Writers Pet Peeves.

last reply
12 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I Saw Sprite's pet peeves as an editor so I thought I would give people on the other end of the coin somewhere to voice how they feel and as it's my thread, I'll start

(1) Although I am willing to deal with it now as my stories are catching on, I hate having to deal with multiple story mods while trying to publish, Especially considering I don't know what any of them find acceptable and what they don't. I remember when I was trying to publish chapter one of my story, It was a Royal pain because I got it back from one mod, fixed all the stuff the first mod didn't like only to get it back from a different mod who did not like some of the stuff that the first mod approved of.

(2) Getting links to forums that are supposed to help me, that from what I can see most are too full people debating to get anything useful out of it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
This is actually a great idea. seriously. we're always looking for ways to improve, so yeah, long as you all keep it civil, please please please give us some feed back. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
i know i've said it beofre but the formatting thing from word... is that fixed now?
The Creep
0 likes
Hehehe can I raise a request from Gav through here?

1. Can we keep the comment of a member who diactivated even if its a general avatar like the ones in forum who can be anonymous?

2. Can the comment be save with the story if I downloaded the pdf?

Thank you so much smile have a wonderful week everyone [bh]

Thank you Earl for this :)
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
i know i've said it beofre but the formatting thing from word... is that fixed now?

it is! i tested it out yesterday and it works SO PERFECTLY!
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by rune
Hehehe can I raise a request from Gav through here?

1. Can we keep the comment of a member who diactivated even if its a general avatar like the ones in forum who can be anonymous?

2. Can the comment be save with the story if I downloaded the pdf?

Thank you so much smile have a wonderful week everyone [bh]

Thank you Earl for this :)

Gav doesn't read the forums regularly. If you would like to make a concrete suggestion, please use the Contact Us form or perhaps try the improvements thread, here:

https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postsm2650624_Which-improvements-or-features-would-you-like-to-see-added.aspx#2650624

Have a great day!
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Master_Dragon883
I Saw Sprite's pet peeves as an editor so I thought I would give people on the other end of the coin somewhere to voice how they feel and as it's my thread, I'll start

(1) Although I am willing to deal with it now as my stories are catching on, I hate having to deal with multiple story mods while trying to publish, Especially considering I don't know what any of them find acceptable and what they don't. I remember when I was trying to publish chapter one of my story, It was a Royal pain because I got it back from one mod, fixed all the stuff the first mod didn't like only to get it back from a different mod who did not like some of the stuff that the first mod approved of.

(2) Getting links to forums that are supposed to help me, that from what I can see most are too full people debating to get anything useful out of it.

Certainly some very acceptable and understandable peeves here!

To address these:

1. You are free to request that the same Mod work with you to publish your work. It is, however, an agreement you have to make with that Mod yourself. I'd recommend that, if you get a story returned with requests for edits and you want to keep working with that Mod for the duration, then send that Mod a PM and start a conversation. You'll find that most of us are perfectly willing to work with you that way, given a little communication foreplay. ;)

If and when you do get a Mod to work with you, be sure to include a short blurb in the Note to Moderator box requesting that your story be left for [Mod's name here], then be sure and contact the Mod to tell them that you have a story in the queue. This is NOT queue jumping, because making friends with Mods should not make you more likely to post a story faster regardless of queue length at the time. It's simply a courtesy so that your Mod will know to look for it as it works its way up the queue.

I hope that helps you start resolving that particular peeve. smile

2. Very good point. We likely do need to go through our help threads and either clean them up or come up with new ones. Thank you. I'll see what I can get going.

This is a great thread. Thank you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It can be a pain, dealing with different personalities & desires in regard to a story. It should definitely be clarified for the mods as to what they'll accept or pass on. And some of the links aren't all that helpful with every literary problem. Gray areas in particular. And I certainly hope alcohol, as in drinks, isn't considered drug taking? It's socially acceptable as long as drunken debauchery doesn't ensue. Am I to assume such is the case in stories as well? It's what we do in given situations. Over & above common usage, so long as it's not gross in context. Like mom always told me, as an older teen on up, " It's only dirty if it's in your mind that it's dirty!" It's all in your personal outlook. I'll always wonder how far that went with her? I mean, what the heck, our parents were just as human as we! So, in light of that, some ground rules are needed so individual likes & dislikes don't confuse things & bog them down in nit-picky red tape. That's extra work for all concerned, which I'm sure all of us dislike.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by Elder1
It can be a pain, dealing with different personalities & desires in regard to a story. It should definitely be clarified for the mods as to what they'll accept or pass on. And some of the links aren't all that helpful with every literary problem. Gray areas in particular. And I certainly hope alcohol, as in drinks, isn't considered drug taking? It's socially acceptable as long as drunken debauchery doesn't ensue. Am I to assume such is the case in stories as well? It's what we do in given situations. Over & above common usage, so long as it's not gross in context. Like mom always told me, as an older teen on up, " It's only dirty if it's in your mind that it's dirty!" It's all in your personal outlook. I'll always wonder how far that went with her? I mean, what the heck, our parents were just as human as we! So, in light of that, some ground rules are needed so individual likes & dislikes don't confuse things & bog them down in nit-picky red tape. That's extra work for all concerned, which I'm sure all of us dislike.

We welcome all your questions regarding acceptable content. That is a big part of why we're here.

Directly referencing drugging, the rule refers to drugging someone unknowingly, then engaging in sexual situations with them. Essentially, we are trying to avoid scenarios. Drugs of all sorts are allowed in stories, as long as they are willingly ingested and all parties are able to consent to any sexual situations. Alcohol is fine, given the rules above.

If you have any other questions regarding content, grammar, punctuation or really anything having to do with stories here at Lush, please feel free to contact me directly. I am more than happy to help.

Regards,
--Ravenstar
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

We welcome all your questions regarding acceptable content. That is a big part of why we're here.

Directly referencing drugging, the rule refers to drugging someone unknowingly, then engaging in sexual situations with them. Essentially, we are trying to avoid scenarios. Drugs of all sorts are allowed in stories, as long as they are willingly ingested and all parties are able to consent to any sexual situations. Alcohol is fine, given the rules above.

If you have any other questions regarding content, grammar, punctuation or really anything having to do with stories here at Lush, please feel free to contact me directly. I am more than happy to help.

Regards,
--Ravenstar

What if I wrote a story where I got myself pissed, and then slept with a girl I wouldn't usually go near? You know, like an 8 out of 10?
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Quote by TheAngryishLover

What if I wrote a story where I got myself pissed, and then slept with a girl I wouldn't usually go near? You know, like an 8 out of 10?

This then becomes a psychological analysis. Were you able to consent to yourself? Did you drug yourself unknowingly? Do you have dissociative personality disorder? Are you, in fact, crazy?

I'd pass that story, yeah. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

This then becomes a psychological analysis. Were you able to consent to yourself? Did you drug yourself unknowingly? Do you have dissociative personality disorder? Are you, in fact, crazy?

I'd pass that story, yeah. ;)

I think we both know the answers to all your questions...

For those that don't, then: no, no, yes, yes