Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A Proper Cure: Conclusion

"Charlie’s secret is revealed as May decides to seek a new life"

18
8 Comments 8
652 Views 652
1.8k words 1.8k words

Chapter 16

May sat within the sleek black coupe in a stupor. She stared out the small window as dusk dropped over Manhattan. There was a whirring in her ears from the rush of her own blood. She couldn't hear the horses’s hooves or the wooden wheels, not even when Park Avenue changed from dirt to paving stones. She didn't hear the driver wrapping at the coupe door. She didn't even hear the words that the happy stable boy spoke to her as he untied her bay-colored horse from the back of the coupe. She managed to say, “Bath. Bed,” to Mrs. Wharton, but nothing more.

May slid into the warm water. Her butt and mound both immediately reminded her of her morning’s activities. Whether it was the thrusts of Robert and Charlie, or the twenty miles of horseback riding was indistinguishable. She shimmied against the porcelain until she was fully immersed except for her knees and half her face. She stared at the clouds painted on the ceiling. The sand of Pelham Beach and the mud of the Bronx left her skin easily, while her feelings for Charlie sat, unmoving, in her heart, and Anne’s information about him was stuck firmly in the pit of her stomach.

May remained in that position until the water chilled to tepid and then cold. The whole time her mind spun with doubts and questions. Certain answers did not rush in, but resolve did. May pulled herself from the bath. She didn't call for a servant, but put herself to bed without bothering to put on a nightgown. She curled into a naked ball under the sheets and cried herself to sleep.

In the morning Mrs. Wharton and Edith both took great pleasure in dressing May. It had been some time since she had let them braid her hair, or wrap her in layer after layer of silk.

“Is my husband here?” May asked.

“No, Ma’am,” Mrs. Wharton said, avoiding May’s eyes. “Mr. Spencer sent a note last night that he would stay at the Club.”

May rolled her eyes. The Club existed, but it was more a euphemism than a place. A euphemism for dance halls, and whore houses, and opium dens, and a bad marriage. It was just as well, May thought. She was not yet ready for what she needed to do. But, she would be.

May left the house in a demure black dress, a rarity for her these days. Her first stop was St. Thomas church, an even greater rarity of late. She made a point to connect with all the right people. She had covered her rosy cheeks with powder to try to match the neurasthenia-ridden face the congregation had last seen, but there was nothing she could do to suppress the renewed sparkle in her eyes.

Spencer arrived late, slipping into a pew across the aisle from May. He was a bit haggard, whether it was from a hard night in a dance hall, or the mad rush to change from evening wear to morning coat, or a combination.

She looked at her husband as if he was a stranger. He was handsome, to be sure, but he did not look much like Charlie. Except for the eyes. They were the same deeply set, dark, dark eyes. Based on those eyes May did not doubt for a moment Anne’s astounding assertion that Charlie was Spencer’s bastard son. But, where Charlie’s eyes evoked warmth and tenderness, Spencer’s betrayed his cold selfishness. The eyes were the same; the soul was not. Charlie had the soul of a kind angel. Spencer had the soul of a man who would abandon a pregnant girl like young Anne with nary a word.

As the service ended the congregation gathered and spilled out of the medieval-looking church onto the the lawn. May ambled through the lingering crowd. There were covert smiles and winks among fellow Spa members. Mrs. Vanderbilt gave her a hug, giving a few of the sycophants in the crowd a shock.

Susanne was surrounded, as usual, the Belle of Manhattan. Though in black like all the rest, Susanne had threaded a royal blue ribbon through her tresses. She had to flirt with scandal, no matter the setting.

Jenny was there, entertaining and beguiling with her lilting accent and wry wit.

“I can barely walk, today!” she whispered to May as she passed.

“I’m not surprised,” May whispered back, as she recalled Jenny impaled between two huge men the previous morning.

“Jenny…Did you mention that the Hudson Bay Company freighters offer staterooms?” May inquired out of nowhere.

Jenny arched a brow over a sparking blue-green eye. “What are you up to?” Jenny asked with a curious smile.

May fawned over the octogenarian president of the Manhattan Bank and his wife. “I am planning a trip…for my health,” May said with a handkerchief clutched to her chin. “I will be going from spa to spa until I find a cure. I will need a way to access funds overseas.”

“Of course, my dear! Come by my office tomorrow. I will help you personally,” the president insisted. May made a mental note to wear something that would show a little cleavage.

She apologized to the Reverend John for her long absence from Church due to illness, indicating with a cough that she would be absent again as she sought a cure. “But I heard you were doing so well!” Father John protested.

“Cha-cha,” she coughed. “Relapse. I am considering taking a cure overseas.”

“I think you should, May.” The Reverend John said warmly.

May then approached her husband, who at that moment was lecherously chatting with the teen daughter of one of the lesser Astors. He broke away from his conversation with irritation and awkwardly embraced his wife. May stiffened as Spencer kissed her cheek. The acrid smell of day-old cigars and whiskey-sweat filled her nostrils. She smiled broadly, though, for the benefit of any onlookers. She didn't waste time.

EmmaSanz
Online Now!
Lush Cams
EmmaSanz

“Let’s walk home,” May said, looking into his Charlie-like eyes.

“Walk? I wanted to show off the new coach.” Spencer said, glancing to confirm that the men of the most upper crust were still there.

“I’m going away, Spencer,” May announced. Spencer sighed and took a last look at those he was so desperate to impress.

“Yes. I overheard you. Fine.” He said, spinning on his heels.

They walked along Broadway before turning the corner on 54th and heading toward Fifth.

“Where will you be going? Georgia? And for how long?” Spencer asked in a cold, demanding tone. “The Vanderbilt Gala is coming up. I'd want you here for that.”

May tried, but failed, to suppress a laugh. “No. Not Georgia. Paris to start, then Italy. After that, I don't know. I also don't know when I'll be back.”

Now it was Spencer’s turn to laugh. He stopped in his tracks. “Don’t be mad! I won't allow it! And I surely won't pay for it!”

May had anticipated his resistance, but given his extra-marital proclivities, she guessed that resistance would be thin and short-lived. May kept walking, forcing Spencer to catch up.

“First of all, I'm going. That is not up for debate. Second, I know full well my father’s dowry kept you out of bankruptcy. I also know that the Bank still manages my father’s trust for my brother and me. Not that I ever see any of it. I'm just a woman, after all. But, I'm confident I can talk the Bank, and you, into a modest stipend. You wouldn't want Society to think you had abandoned your sick wife, would you?”

“When?” Spencer asked, defeated.

“A week. I think.” May said, swelling with excitement.

******

May stood and stretched. She left the shade and padded across the stone veranda. The warm sun felt glorious against her naked skin. She stared out at the blue-green Mediterranean coastline and thought of her friends in New York until she was distracted by the moaning behind her.

She turned to see her sweet Charlie stretched out on pillows with an olive-skinned beauty straddling his head while a sinewy man sucked upon his swollen rod. Another Italian girl suckled on her friend’s nipples, but looked a bit lonely.

With a sigh, May picked up a few more pillows and joined the fray. She pushed the man and girls away from her man. She replaced the man’s mouth with her vagina and the girl’s puss with her lips. She licked away the Italiana’s juice before kissing Charlie warmly and deeply. The man and the girls tumbled into a fresh entanglement beside them. May pounded over Charlie’s rod, squeezing her walls in the way she had learned would drive her young lover mad. At that moment, she wanted the boy to herself. She wanted to draw the cum from him and take it deep inside. Charlie groaned as his issue spilled into May. She smiled and whispered, “I love you, Charlie.”

May arose, leaving her spillage to the three hungry Italian mouths. She pulled on a robe as she walked into the villa. She lay on a lounge and picked up pen and paper.

September 20, 1874

Capri, Italy

Dearest Susanne,

I'm sorry it has been so long since I have written. It has been a torrid couple of months. Paris was extraordinary, just as Anne and Charlie said it would be. But, despite the novelty of new cock and cunnie, I tired of the haughty Parisians, also as Anne had predicted.

We worked our way south to Marseille and spent time with some beautiful Moroccans. Charlie enjoyed his first man! I doubt it will be his last!

We had the most wonderful time with acquaintances of Anne’s in Canne. I don't think Charlie or I wore clothes for two straight weeks. I swear we survived exclusively on seawater, sunlight, oysters, and of course sex!

Florence and Rome were a revelation, though for the art rather than the sex. Southern Italy has allowed us to rebound in that regard. As I write this, I'm watching Charlie share a couple of olive-skinned girls with one of the local priests. You read that right! A priest! Ha-ha!

From here we will move on to Venice. Oh, how I wish you and Jenny could join me. I miss you both, as well as Anne, of course. We will be there for a month in a large apartment. There would be plenty of room!

I could use the emotional support, as well as your sweet pussies. Charlie doesn't know it yet, but after Venice, I plan to go to Istanbul on my own. I need to explore the world and myself without a man to rely on. He will be crushed, but I know I need to do this. Goodbye for now, dear one. Hug Jen,’ Anne, and Robert for me.

Love,

Your loyal friend, May

Published 
Written by Longing
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments