Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Delightful Dalliances

30
28 Comments 28
7.5k Views 7.5k
6.7k words 6.7k words
Editors Pick
Recommended Read

Author's Notes

"This is another one-off story following on from the series, The Tribulations Of Tobias, about the life and loves of an 18th-century English country vicar and those of his friends and family. Thanks so much to ChrisM for checking that any French isn't as bad as my English! Bisous!"

St. Margaret’s Vicarage, Stratton-Over-Wye, Spring 1784

What bliss, thought Lucy Whitmore as she listened to the birdsong in the slightly unkempt vicarage garden. Even if she racked her brains, she couldn’t remember the last time she had a quiet minute to herself. What with a growing family and a clerical husband whose door was always open for the needy or just plain talkative, together with an eternally hopeless housekeeper, her life was at a constant sprint.

This morning though, as it had dawned bright and sunny, Matilda, the family’s eminently capable nursery maid, decided to take all three Whitmore children out for a walk. She colluded with one of their efficient daily maids, and Lucy found herself bustled out into the garden with a pot of tea. And miracle of miracles, it was still hot.

Not that she didn’t count her blessings. Even if they all seemed to need her attention at the top of their voices, she adored her offspring and was thankful for their robust good health. Then there was her darling husband Tobias, she thought affectionately, frequently absent-minded, occasionally infuriating but always loyal and loving.

Holding her teacup, her mind drifted back to her heartbroken state seven years previously, following her fiancé’s death in battle. If Tobias had not come along at the right time with his gift of friendship that soon blossomed into love, she could only guess at her lot.

No doubt, as an ageing spinster she would suffer her mother’s increasingly desperate attempts to marry her off to anyone who would have her. Lucy shuddered at the prospect and comforted herself with another sip of hot tea.

Life is good, she thought contentedly. She had her own home to manage, pleasingly ramshackle compared to her mother’s stringent standards, her beloved family and dear, true friends with whom to share her contentment. She smiled, thinking of Meg, their closest family friend who lived in Titterington, the next town along. As her spouse Alex was in the Merchant Navy, Meg often brought their one-year-old daughter Elizabeth Lucy, Lizzie to the family, to play with the Whitmore children while the ladies exchanged gossip.

Lizzie was inevitably monopolised by strong-minded Rose, now three, and attempts by her six-year-old brother, Jamie to gain Lizzie’s attention were met by a stern, “Go away. That’s my baby!”

Tobias frequently said that Rose’s bossy streak might be amusing if it didn’t remind him so much of his mother, in which case she’d probably be running the household with an iron rule by the time she was five.

The closeness of the two little girls was sweet, but as they were half-sisters by blood, Lucy was always anxious that someone outside their extended family circle might notice the distinct resemblance. Thank heavens Lizzie has inherited Meg’s dark curls, Lucy mused.

Given Alex was born female but had chosen to live her life as a man, Tobias (due to his premarital connection with Meg) was selected to do the necessary to give the couple the hope of a child together, with Lucy’s prior blessing, of course.

Lucy would not only trust Meg with her life, but also her husband. To sweeten the deal, Meg had confided Alex’s skill with a certain china pleasure toy so that any amorous benefits of the arrangement would not be for Meg and Tobias alone.

Tobias was not only willing to fulfil this unorthodox pastoral duty but was transported by the notion of his wife and Alex intimately together. Once his mission was deemed successful, when in the privacy of their bed at night, he virtually begged Lucy to recount every moment of the erotic encounter. Tobias was so overcome with repeated enthusiasm that the inevitable result was six-month-old Theo.

Lucy took another sip of tea as she reflected on another potential dilemma. A couple of weeks ago, the two women and all four children were in the vicarage parlour one wet afternoon. Above the chaos, Meg recounted that as Alex was again on board ship, her good friend Betty had asked her to visit her in Bath, where she was currently employed as an actress.

“I haven’t seen Betty for ages and would love to go, but I’m hampered with that nuisance,” she said, with a nod of her head towards Lizzie, such maternal fondness in her voice that no one could take her dismissive words seriously.

“It’s not that Betty would mind,” she added, “but her place isn’t set up for children. Can you imagine grubby hands all over the silk curtains and baby sick on the cushions?” Meg rolled her eyes at the thought of the damage one small girl could do to her friend’s elegant terraced residence in The Circus.

Without pausing for thought, Lucy said, “But we could take Lizzie for a short while. After all, Rose would want her here every day if she was allowed.”

Meg’s eyes lit up at this suggestion, but after mulling it over, she slowly shook her head. “Lucy, you are the soul of kindness, but that would be too much to ask. You have more than enough to handle with your three, plus Tobias,” she said with a grin. “I appreciate your offer, but it wouldn’t be fair.” Although she stated this firmly, Lucy could see the disappointment in her face.

Lucy impulsively mentioned the idea to her husband later, catching him alone in this study, and wasn’t altogether surprised when he echoed Meg’s sentiments.

“My love,” he said, mildly concerned, “such an offer only reflects your good heart. But you have numerous household burdens on your shoulders already.” To emphasise his point, they both winced at a crash somewhere in the building, either a result of Jamie trying to reach for something too high for him or yet another china serving dish added to the housekeeper’s score.

Recalling this advice, Lucy frowned. She would dearly like to help Meg with a few welcome days away with Betty. Enjoying the sun on her face and the still-warm beverage, Lucy felt she could take on the world, let alone little Lizzie. However, with experience, she knew she might feel differently by early evening when she would be more than glad to chivvy her protesting brood into their beds.

 

Three months later...

Tobias sat at the desk in his study, devising his Sunday sermon from several scraps of scribbled notes. Meg had called around shortly after dinner, and their combined offspring were playing together. As he wrote, he smiled at the sound of the children’s voices and shrieks of joy coming from the parlour, then frowned as he heard a repetitive cough punctuating the happy clamour.

He hesitated, his quill pen hovering over the half-filled page. Despite warm summer days, Lucy was under the weather, which concerned him.

In his mind, the cause had started in late spring when Lucy prevailed on taking little Lizzie for a week to give Meg a chance to visit her friend Betty in Bath.

He had observed since their three children ran them ragged, then a fourth might founder them altogether. Lucy had protested that Lizzie would be no trouble, and indeed, during the child’s stay, he didn’t notice a disruption. However, he suspected this was because Lucy shouldered the main burden of care.

Then came a particularly wet and miserable June, where the whole neighbourhood, including the vicarage household, came down with a summer cold. He and the children had thrown it off quite quickly, but Lucy was still off-colour by the time Tobias’ mother arrived, using as her excuse that she was not yet introduced to her youngest grandchild.

Tobias sighed and set down the pen before a drip of ink could blot the page. His mother, although well-meaning, was set in her ways and tried to impose what she felt was correct order on a shockingly relaxed household. This attitude inevitably caused a sense of strain.

During the elder Mrs Whitmore’s stay, Meg wisely kept her distance. Although they missed their friend, Tobias agreed with Lucy that of all people, his mother might spot the Whitmore stamp on young Lizzie’s features. This was a conversation best avoided permanently.

However, during an outing to Titterington, Lucy and Mrs Whitmore senior had met Meg on the High Street. Polite niceties were unavoidable under the circumstances, and Lucy reported later to Tobias that Meg had been the personification of demure charm. Unsurprisingly, this display didn’t fool Mrs Whitmore in the slightest. When the three adults sat down to dinner and Meg’s name was mentioned, his mama had frowned and said, “I know that she’s a frequent visitor to the vicarage, but I have to say there’s something not quite right about that young woman.”

Tobias froze in guilty terror, but to his relief, Lucy smoothly picked up the conversational baton. “But mama,” she protested with wide-eyed innocence, “She’s a friend of my family!”

Tobias silently congratulated his wife on the clever if erroneous implication that Meg had the approval of the Holbournes, Lucy’s entirely respectable parents.

“I suppose if your mother tolerates her, then I must too,” his mama had said slightly doubtfully, and the subject was thankfully dropped.

As a roar of laughter from Jamie interrupted his musings, Tobias picked up his pen to continue his sermon before the ink dried up altogether. He had only written a few more lines before there was a tap at the door.

Expecting Lucy, he was almost as pleased that it was the comely figure of Meg who entered the room, shutting the door behind her.

“Am I disturbing you?” She asked with a smile

“Yes, you are, thank goodness,” Tobias said, putting down his pen again. “I only hope that congregation won’t find this as dull as I do.”

Meg sat opposite him, saying, “As we’re just about to leave, I wanted a quick word. I have to say that I’m concerned about Lucy.”

”I’m worried she hasn’t shaken off that wretched cold as yet,” Tobias agreed.

“And I still feel guilty that I loaded Lizzie on her in May,” Meg said.

“Lucy insisted,” Tobias replied honestly. “In her own way, she can be as stubborn as Rose.”

Meg laughed, “Well, as we are agreed, I wonder what you might make of this scheme? Since Lucy was so kind to leave me unencumbered to visit Betty, why don’t I return the favour? Betty would love to see her and, as Alex will be home in two weeks, we will gladly take Rose for a while, if that would help?”

“I think it’s a splendid design!” declared Tobias with a broad smile. “A rest and a change of scene are just what Lucy needs.”

He rapidly thought aloud, saying, “Lucy’s mother would gladly have Theo, especially with a whole heap of maids to help and make a fuss of him. Jamie can stay here as it’s a quiet time of year in the parish. All the elderly ladies find him far more charming than me, so I can take him on my rounds.”

“That all sounds very manageable. I’ll write to Betty straightaway to put things in place,” Meg said, rising. “Then I’ll leave it up to you to persuade Lucy to our plan.”

~~~

Tobias felt that preparation was the best way to deal with his wife’s inevitable objections. So, he scribbled more notes on the back of those containing fragments of his sermon and prayed he did not get them confused when standing at the pulpit.

However, once Lucy was convinced and a date had been set for her departure, an obstacle arose from an unexpected source. One afternoon, Lucy entered her husband’s study clutching a letter.

“My love,” she said with considerable agitation, rushing to his side. “I think that Betty has a mistaken impression about my visit.”

Obligingly, Tobias set aside his Biblical reading to take the missive.

Dear Lucy, he read,

I am looking forward to having you staying here in Bath. With just us two girls together, we can have such fun. Tobias noted this last word was emphasised by being underscored three times.

As my dear Denny will be at his estate, we can kick up all kinds of larks without our men objecting to our pleasures! To add to that, there is a pick of handsome young players for you to play with, should the fancy take you. Such adventures we shall have!

Anticipating your arrival on the 3rd of the month,

Yrs, &tc

Tobias burst out laughing. “Betty hasn’t changed,” he said cheerfully. Noticing his wife’s uncertain frown, he pulled her onto his knee.

“She’s just teasing,” he reassured Lucy, putting his arms around her. “You know Betty’s ways of old. Meg will have told her already that you need to recuperate during your time away.”

“I suppose so,” Lucy said, putting her head on his shoulder. “Although I’ll miss you and my babies, I was only planning on getting my strength back. I’m not a prude, but I was startled by Betty’s assumption that the purpose of my trip was to snag an illicit lover.”

As she relaxed against him, Tobias breathed in her sweetly familiar scent and kissed her neck. “Darling Lucy,” he said. “Giving you the chance to recover fully is the main objective. But if the fancy takes you, as Betty put it, I have no objection to you seeking extra pleasures,” his lips moved to her ear as he whispered, “on the proviso that you tell me every... single... detail.”

His wife shivered as he kissed the delicate line of her jaw in between each word until their lips meshed together promisingly. Inevitably, before any further intimacy could occur, the strident tones of the churchwarden rang out in the hallway.

With a resigned sigh, the couple separated from their close embrace, Lucy reluctantly clambering off Tobias’ somewhat raised lap.

“I’d better take this out of harm’s way,” she giggled, grabbing the racy letter from the desk while giving her husband a final teasing kiss. She reached the study door precisely before the intruder could breach the threshold.

“Ah, Churchwarden, how nice to see you,” she uttered serenely. “The Vicar is expecting your call and is quite ready for you now.”

Before schooling his features in an appropriate expression, Tobias grinned at how Lucy was showing a knack for intrigue that would stand her in good stead with Betty.

~~~

Uncharacteristically, Tobias planned Lucy’s day of departure like a military operation, or what he imagined one to be. He had to admit, the only examples he was aware of were those of his brother Tom, who seemed to spend his military career doing as little as humanly possible.

Tobias arranged to get Lucy on an early coach to Bath before the household was fully awake, mainly so the children could not distract their fond mother and persuade her to stay.

Lucy was determined to obey her husband’s strictures and not fret about her family as the coach rattled and shook its way on the road for most of the day. She found she was more distracted by not coughing over the other passengers, which was effective if an uncomfortable way to pass the journey.

To her surprise, Betty met her at the coaching inn and had hired a sedan chair to take them up the hill to The Circus while her footmen carried Lucy’s bags. On arrival at her gracious home, having scanned her friend’s exhausted appearance with a sharp glance, Betty whisked Lucy up to her splendid first-floor drawing room to admire the furnishings and the view over the central communal garden.

Lucy was too weary to notice that this was a delaying ploy for the maid to unpack her clothing. As soon as Betty got the nod, she led Lucy upstairs to the beautifully appointed guest room with her nightgown laid out on the inviting bed and strict instructions to get comfortable.

Once Lucy was changed and in bed, Betty reappeared with a glass of brandy and hot water and stood over her like a mother-hen until she finished it.

“I’m off to get ready for the theatre now,” Betty said, kissing Lucy’s cheek. “And you, young lady, are to get some sleep.”

~~~

After a day or two of complete rest, Lucy rallied enough to enjoy the sights of Bath. Since her hostess rose towards the middle of the day after a late night at the theatre, Lucy occupied the morning by browsing the shops or walking to nearby Barton Fields to enjoy the vista and the balmy summer air.

Despite the naughty tone of her letter, Betty took her nursing duties seriously and excused Lucy from any socialising until she judged her guest restored. On the third morning, having slept well and enjoyed an hour outdoors, Lucy joined her hostess, yawning and in her wrapper, for a late breakfast. Lucy was pleased to learn that she was permitted to attend the theatre with Betty that evening.

While enjoying a saucer of coffee, her pleasure was increased by a letter presented to her on a silver salver addressed with her dear husband’s distinctive spidery handwriting. As she opened it, a fleeting panic the household had collapsed without her was dispelled by the greeting.

Dearest Lucy,

Before you start worrying, we are all well and nothing or no one has been broken beyond repair in your absence.

I can report that Theo is being doted on at your mama’s to such a degree that he will be disgusted at the dip in standards of service once he returns home. Meg declares that Rose is not only good company for Lizzie but keeping her and Alex entertained. I dare not enquire further than that.

Jamie sends his love to you, together with a kiss. Although he is enjoying having Matilda and me to himself, he was a little put out that Rose was chosen to stay with his darling Meg. We had a man to man discussion on the subject and concluded that it was best for filial relations (and possibly his bodily safety) not to separate Rose from “her baby”.

Meg, bless her kind heart, has promised to take him out for an afternoon once you have returned home, which has settled the matter without a tear being shed. Other than that, Jamie is content to attend any afternoon visits with me. I am glad to report that eating his body weight in cake as a result of these excursions doesn’t seem to have done him any lasting damage.

I know Betty will be looking after you and hope that by the time this letter gets to Bath, you will be in better health and spirits.

All I can do is to encourage you to have fun, this word was underlined three times in an echo of Betty’s letter that made Lucy smile, and to rest and thoroughly enjoy yourself.

I send my fondest love along with Jamie’s,

Your loving husband,

Tobias

Lucy passed the letter over to Betty as she was buttering her toast. She smiled and said, “How lovely to have such a sweet family,” in a slightly wistful tone.

Lucy looked up from her coffee cup. “Would you like to have children?” She asked.

“Oh, all in good time,” Betty said with a careless wave of her hand, holding a triangle of toast. “Denny’s forever asking me to marry him, and I’ve assured him I will eventually. But why desert my career before it gives up on me? I’ve many years left to become respectable and be a grand lady and give him half a dozen little honourables,” she said comfortably. Lucy grinned at Betty’s earthy practicality.

SavageTeacher
Online Now!
Lush Cams
SavageTeacher

As her hostess was not required at the theatre until early evening, they spent a cosy afternoon at home until it was time to dress. Lucy marvelled over the luxury of a full hour with no interruptions and the assiduous attentions of a personal maid to change her frock and arrange her hair.

Having brought some pretty summer dresses with her, she was pleased with her appearance when Betty knocked at the door to see if she was ready.

“Lovely,” that lady remarked, casting her eye over Lucy’s pale blue satin gown. Then she frowned suddenly, “but you don't need that,” she said, whisking away the covering fichu to reveal the low neckline. “You’re not in the country now!”

Lucy wanted to protest that she felt anxious exposing so much of her bosom. Then as she glanced at Betty’s magnificent embonpoint, it occurred to her that in comparison, her own decidedly modest décotellage would escape attention.

Lucy thoroughly enjoyed the outing to the theatre. Watching Betty tread the boards successfully was a delight, as she praised her friend during the post-performance party in the upper room of an inn near Old Orchard Street. Having attended such enjoyments with Tobias on their previous trip to Bath, she missed his presence but was welcomed by all.

The well-established actresses engaged her in conversation about her family while interspersing anecdotes about their grown-up children. Their younger colleagues were at first slightly aloof, but once it transpired Lucy was not a rival for their roles and a fresh-faced one at that, they unbent to become more cordial.

Lucy enjoyed some genteel flirting with veteran actors. She giggled to herself that the younger leading men, despite bestowing extravagant compliments on her, were prone to catching their reflections in the mirror, or even the back of a serving spoon, and preening like peacocks.

On the second evening, while mingling with the theatre crowd after the show, Betty introduced her to members of the orchestra that accompanied the performances.

She turned to a dashing young man in a dark red coat with skin the colour of milky coffee, “I’d like to introduce my dear friend, Mrs Whitmore. Lucy, my love, this is Tony and he plays the fiddle.”

The musician gave her a mock-outraged look, as he bent over Lucy’s hand and kissed it elegantly. “Elle adore faire des bêtises,” he said mildly, shooting a pretend glare in Betty’s direction. “Madame,” he addressed Lucy in perfect, slightly-accented English, “I am enchanted. However, my name is Antoine and my instrument is, in fact, the viola.” Betty giggled as he rolled his eyes at her and Lucy guessed that this mutual teasing was quite usual.

“As Lucy speaks the lingo, I thought you could jabber away in French with each other,” Betty said gaily, before being distracted by another arrival to the fray.

Antoine declared himself delighted to be able to converse in French. He was attentive and charming, and Lucy noted that he didn’t once try to catch sight of his handsome profile on a reflective surface. She felt a little colourless and staid compared to the flamboyant actresses, so Lucy was gratified to have such attractive company. She noted that Antoine’s manners were as á point as his clothing, with gold-coloured lace at his cuffs and collar that contrasted agreeably with his velvety skin. Also, he did not overload her with insincere flattery and had a wicked sense of humour. Lucy could see why he was a favourite of Betty’s.

~~~

One afternoon, before they dressed for the evening, Betty casually announced that Lucy should wear her best rig-out since they were invited to a party. Lucy obeyed the stricture, but when leaving the theatre after the play, rather than proceeding to a house within Bath, Betty led her to the White Hart Inn where a hired coach awaited them.

When asked their destination, Betty just tapped her nose and said with a cheeky grin, “It’s a surprise,” and was drawn no further. However, Lucy did not have long to wait as, only a few miles out of town, they turned off the main road into a long carriage drive and halted in front of a splendid edifice, grandly lit with torches to announce the festivities.

As they entered the equally lavish ballroom, Lucy was glad that Betty had warned her to wear something special as everyone was arrayed magnificently. The early part of the evening passed in a whirl of introductions and dancing and laughter. Lucy was taking some refreshment in between dances, when without warning, Betty caught her by the hand and led her out onto the terrace almost before she had time to put her glass on the proffered tray.

Lucy assumed that Betty simply wanted some fresh air after several vigorous country dances and was taken aback when she was marched down a path that led into the grounds. In bafflement, she asked, “Where are we going?”

All she got in response from Betty was another naughty giggle and, “You’ll see!”

As Lucy’s eyes accustomed to the darkness, she thought she spied a glimmer of light through the bushes that surrounded the path. Before long, they came out into a clearing before a folly designed as a Grecian temple. In contrast to the main building, it was not only tucked away but discreetly lit.

Betty halted and handed Lucy a half mask to cover the upper part of her face. “What’s this for?” Lucy asked, more puzzled than ever.

As she tied the ribbons of her mask in place, Betty replied mysteriously, “To signify that we’re here to look and not touch.” Lucy had to be satisfied with that gnomish pronouncement since Betty swept up the steps, Lucy fumbling to put her mask in place as she followed her.

As they entered the inner room, all became clear. This was sport of a very different kind to the polite occasion taking place at the mansion. The alternative partygoers, rather than in their best brocades, were in floating Grecian style robes. Or at least they had been before the entertainment commenced, Lucy thought as she glanced at the couples disporting on various strategically placed couches wearing very little indeed.

Betty led her to an alcove from which they could view the lusty entertainment. Lucy saw other recesses dotted around the room, containing a few people, fully dressed and masked as discreet spectators. At first, given that this party was well underway in more ways than one, Lucy almost didn’t know where to look. She thought it typical of Betty to spring this surprise without any warning.

Having been handed a glass of wine by that lady, grinning beneath her mask, Lucy began to adjust to the scene before her. Although more private, this event was as lavishly catered as the one in the ballroom. Waiters hovered with trays of drinks for both watchers and players, and Lucy spotted a most imaginative use for a glass of wine that made her raise her eyebrows above her mask. She also noticed an upper gallery, from which a small orchestra serenaded the groaning throng. Although the musicians were masked, there was amongst them a man with dusky skin who was recognisably Antoine. Lucy began to hazard a guess at how Betty wangled an entrée to both functions.

Watching the unfolding vista of lust, Lucy thought rather ruefully of Tobias who would surely be diverted by such a display. She scanned around the room, finding a grouping of a sturdy man and two voluptuous ladies that she knew would appeal to his tastes. She was committing their exploits to memory when Antoine appeared at her side.

“Do you see something that particularly catches your eye?” he asked with amusement at her concentration as he sipped a glass of wine.

Lucy glanced at him and giggled, saying, “Oh, it’s not that. I just wanted to make sure to remember this all to relate to my husband.”

Antoine was even more amused as Lucy explained, “You see, he’s at home looking after the children while I’m here. I wouldn’t want him to miss out on all this.”

Antoine laughed, and his smile was wide and sincere as he said, “It is only right that such a lovely lady should have such a generous husband,” and he kissed her hand gallantly before returning to his musical duties in the gallery.

As the soirée continued, the participants became even more uninhibited, coupling in combinations that would not have previously occurred to Lucy, who felt very sheltered and naive. Eventually, Betty signalled it was time to return to the main party, and the two women slipped out of the room, unnoticed by the heaving throng.

They removed their masks in the cool night air while Betty said brightly, “Did you enjoy that? When Tony told me what purpose he was hired here for tonight, I thought it might be diverting.”

“That’s one word for it,” Lucy said, making Betty laugh.

“Since we’re both attached to our loved ones, and I’ve promised Denny to be true to him, I thought it might be enjoyable to watch,” Betty said airily as they came to the terrace of the main house. They joined the dancing in the ballroom as if the fleshly diversion in the folly had never happened.

When night became early morning, and Lucy’s feet were so sore she could dance no more, the carriage was summoned. As he finished his musical stint, Antoine accompanied them for the return journey.

The conversation in the carriage was subdued, and perhaps wholly not from tiredness, Lucy thought as her mind whirled with an array of carnal images from the temple of Venus.

Once Antoine was set down at his lodgings, the ladies returned home to The Circus and wearily trooped up the stairs of the sleeping house.

As Lucy got into bed, she still felt unnerved by all the enticing sights she had seen. Trying to calm her raised pulse by thinking virtuous thoughts, she was just about to blow out the candle when Betty tripped into the room arrayed in her nightgown.

“I can’t sleep after all that excitement,” Betty said, throwing off the garment to reveal her splendid curves. “Move over,” she added, coming towards the bed with intent.

“But Betty,” Lucy attempted to protest, despite the glorious sight she had thoroughly enjoyed before and, no doubt was about to again. “What about your promise to be faithful to Denys?”

“Oh, I meant with another man. You’re a girl, so that doesn’t count,” Betty said dismissively before joining Lucy under the covers. Before she could object, not that she was much inclined, Lucy was engulfed by Betty’s delicious warmth. Without much ado, lifting Lucy’s nightgown to her hips, Betty straddled her and moved forcefully against her, rocking her way to mutual excitement. In no time, Lucy was pleasurably smothered by Betty’s splendid bosom as they combined the heat and moisture of their feminine parts. Knowing her darling Tobias would gladly encourage her to partake of such delights, Lucy willingly succumbed to vigorously noisy satisfaction to end the evening on a fitting note.

~~~

After a few days of normality, the adventures of that night faded. Lucy's days were occupied with buying gifts for the children or attending the Pump Room to mingle with polite society. Then in the evening, she was in the habit of visiting the theatre with her hostess, pleased to support her in her chosen career.

If during the inevitable post-performance gathering, Betty had her head close to her musician friend confidentially, Lucy assumed she imagined the sudden gleam in Antoine’s eye.

The next night, after leaving the inn with Betty and Antoine somewhat earlier than was their custom, Lucy was bemused that, rather than walking up the hill to The Circus, Betty turned right as if to go to the centre of town.

“Where are we going now?” Lucy asked, half-exasperated and half-amused at her friend’s antics.

“Follow me and find out,” Betty said with a wink. As they scurried along, towards the insalubrious district of Westgate Street, Lucy was glad of Antoine’s protective presence.

She began to get her bearings and assumed they would come out on the grand piazza in front of Bath Abbey. However, Betty ducked down a side lane and finally halted in a dim passageway that Lucy guessed must be at the back of the Pump Rooms.

“Voila!” Betty exclaimed in an atrocious French accent. She tugged on the handle of a half-hidden door which opened easily and she stepped over the threshold, giggling.

“Where is she taking us?” Lucy asked, totally bemused.

Antoine shrugged elegantly. “Who knows with Madame Betty, but it will be très amusant, for sure.” He stepped back politely to let Lucy through the doorway and she trailed through the shadows after Betty’s disappearing figure.

This was a very different side of the baths complex compared to the elegant and modern facade, as they followed ancient passageways, weaving both outdoor and in. Lucy was so busy keeping Betty in view that only later did she wonder at what Roman ghosts they might be disturbing, or more prosaically, what if one of them tripped over a piece of medieval masonry and knocked themselves out, only to be discovered as a shameful trespasser the next day.

As it was, they eventually emerged into the wide-open area of the Roman Great Baths. Even in the hazy moonlight, it was a magnificent sight. Lucy paused, soaking in the atmosphere as the water gushed from the hot springs.

Betty had no such qualms. Still giggling, she started to unlace the front of her gown. Antoine shrugged, and smiling so that Lucy saw the gleam of his teeth, he started to undo the silver buttons on his form-fitting coat.

It seemed only courteous to join in, so Lucy began on the ribbons of her stays. Before her gown was undone, she heard a whoop and a splash as a newly naked Betty jumped into the baths.

As Antoine slid into the water more decorously, Lucy rather shyly slipped off her shift and entered the pool. “It’s lovely and warm,” Betty called across with no inhibitions whatsoever.

“What if we get caught?” Lucy hissed.

“Oh, there’s no one around,” Betty consoled her. “I was assured that it would be safe enough for us to be here tonight.”

Lucy wondered who Betty had bribed or charmed to gain illicit nighttime access to the hallowed waters.

Betty giggled again, “After our adventure the other night, I thought it would be fun to have our own Roman orgie.” At that announcement, Lucy was speechless. Antoine just laughed at Betty’s antics.

After a while, Lucy forgot that they were unclothed together and found the water very relaxing as she paddled in its luxurious heat. They gradually congregated at one end of the pool as they conversed.

“Ooh, I’m too hot,” Betty exclaimed, arising from the pool to sit on the edge. Lucy could only surmise that Antoine found Betty’s sumptuously dripping curves as enticing as she did.

“Come and join me, Lucy,” Betty said, patting the stone ledge beside her. Lucy obeyed automatically and perched beside her friend, finding herself slowly enveloped in a clinging clasp. There was a soft moan nearby and then a splash of displaced water to signify Antoine was leaving the pool for a better view.

While still interlaced with Betty, Lucy caught a glimpse of a gleaming dark body, tightly muscled and intensely masculine as Antoine drew closer.

Lucy’s abiding memory of that magical time was damp, steaming female skin entwined in a close embrace, punctuated by the rhythmic slap of nearby male self-pleasuring. If she was aware of another hand sliding between them occasionally to share the sensation of silky pliant flesh, it was never intrusive or interrupted their intimacy.

The tussle with Betty in Lucy’s bed had been fast and urgent, but in comparison, this was timeless and never-ending. Lucy almost couldn’t make out whose limbs were whose as the women dissolved into each other.

At last, all three were still as the pool bubbled silently before them. As the air grew chilly, they shrugged themselves into their clothes and made their way back to the thankfully still-unlocked door.

Fortunately, as they walked towards The Circus, there was a light rain shower, which not only meant the streets emptied but explained away their damp appearance and the women’s bedraggled hair. Once safely indoors, Betty ordered a rum punch to be made up and all three sat sipping decorously in her drawing-room.

“Well, that was fun,” Betty said brightly, causing Antoine to choke on his drink.

“I’ll never know what you’ll think of next,” Lucy said, which Betty took as a compliment. Eventually, Antoine took his leave to return to his lodgings, bestowing a lingering grateful kiss on the back of each lady’s hand.

~~~

It seemed like no time at all before Lucy’s holiday was over. On her final night, the theatricals gave her a fond farewell as if she was one of their own. When it came to Antoine’s turn, he embraced her warmly, kissing her on both cheeks. “You have been enchanting, Madame,” he said, his eyes gleaming with approval. “As I have said before, your husband is a very fortunate man.”

“I’ll be sure to tell him that,” Lucy replied with a dimpled smile.

The next morning, despite an early start, Betty accompanied Lucy to the coaching inn, complete with a couple of footmen to carry all of Lucy’s baggage. She waved away her guest’s thanks for restoring her to health and said with a wink, “Give my love to everyone and you are welcome back any time.”

Once on her way, Lucy thought how well-rested she felt compared to her outward journey. Her mind wandered idly over the events of the week, the friends she had made and the fun she had enjoyed, both conventional and slightly outrageous. Given Antoine’s good manners and sculpted physique, Lucy wondered how long it would take for Betty to succumb to his charms, despite her promise to Denys. She almost giggled aloud at the thought of Betty, dismissively waving her hand while saying, “Oh, that doesn’t count. After all, he’s French!”

Her homecoming was joyous, with Tobias greeting her enthusiastically at the coaching inn, informing her all three children awaited her return at the vicarage. Once home, Jamie hugged her tightly, saying how much he had missed his mama, even before he asked for his present.

In the parlour, over the children’s heads, Lucy passed on compliments to her husband from mutual acquaintances in Bath, while giving out noisily accepted toys and gifts. Eventually, when she had put her offspring to bed, Lucy went downstairs where Tobias was waiting with a glass of wine.

“Your very good health, my dear,” he said, toasting the safe return of his beloved. “And did you have much fun with Betty?” He grinned and raised an eyebrow.

Eager to please her loving husband, who had taken on the household burden during her absence, while taking a sip of wine, Lucy quickly scanned her memory for what frolics he might enjoy the most.

“Well,” she began, “we did attend a rather splendid orgie.”

Tobias was completely still, his eyes wide. Temporarily, Lucy thought she might have shocked her husband beyond his limits. Then he rose remarkably swiftly from his chair, snagged the wine jug and glasses with one hand and eagerly held out the other towards his wife. As he drew Lucy to her feet, she could see Tobias' eyes were alight with anticipation.

“In that case," he said, "we’d better take this upstairs.”

 

Published 
Written by curvygalore
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments