Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Gold Rush

"Two young women discover “gold” during California’s Gold Rush"

11
1 Comment 1
3.4k Views 3.4k
5.1k words 5.1k words

On April 1st, 1848, Glenda Hutchins and Louise Grantham stepped out of their boarding house on the New York City waterfront where they had spent the night, like they had just about every night for the past two years, entertaining sailors who came through the port.

They entered a small waterfront restaurant, which catered to the sailors and dockworkers. Perhaps there was one or two who’d like some morning amusement.

“Glen, I don’t know about you, but I’ve had just about enough of New York; I’m thinking of moving on, what about you?”

“I’ve been thinking about it, too. Where, is the question?”

“I’ve read that California is nice, and growing.”

“I’d like that. How would we get there? How much money do you have?”

“I have a few dollars. Why?”

“I don’t mean in your purse. I mean all together.”

“Perhaps a few thousand dollars. Why?”

“I wonder how much it costs to get to California, and how would we get there?”

“What will we do when we get there?”

“I’d imagine, we’d start out doing what we do here.”

“That makes sense. I can’t imagine that California men are any different than men here. They all want the same thing.”

“Captain Weston of the Queen of the West is right over there. Didn’t you have him the other night?”

“I did. Let’s talk to him.”

“Ladies, your best bet is overland. Take a train to St. Louis and then by wagon west.”

“What about Indians? Captain, I’ve heard about the unspeakable things they do to white women.”

“Captain, what about by ship?”

“Ladies, a ship is no place for women. I think you both know how vulgar sailors can be. Besides, it takes almost five months to get from New York to San Francisco.”

“If we were able to book passage, how much might it cost?”

“I have no idea. I don’t think it’s ever been done. and I’ve never heard of a ship going to California that has accommodations for ladies. Overland is your best bet.”

Later that day, “Glenda, I want to go, what about you?”

“I’d go, but I can’t imagine going overland. Indians, Louise, Indians.”

A week later, in that same restaurant, Captain Bradley Weston approached the two young women. “Ladies, you know Captain Aaron Osterman of the East India?”

“Of course, Captain Osterman and I had a wonderful evening together just about a month ago. Captain, I haven’t forgotten you.”

“I haven’t forgotten you either, Miss Grantham.”

“Ladies, we have a proposal for you if San Francisco still appeals to you.”

The two women looked at each other, “Yes sir, we’re still interested.”

“Next week our ships, the Queen of the West and the East India leave for San Francisco.”

“How exciting!”

“Ladies, we don’t have any accommodations for women, however, Captain Osterman and I could accommodate you in our cabins in exchange for your passage.”

“I want to make sure that I understand what you’re saying, Louise and I would get passage to California in exchange for what you know we already do here?”

“Exactly. Miss Grantham, if you do, what you’ve done to me in the past, I think that would be sufficient payment.”

“And Miss Hutchins, no one’s ever been better, and I’ve sailed the seven seas.”

“Gentlemen, how nice of you to say. You have us blushing.”

“Captain Weston, Captain Osterman, give us a day or so to think about your offer.”

“That would be fine. Why don’t you come to our ships on Tuesday? We’ll even give you a tour of your accommodations.”

After the seamen left, “Glenda, if we took them up on their offer, we could be in California in five months . . . “

“And we’d still have all our money.”

“Yes, perhaps we could buy our own house, and not have to work for someone else.”

“Louise, does it bother you, that you’ll be spending the next five months fucking a man your father’s age?”

“Not really. Think about it, we do whoever comes through the door. Age, color, size, it doesn’t matter, as long as they have eight dollars.”

“Actually, they need sixteen dollars. Remember Madam Morris gets half, but I agree. Let’s do it.”

The captains’ quarters aboard both ships were small, although both women thought the bed was big enough and soft enough. “It’ll be a lot easier on my back than the thin mattresses we’re used to.”

Glenda was twenty, and Louise, twenty-one. Both had been engaged in this type of work since they were eighteen, starting out on the streets around the port of New York until eventually finding their way to Madam Morris’ house. They’d entertained hundreds of men by their own count, and now had enough experience to know what men wanted and expected.

This would be different: one man for five months. They’d have to find ways to keep their captain interested. Louise thought it might not be enough to just spread her legs and let him climb aboard.

They sailed first to Panama City, Panama. For Louise and Glenda, the days aboard ship quickly turned to boredom. On each ship, they were the only women; subject to the vile comments of the crude sailors. Not that they hadn’t heard it all before; after all, they had walked the New York waterfront offering their services to whoever had a few dollars.

It was at night, after their captains had turned over command of their ship to a subordinate that things were different. Louise Grantham was with Captain Osterman aboard the East India. The captain had made it clear to his crew that she was his, directly calling her his private property.

Alone in his quarters on their first night after leaving New York, he insisted on watching her unbutton the top of her dress, and show him her breasts, titties as he called them. “Louise, they’re delightful, and look how they fit perfectly in my hands.” She’d heard it all before, but to be fair, any unbiased observer would say the same thing: they were big, firm and her small, pink nipples were so sensitive that she shivered from his touch, to say nothing of his mouth.

While he was busy with her titties; her hands were unbuttoning his pants. “Captain, I’ve been looking forward to this ever since you offered me passage. At the house in New York, she’d had him before, and was looking forward to his long, fat cock inside her. Tonight, she insisted, “Captain, you’ve had a long hard day, why don’t you let me take the lead. I’d love to ride your big cock.”

It was an irresistible offer. Captain Osterman lay on his back, while Louise’s delightful titties bounced almost in his face, and her wet hole easily took his cock. If every night is going to be like this, he thought, the voyage won’t be as bad as I envisioned.

It wasn’t all that different aboard the Queen of the West. Glenda waited impatiently for Captain Weston to finish his duties topside. She thought that he should know exactly what he would be getting for the next five months. Although he had visited her once before, tonight when he opened the door to his quarters, she was naked with legs spread wide apart on his bed.

Glenda Hutchins was petite, with very, small, almost boyish breasts. When her customers first saw her they may have been disappointed, but soon they were more than satisfied by her enthusiasm and energy.

There was one other thing about Glenda that went largely unspoken among the girls she shared the house with on New York’s waterfront. A year and a half ago, shortly after she had been recruited by Madam Morris, she found that she was pregnant. The madam sent her to a woman who knew about these things and a month later she was back to work. It was a frightening experience for the young woman.

The madam suggested to her that there was a way to avoid pregnancies in the future and earn extra money at the same time. That’s how Glenda Hutchins came to be a whistler or a piper.

Aboard ship, it was called a bosun’s whistle; that instrument that the boatswain used to give orders to the crew.  It had been used for centuries and its high pitch could be heard above the din of the ship. It didn’t take long for the whores in seaports everywhere who specialized in fellatio to be called whistlers or pipers. The act itself was often called blowing the bosun’s whistle. Glenda’s specialty was blowing the bosun’s whistle.

In the house on the waterfront, she would agree to fuck the sailors, but always offered her whistling services. It was so rare to find a piper, even in foreign ports, that most sailors took her up on her offer; even though it cost them a few dollars more. Captain Weston had experienced this that one time he had chosen her at Madam Morris’ house, and looked forward to it aboard ship.

Glenda did not disappoint him. She made him feel like he had the biggest, hardest cock that she’d ever had, and she freely admitted that she’d had many. “Captain, except for that one time we were together, I’ve never blown a bosun’s whistle like this. I’ll blow your whistle every night between here and San Francisco.”

“Miss Hutchins, you were marvelous. I need some sleep now, but before I go back on deck, I’ll be ready for more. I hope you will be, too.”

“I will, Captain. Did I mention how big you are, and so sweet?”

In Panama City, some passengers disembarked, and the ships unloaded and loaded cargo. The sailors had time to go ashore and visit the numerous whorehouses along the waterfront. Each ship only had a crew of fourteen. No more were necessary to sail the merchant ships.

The next port was Rio de Janeiro. It seemed like the voyage would never end. The two women used all the tricks they knew to keep the captains interested. Glenda insisted that Captain Weston fuck her, and she prayed she wouldn’t get pregnant. Not out here. Sometimes he was on top, sometimes behind her, and sometimes she sat on his cock, but almost every day she blew his bosun’s whistle.

Louise was doing the same; that is everything she knew to keep her captain excited. One time, she fucked him between her titties, and then delighted him by licking all his juices off those titties. It was highly entertaining, and he insisted that she do that more frequently.

In Rio de Janeiro the two women had a few hours ashore together. “Glenda, I think Captain Osterman is getting bored with me. I’ve run out of new ideas.”

“I feel the same, but like you, I’m not sure what to do about it.”

“Me neither, but here’s an idea. What if we approach the captains and suggested that you and I switch ships?”

“Louise, that’s a marvelous idea. I can do all the things I’ve done with Captain Weston to Captain Osterman, and he’ll think they’re new, and you can do the same. How do you think they’ll take it?”

“I think they’ll love it.” 

“Glenda, I have to ask you something. Back in New York, there were whispers among the girls that you had a lot of repeat customers because you were a piper, is that true?”

She blushed. “Ummmm, those sailors do like it.”

“I’ve never done that. It sounds dreadful.”

“It’s not that bad, and I won’t get pregnant that’s for sure.”

“And when they shoot, you swallow it all?”

“Oh, yeah. I can tell you Captain Weston is delicious. I’m looking forward to Captain Osterman, if he’ll have me.”

“I suppose I should try it, but after you, I’m sure Captain Weston will be disappointed.”

“Louise, practice. Aboard ship, you’ll have so much time to practice. Here’s the other thing, be enthusiastic. Let him know how much you want it. When a started in New York, as soon as I got a man in my room, I was on my knees, unbuttoning his pants.”

“Glen, you know I like you and I think of you as my best friend, but I’d be so embarrassed to be known as the girl who blows the bosun’s whistle. That doesn’t bother you?”

“Oh, it does. Madam Morris always introduced me to those sailors by saying, ‘This is Glenda, she’s my piper. You’ve never had your bosun’s whistle blown, until you’ve had Glenda’s mouth.’ I could feel my face turn red.”

“But you made a lot of money?”

“I did, but so have you, and you didn’t have to ruin your reputation in the process.”

Both captains thought it was a great idea to have the girls trade ships. It renewed their interest and the boredom of the days at sea. The two young women were pleased. Captain Osterman, for all his worldly experience, had never had his bosun’s whistle blown quite the way Glenda blew it. Sometimes in the middle of the day, he’d turn over command, escort her to their quarters, and insist that she whistle for him. Glenda was delighted to please her new captain.

Louise was a revelation to Captain Weston. He loved putting his face between her tits. “Louise, they’re the size of the melons I’ve seen down here. I’m going to call them melons.”

“Captain, why don’t you call them your personal melons. They’re yours whenever you want them.” It wasn’t just her melons; Louise let him know that she just couldn’t get enough of his big cock. She wanted to fuck it all the time and apologized for not being very good when her mouth went to his bosun’s whistle.

“Don’t worry, you’re making up for it in so many other ways,” he said while she was exuberantly riding his cock with those melons bouncing in his face.

It stopped being fun for both girls as the rounded Cape Horn. The seas were so high and rough, and the wind howled. They were sick for days. The days stretched into weeks as the captains found it impossible to navigate through the turbulent seas and fog-shrouded waters.

Karla22
Online Now!
Lush Cams
Karla22

It wasn’t until they started sailing north that the women felt better, and it was another week before they were ready to resume their nocturnal activities. “Captain,” said Louise, “I have to make it up to you for being unavailable for so long. Can you turn over the ship to your lieutenant so I can have you all to myself for a few days?”

Meanwhile, Glenda insisted that now that she was her normal self, she should keep Captain Osterman’s bosun’s whistle in her mouth all night. “You don’t mind, do you?” she teased when she came up for air.

Everything remained calm until they reached Valparaiso, Chile. The pilot who would guide them into the harbor refused to come aboard the Queen of the West, which was an hour or so ahead of the East India. “Captain,” he called from his small craft, “we have an outbreak of some disease, hundreds are dead, and hundreds more are dying every day. You can’t dock here. You should continue north.”

Captain Weston stayed at anchor until the East India came alongside. He called across the water to Osterman, explaining the problem, “Aaron, our sailors are going to mutiny if we don’t allow them ashore. They haven’t seen a woman since Rio.”

“We can’t let them ashore; it sounds like we might all die if we do.”

“Any ideas?”

Just then Louise came on deck and stood next to Captain Weston. “Excuse me, gentlemen, I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation. Perhaps, Glenda and I can help.”

“How can you help? You can’t go ashore either.”

“Gentlemen, you know what Glenda and I are, and what we do. It’s no secret. We could entertain your sailors. To be honest, I’m sure I’ve done a few of them before in New York.”

“Is that even possible?”

“Oh, we couldn’t do them all in one night, but over the course of a week or two, I’m certain that we could, and I’m sure that Glenda would go along. No one wants a mutiny.”

“Of course not. Louise in Valparaiso a girl who does what you do gets paid three dollars, and for what Glenda does four dollars. I know that’s not acceptable, but what would be a fair price, so we can tell our crews?”

“You’d have to talk to Glenda, but in New York, it cost your sailors sixteen dollars for me, but I had to share that with the madam. I’d do your sailors for eight dollars each, but no more than two a night. Do you think that will keep them satisfied until we reach San Francisco?”

“I’m sure it will, but, Louise, you need to save a few nights for me.”

“Of course, Captain. I can’t imagine those vulgar ruffians are as good to me in bed as you.” She leaned against him.

When Captain Osterman approached Glenda, she agreed with Louise, “I’d blow their bosun’s whistle for eight dollars, but, Captain, they only get one time for eight dollars. That way I can probably do three sailors a night.”

The captains described the problem with going ashore in Valparaiso to the crew, which drew loud mutters, and even louder angry shouts from the men. Only when they explained the offer from Louise and Glenda did the men cheer. “Oldest members of the crew first,” Captain Weston declared.

There were no scheduled stops between Valparaiso and San Francisco. Added to the money they brought with them; they’d be financially set when they got to their destination.

Glenda lived up to her end of the agreement. Over the next week, she played the bosun’s whistle for the entire crew of the East India. The Captain let her use his cabin; the only one on the ship. Then she spent a few nights with Captain Osterman. Each crew member gave her eight dollars each time, and of course, the captain didn’t pay; her passage was her payment as agreed upon back in New York.

After resting for a few days, she started all over again; all the way to San Francisco.

It was similar aboard the Queen of The West, except Louise spent hours on her back, and not on her knees. Some of the younger sailors could go all night, and then be ready for more. If they wanted to do her a second time, it would cost them another eight dollars. She was happy to accommodate them. Louise, who thought her skill as a piper wasn’t worth eight dollars, only fucked the sailors. However, she did blow the captain’s bosun’s whistle whenever he asked.

It was the end of September when they reached San Francisco. Glenda and Louise spent one last night aboard ship entertaining the captains, and then entertained them again in the morning. Louise told Captain Weston, “Glenda and I are planning to start our own house out here. Look for us, I’d gladly fuck you anytime.”

A small bit of trouble occurred when the sailors aboard the Queen of the West learned that their comrades aboard the East India had the bosun’s whistles blown all the way from Valparaiso. They felt somewhat cheated.

Glenda didn’t want to see a riot. “Louise, why don’t you go look for a house either for sale or abandoned eanr the waterfront, while I make it up to the sailors aboard the Queen of the West?”

“You’d blow their bosun’s whistles?”

“Of course, they’re going to pay me.” Glenda smiled.

While Glenda stayed aboard ship, in the captain’s cabin on her knees, Louise searched for a house. The condition of the house didn’t matter; there seemed to be plenty of men looking for work who might be willing to do construction.

It took Glenda three days to do each of the sailors aboard the Queen of the West, then she joined Louise looking for a house. They found not one, but two abandoned buildings right next to each other, that could easily be converted into living quarters, not far from the newly constructed Long Wharf; ideal for attracting sailors. 

Louise and Glenda had unknowingly stepped into a gold mine. An actual honest-to-goodness gold mine. Renovations were completed by November 1848 and in January 1849, the world found out that gold had been discovered northeast of Sacramento. By the Spring, thousands upon thousands of men were flocking into California. Most through San Francisco.

These men needed everything in their search for gold, but the one thing they needed that wasn’t available in the goldfields were women. Louise and Glenda were there at the end of the wharf anxious to provide them with their services. These men came thousands and thousands of miles and they’d been without women for months.

The young women were shocked to find how easy it was to recruit other women to work for them. Women who came west in search of adventure; women who were searching for husbands or searching for husbands who had deserted them back East. When their dreams fell apart, Louise and Glenda were more than happy to offer them employment, and help them get back on their feet, at least financially.

Louise ran one house, and Glenda the other, but at the end of the month they divided the profits equally. Both houses couldn’t accommodate all the men anxious for the warmth of a woman, but Glenda’s house did better. As you’ll recall, Glenda’s specialty had been blowing the bosun’s whistle, as it was called aboard ship, and here in San Francisco, she recruited women who were willing to do the same.

It was whispered among the miners, the sailors, the dockworkers and just about everyone else that Glenda’s house was the Mouth House, with good reason. Oh, you could get fucked there, but the girls Glenda hired made sure that every man who entered knew that for just a few dollars more the girls in the Mouth House would gladly get on their knees.

Six months after they started their enterprise, “Glenda, can you manage both houses for a few months?”

“Of course, are you leaving? Where are you going?”

“I have an idea. Those gold fields are a hundred miles away. What if we brought the girls to the gold fields?”

“I don’t understand.”

“Glen, what if we bought a covered wagon, put two beds in the back with a curtain in between for a little privacy, and I drove it with two girls to where the men are?”

“Oh, my that’s a wonderful idea. There are covered wagons everywhere. Once they get out here from the East they’re almost useless.”

Getting the wagon and reconfiguring it was easy: one bed in the front and one in the back. Once Glenda and Louise agreed to give the girls 75% of all the money, it was easy to recruit two girls: one from each house.

By the time Louise and the two girls set out, the road to the gold fields was well marked. Whenever they came upon a group of miners, Louise got down from the wagon, and approach them, “Boys, I’ve got two girls in the back anxious to get to know you.” She’d tell them know the price, and “If you go in the front, Anna will be waiting for you with her legs spread. And if you go in the back, Mary will be on her knees, and boys, she won’t be praying.”

In places where there was a large contingent of miners, Louise had to keep them in line; all waiting their turn. There was no greater concentration for miners than where four or five streams entered the American River within a half-mile radius.

Anna didn’t even bother to put something on. As soon as one miner finished another was clamoring to get inside the wagon and inside Anna. In the back of the wagon, men lined up anxious for Mary to blow their bosun’s whistle which it was called even out here; far from the coast. The twenty-five-year-old had a natural talent for blowing the bosun’s whistle, which she’d been doing since she was eighteen along Philadelphia’s docks. At the end of the day, she rested, “Louise, I’ll bet I swallowed almost a gallon today. And it looks like I’ll swallow just as much tomorrow.”

Louise thought she was exaggerating, but in the days to come, it was possible that she was underestimating. “Mary, it doesn’t sound like you’re complaining.”

“Not at all. Look how much we’ve made.” Louise was amazed that this woman wasn’t embarrassed, not in the least, by what she was doing. Not the way Louise was when she first started aboard ship. While trying to keep the men in line at the back of the wagon, Louise had watched Mary at work. Louise thought, ‘the woman is either one of the best actresses in the world or she really loves blowing the bosun’s whistle.”

Mary made every man who left the back of the wagon feel like he had the biggest, hardest most amazing cock she’d ever put in her mouth, and she wasn’t shy about letting them know she’d put a lot of cocks in her mouth.

At the end of each day, both girls were exhausted, and although they needed some rest, the lines outside the wagon at daybreak the next morning were just as long. There were so many men anxious for a turn that Louise herself, set up a tent next to the wagon, and entertained men who had been waiting.

For a week, the lines never stopped. Anna spent hours and hours on her back, and Mary on her knees. Louise on her best week in New York never fucked as many men as she did each day at the mining camp.

Shortly thereafter, Louise hired a gunman to protect them from thieves. They were making so much money, it would have been silly not to. In addition to his payment, Anna and Mary gave their bodyguard a free one on occasion.

They were gone almost three months, and Mary received a surprise when they returned. A well-dressed gentleman had been inquiring about her for weeks at the Mouth House.

When they finally returned he asked for her, “My name is Joshua Anderson. You may not remember me, but about a month ago, I was one of those miners, in one of those camps. I thought you were the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen. Now, that my mine has struck it rich, will you marry me?”

No, Mary didn’t remember him. They all looked the same scruffy beards, dirty and smelly. Perhaps if he dropped his pants, she’d remember his bosun’s whistle, but there were so many, that was unlikely. Joshua Anderson was one of the few miners who actually made a fortune during the Gold Rush. People like Louise and Glenda were more likely to strike it rich.

“Mr. Anderson, did you hit your head on a rock? Did another miner hit you in the head with a shovel? If you were in one of those camps, then you know exactly the kind of woman I am, and I’m not the kind of woman that a respectable gentleman marries.”

“Miss Mary, I know exactly the kind of woman you are. I overheard you one evening say that you must have swallowed a gallon. So, now that I know, will you marry me?”

Mary did marry Joshua Anderson. His mine made millions of dollars. She became a leading philanthropist in the city, providing funds for a modern hospital and a symphony. Except for Louise and Glenda no one remembered the young girl who joyfully swallowed gallons.

Less than a year later, Louise and Glenda hired an official gold assayer. Why? Men coming back from the gold fields wanted to pay for the girls with the gold they’d found. Gold was worth about twenty dollars an ounce, and these miners willingly paid an ounce of gold for just an hour with one of the girls.

Why so much? For the first two years of the California Gold Rush, Louise and Glenda’s houses were the only two of their kind in all of San Francisco. Oh, there were girls who walked the streets and frequented the saloons in San Francisco before Louise and Glenda arrived, but not a house, two in fact, which held the promise of fulfilling the miners’ needs, desires and fantasies.

To ensure that they never were on the wrong side of the law, Glenda, herself, once a month, discreetly entertained local officials. Her talent as a bosun’s whistle blower, kept the houses in good standing with the law.

When the competition became overwhelming, Glenda and Louise sold their houses and were busy transforming themselves into respectable ladies of the growing metropolis of San Francisco. They both married, had children, and their grandchildren, and great-grandchildren are among the most respected citizens in all of California. You would be shocked by the upstanding citizens of the state who could trace their ancestry to the two whores who had fucked and sucked their way to respectability.

Published 
Written by Melville
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments