catty girls

last reply
55 replies
6.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
why are girls so mean? like some girls are just rude and talk about you behind your back when they dont even no you at all. i dont understand how some girls can just be huge bitches to people they have never actually had a real conversation with.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL The irony of this question is that you are bitching about the bitches who bitch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by winkwinkgirly1006
why are girls so mean? like some girls are just rude and talk about you behind your back when they dont even no you at all. i dont understand how some girls can just be huge bitches to people they have never actually had a real conversation with.

Boy don't I know what you mean!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Fugly
LOL The irony of this question is that you are bitching about the bitches who bitch.

I thought the same thing
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01
Quote by Fugly

I thought the same thing

so.. are you bitching about the girls who bitche about the girls bitching? well, i'm going to bitch about you now *gigglefit* umm... hi, Meggalicious! *giggles*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
I think all the bitches in this thread need to calm their asses down.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

stop looking at my ass? how else would you know it wasn't calm?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Quote by Magical_felix

stop looking at my ass? how else would you know it wasn't calm?

It was "announcing" its presence... I didn't want to say anything cause I'm a gentleman.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
so.. are you bitching about the girls who bitche about the girls bitching? well, i'm going to bitch about you now *gigglefit* umm... hi, Meggalicious! *giggles*

I am indeed ... Now, I'm bitching about missing me some Spritalicious!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

but baby, you know i'm yours, all you have to do is say the word, and i'm in your bed naked. with ribbons on!

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Quote by AngelHeart01

but baby, you know i'm yours, all you have to do is say the word, and i'm in your bed naked. with ribbons on!

Don't mind me... I'll be in the corner with the boner and the camera.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Quote by sprite
Quote by AngelHeart01

Don't mind me... I'll be in the corner with the boner and the camera.

Sure thing Felix ... It's not like that is something new. Just make sure you get my good side
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01
WORD!

I'm all yours!

Lurker
0 likes
intresting thread. went from bitching girls to bitching me then a lesbian moment to tape? lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ah the dissent of this thread just clearly goes to show all that when the idea of "Catty" or "Bitchy" girls is raised, everyone wants to get in on the action. Maybe there is that subliminal feeling that after a good bitch-fest, there will be a naked pillow fight and under every catty girl is a wannabe lesbian who is just acting out her love/hate frustrations with the same sex.

But let's get over those stereotypes, even though in some cases it very well might be true (cough cough).

The answer to this question is complex:

1. Girls are not as naturally "nice" as society wants to pretend they are.

When a man acts out, gets territorial or pushes back against his buddies, he is seen as just being a typical 'guy'. Even as children, boys are encouraged to be competitive with their peers. Girls are dressed in pink and placed on gingham quilts with a set of dolls and told to be passive and nurturing. Is this really true nature, or is this just the way we want to imagine nature is? Why do we get so uncomfortable when we see girls displaying underlying characteristics that wouldn't bother us if it was a guy doing it?

Look at the differences in the way we label things:
* Molly is catty but Matt is competitive.
* Breanna is a slut but Brody is a ladies-man
* Kelly is a bitch but Kyle is an alpha male

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with any of these behaviours, yet we seem to take special offence when it is the female doing the competitive posturing.

2. Social competition drives some females to act out to secure men, attention, or status hence the "catty" or "bitchy" behaviour.

Now what kind of behaviour is it that you find upsetting? Many women are quick to label any female that they don't get along with immediately as catty, bitchy, stuck-up or snobby. What does that say about you? Insecurities may be at work that lead some women to want to find something wrong with females that 'do them wrong' or don't immediately want to be BFFs and welcome them into their social sorority. This is also an example of the woman that is upset giving in to her competitive instincts because most of the time the girl isn't just thinking "Wow, Annie is such a catty bitch" and going about her business. No, usually it involves telling everyone that will listen that you think she's a catty bitch and trying to get them on your side. There is an element of 'catty competition' working here too, even when you think that you're the wronged party. Women have similar drives to men, and in many animal species, the competitive drive among females is even higher than it is for males. The desire to reject or socially drive out other females is almost always a two-way street.

So lastly... why can't we all just get along?

Maybe lesbian pillow fights are indeed the answer.

For the rest, it usually comes down to ignoring negative behaviour, doing your thing, and not encouraging a "Mean Girls" style war... unless you're the type to get off on that kind of drama. Verbal sword fights are just the adult version of playground antics as far as Olivia is concerned. But oh, sometimes it can be rather... invigorating.... can't it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Olivia
* Kelly is a bitch but Kyle is an alpha male

Wahoo! I am the alpha male. I'll take it (If that were only true )
The decisions we make dictate the life we have.
Follow your dreams, for those that do not will only try to discourage others.
Lurker
0 likes
Different picture I got here, first I see the word "cat", then "bitch".

Now all I can think of is cats and dogs partying like crazy.

Wish it were that way in real life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The term bitch is defined in an offensive manner as 'A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing'. By this definition the OP is not bitching. I would also then put a question to Olivia who seems to think that this behaviour is harmless and just part of 'competitiveness'. What happens when a child is bullied at school or a person is tormented at work with wild rumours from people they don't know or have no social contact with is this an act of 'competitiveness'? Personally? i don't find this in any way shape or form competitive as it is a way of people socially trying to ostracise someone from a group which I am sure many would consider to be spiteful being true to the definition of the term 'bitch'. This is also true of your 'typical male' example. If a man acts out his friends and peers will normally tell him he is being an ass. Only case in point with that line is when he has surrounded himself with like minded people.

To winky. Some women will talk shit simply because it affects them in their social circles to do so e.g high school and certain affluent lifestyles. This can be translated down through social classes where people dont follow the idiom i was always taught by my parents, do as I say and not as I do. People are inherently social and will do a lot to fit in to their desired 'cliques' this includes social outcasting of anything they feel does not fit their archetype models.
Lurker
0 likes
To all of you who attacked the OP, I'm wondering, how do you feel she should have posed her question? To me, it seemed to be a valid question. She was asking about human behaviour. Sure, it may have been poorly worded to some, but i still feel she is entitled to ask the question in the first place.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rockstar81
To all of you who attacked the OP, I'm wondering, how do you feel she should have posed her question? To me, it seemed to be a valid question. She was asking about human behaviour. Sure, it may have been poorly worded to some, but i still feel she is entitled to ask the question in the first place.

This post was created to START something. Nothing more. But that aside ... carry on
Lurker
0 likes
the way i see it, bitches are cool, i like them... ONLY if they are REAL! if you ask me something i will honestly tell you the truth everytime, i consider myself a bitch. the bitches you have to watch out for a the two faced, lying ass hoes who think they are better then everyone else.... but clearly they are!

and they nly reason why they talk behind your back, is because they are cowards who just wont say it to your face. if you have something to say about that person say it right to there face, those people i give respect too... just FYI! but if you talk behind backs, that's just called being a coward.

AND alsooo they are fake bitches because they think they are popular, but they aren't popular... THERE VAGINAS ARE!! lmfao
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

When I first read this, my first thought was "but isn't that what you are doing? Aren't you talking about these people behind their backs instead to them directly?", hence my first response. Winky called them rude and huge bitches, but as Winky pointed out that if they don't know her - really, she doesn't know them or have had a real conversation with them, therefore calling the kettle black.

Back to the question: If you are talking about Lush, well - in one way we all put ourselves out there without the need to have a real conversation. This happens especially in the forums and more often enough are judged by what we post. The internet and forums are often void of any emotion and we are often misjudged. So if people are talking behind our backs, it is because without meaning to, we have given them some sort of ammunition.

This is just an example, I have never read any of winky's posts but after reading this one, it is natural to first assume that this person is a bit of a whiner who could possibly enjoy starting fights, gossips and could possibly be self centered. I am not saying that this is who winky is and this is not an attack. This is just an example of how easy it is to judge someone on the internet by a simple post. Winky could and possibly is, the nicest person on lush. But it's that easy to assume.

Some people will bitch about someone simply by what is written on their profile. I hate to say this, but I have done this myself. I saw one profile of a girl who talked nothing but how fabulous she was. I didn't go and bitch about it, but did have a bitch to myself and naturally thought of the song "You're so vein". lol

Olivia's response was an excellent one. I would like to say to GiganticTager that this thread is not about bullying. This is about people who talk behind people's backs. This was never an attack on Winky but the responses were due to how the question was asked. I had fun with my first response, but I could have gone another way and said as many responses to the questions in the forum from the young sexy girls, and answered with 'oh, it's not you, you are wonderful and they are just bitches'. Or answer in the only other possible way and say 'hey, us women are all bitches and proud of it' lol.

Just remember, without bitching/gossiping, there would be no need for reality shows. We only watch them to see them bitching. Hmmm a life without Jersey Shore or Kim kardashian. Gossip/bitching is a natural behavior. We all do it. We all do it for various reasons and we all love to hear juicy gossip. But how we respond to said gossip/bitching is totally a different matter. Learn to ignore it and just have fun.

Quote by GiganticTager
The term bitch is defined in an offensive manner as 'A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing'

A bitch is just not defined as that. It is often defined as a woman who is self confident or assertive. Yes there are bad bitches, but it does help in real life to be a bitch. If someone called me a bitch, I would hope that they meant that they consider me a strong individual rather than just being spiteful. Truth in itself is often the real bitch.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Anyone else feel like they have cat scratch fever after reading what winkygirl, analheart, Justine and fugly had to say?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've read all the previous entries on this and I don't have anything profound or earthshattering to say that will enlighten anyone. I know that every woman I know always has some issues with women they know and refer to them as bitches and give examples of their bitchiness, which I suppose makes them a bitch too. Does that mean that, in writing about this and my experiences, I'm a bitch too? Or is it to do with the tone of what is being said? If a woman talks about anotherer woman surely they are only a bitch if it is designed to denegrate or score points?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by justinebaby
the way i see it, bitches are cool, i like them... ONLY if they are REAL! if you ask me something i will honestly tell you the truth everytime, i consider myself a bitch. the bitches you have to watch out for a the two faced, lying ass hoes who think they are better then everyone else.... but clearly they are!

and they nly reason why they talk behind your back, is because they are cowards who just wont say it to your face. if you have something to say about that person say it right to there face, those people i give respect too... just FYI! but if you talk behind backs, that's just called being a coward.

AND alsooo they are fake bitches because they think they are popular, but they aren't popular... THERE VAGINAS ARE!! lmfao

So true. But I just want to add that I love bitches, but RAVING BITCHES I really dislike. Raving bitches are the ones who love to make shit up and talk shit, and say nasty stuff, and ones that are complete bullies and take advantage of the bitches and nice people. They are just flat out jerks. I like to think of myself as a nice bitch. I am super nice to people, but I don't lie. Honesty is the best policy.

I think bitchiness is kinda like testosterone is in guys. Some bitches use gossip as steroids, and turn into major backstabbing bitches, and they have too much bitchiness, just like guys on steroids have too much testosterone. Other girls have just the right amount of bitchiness, they don't tell lies, and they are real. They don't act fake, and tell the truth even if it hurts, but they are really nice people and usually are great friends. Then there are the nice people, who tell some lies but only lie cause they don't want to hurt anyone, since they are too nice. In the end everyone ends up hurt at some point anyways. The raving bitches talk shit and get hit, the nice bitches get rumors started about them or shit like that because the fake raving bitches are jealous of them, and the nice girls get yelled at by the person they lied to because they didn't want to upset them, and they ended up upsetting them anyway, so they might as well have just been a bitch and told the truth.

That is how I would classify different types of bitches...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
One more time...

Babe
In
Total
Control of
Herself

I like bitches. Especially sassy bitches.
And I like pussies, cunts, cockgobblers, cumguzzlers, assholes, naughty whores, sluts and the not so rare POA. Not in any particular order.

Not too keen on motherfuckers, shitpigs, chomos, cockbites or assclowns. But hey, that's just me.

(urbandictionary is your friend)
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by GiganticTager
The term bitch is defined in an offensive manner as 'A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing'. By this definition the OP is not bitching. I would also then put a question to Olivia who seems to think that this behaviour is harmless and just part of 'competitiveness'. What happens when a child is bullied at school or a person is tormented at work with wild rumours from people they don't know or have no social contact with is this an act of 'competitiveness'? Personally? i don't find this in any way shape or form competitive as it is a way of people socially trying to ostracise someone from a group which I am sure many would consider to be spiteful being true to the definition of the term 'bitch'. This is also true of your 'typical male' example. If a man acts out his friends and peers will normally tell him he is being an ass. Only case in point with that line is when he has surrounded himself with like minded people.

To winky. Some women will talk shit simply because it affects them in their social circles to do so e.g high school and certain affluent lifestyles. This can be translated down through social classes where people dont follow the idiom i was always taught by my parents, do as I say and not as I do. People are inherently social and will do a lot to fit in to their desired 'cliques' this includes social outcasting of anything they feel does not fit their archetype models.

Yes, it is competitiveness. Wanting to ostracize someone from a social group is an act of social competition. It happens in the animal kingdom and the human kingdom. It is about competing for social status and everything that goes along with that. You state "people will do a lot to fit in to their desired cliques"... The things that they do are forms of social competition. Why else would someone want to 'ostracize' someone? Just because they are a natural born asshole? People don't act without some kind of purpose and incentive. The formation of social cliques and hierarchy is very common among social pack animals (humans included).

Your desire to use the term "Bitch" is merely a need to find a label for negative behaviour. It is just a word. A word that many women use proudly in an attempt to demystify and destigmatize a term that has been thrown around as a way of putting down the female gender. A woman that is in control and exerts her authority does not need to be seen as something negative.

Social competition is a reality of life. When you encounter this, you have two options:

1. Fight Back:
Counteract and mirror that exact same negative behaviour back to them. ie. call them a bitch right back to them and find ways to undermine their social status, spread rumours, gossip about them etc.

2. Ignore:
Remove yourself from the negative people. You do have that choice. Most 'catty' or socially aggressive people are looking for a response from you. When they don't get one, it's often no longer considered a challenge nor does it provide them with the drama they seek. You can see a micro-example of this phenomena when people engage in forum arguments or challenges. When one stops posting, then the game ends and the antagonizer is forced to move on. Is 'fighting back' really worth your time and effort? Many people will choose to just remove themselves from being around negative people. Negative people are energy-wasters, and as adults we are free to choose not to engage.

Which one is the right choice? It depends on whether you like the drama or whether you are genuinely upset at the 'catty behaviour' and want to put an end to it.

People are free to make their own choices. But people are not born "mean"... Cliques, ostracizing people, and bullying are all forms of social competition. That doesn't make them right, that just makes them a reality of social species interactions.
Lurker
0 likes

I think that there is lots of validity to the offerings from Olivia, JustineBaby and Unicorn92.

My own personal opinion about the mean girls are this: be true to yourself, don't lower yourself to their lowly standards, and above all, be the best classy person you can be.

If you engage in the same acts as the mean girls - drama is created, words are used without regard, and it is truly a no one wins situation.

I say .... Drama-Free Zone!! Ignore and enjoy your time with others!!

Cheers!