our post at the same time, your post wasn't there when I started but was when I posted.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

(And Cuckholds don't have to be complicit...)

COMPLICIT!!!!

THAT'S the word I couldn't think of!!!!

Bloody brainfreeze grrrr

(DPW - my post showed a good fifteen minutes before yours - you must be a very slow typer hahahah)

Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by Soleillalune
Thanks for explaining that.. I was curious too. It's kind of a funny word

Its origins stem from the word 'cuckoo' and the way that bird will infiltrate a foreign bird's nest and subsequently oust their weaker offspring from the nest...

(or something along those lines)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Its origins stem from the word 'cuckoo' and the way that bird will infiltrate a foreign bird's nest and subsequently oust their weaker offspring from the nest...

(or something along those lines)

Thanks smile
Okay.. Now that's interesting..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

(DPW - my post showed a good fifteen minutes before yours - you must be a very slow typer hahahah)

Yes, very slow. Using a mobile and cooking dinner, very domesticated. Lol
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
If I may ask the stupid question...

I'm all over the fantasy, and I understand the definition. But what I'm unclear on is the distinction between the Cuckold and Wife Lovers categories here on Lush. What's the line in the sand?

Mazza's posts notwithstanding, I'm guessing the knowledge of the husband is the deciding factor - he knows, it's a Cuckold, he doesn't, it's a Wife Lovers story.

I've got a few in the queue and I just don't know where to put them.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

I'm all over the fantasy, and I understand the definition. But what I'm unclear on is the distinction between the Cuckold and Wife Lovers categories here on Lush. What's the line in the sand?

Mazza's posts notwithstanding, I'm guessing the knowledge of the husband is the deciding factor - he knows, it's a Cuckold, he doesn't, it's a Wife Lovers story.

I believe you are correct, but I would go a bit farther. The complete definitions listed IMO are just not applicable to most fantasy situations, and thus do not truly apply. For the purpose of fantasy and distinction between simple cheating and cuckold, it comes down to the knowledge of the sexual activities. I also think that although swinging and swapping could also fall under the technical definitions of cuckold (because he knows what is going on), I do not think they fit the practical application of the term as used in fantasy and even real world situations. Now some may agree, and others may not.... I just see my views backed by the distinct differences in (as you point out) how stories are grouped here on LUSH and what you find IN those stories.
Lurker
0 likes
Ultimately, a CUCKOLD doesn't LIKE what goes on. (Or may be simply unaware of it.) Though others are, this shaming him, even if he is unaware.

xx SF

(By classic definition.)
Matriarch
0 likes
"Boogie Nights" has an interesting scene depicting Cuckolding gone wrong
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by nicola
"Boogie Nights" has an interesting scene depicting Cuckolding gone wrong

Man, that was intense! But I think that was more snuff than cuckold.

I do love William H Macey though.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

It's EXACTLY the other way around.

xx SF
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

It's EXACTLY the other way around.

xx SF

Sorry, but isn't the husband sitting in the corner watching his wife get ploughed by someone else a cuckold?
Lurker
0 likes
I think Elling50 has it best, although Mazza is correct in giving the dictionary definition. The difference with the Loving Wives type of story is not about whether or not the husband is aware of or participates in his wife's infidelity, but in the added element of cruelty and humiliation that is implicit in a Cuckolding story. It is implicit, it seems to me, that the husband is in some way sexually inadequate, and that deep down his weft despises him for it, and wishes only to have sex with a strong and sexually dominant male, even if she is dominant in the marital relationship. There should be more than just reluctance on the husband's part, but also a sense of rejection and emasculation - it is in essence a form of psychological castration. Sharing in the sexual joy of one's wife, even if it is with another man or woman is something completely different. Some people will like Cuckolding stories, others will not - by having separate categories The editors have allowed readers to make their own choice.
Lurker
0 likes
This is good question. I know what the word means. It has to do with when a predatory animal replaces the eggs of prey animal with its own. And the prey animal then incubates the other animal's offspring. So I don't know why their is a category call this in the list of story categories. I don't get it. The words is an old school word. It comes from a bird that used this tactic. Try to guess its name. It is not used any more and you may not find it in the dictionary. Regarding humans it means when a man raises a child as his own without the knowedlge that the child is not his, believing the whole time he had part in making that child.