Login

Word count.

last reply
10 replies
1.0k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger

I've been trying to find out if the max word count is still only 10,000 words but haven't been able to locate it on this new web format.  Can someone please let me know if it's changed or is still the same.

thank you.

Charming as fuck

Still the same, thanks

Active Ink Slinger

Funny thing: I haven't entered the story yet but the word count is 384 already. Why is that? 

My story on word is 9726 words, and on Lush is 10488. That's why it's been rejected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Dirty Stop-out
Quote by WiseGinger

Funny thing: I haven't entered the story yet but the word count is 384 already. Why is that? 

My story on word is 9726 words, and on Lush is 10488. That's why it's been rejected.

I wrote a 99 word micro that the word counter on the submission page said was 156 words. When the mod verified it, they said it was 96 words. Will make competition word limits fun, that's for sure

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

For a book club with a difference... try this lesbian romp

Active Ink Slinger

Well I guess my last chapter will never get post then because it's 9,981 words.

Rookie Scribe

If a story exceeds the 10K word limit, I assume we can submit the story in parts or chapters as a series?  Trying to save myself some grief in the future.

Active Ink Slinger

Yes this is what we have all done in the past

Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by nightwaves

If a story exceeds the 10K word limit, I assume we can submit the story in parts or chapters as a series?  Trying to save myself some grief in the future.

Yes.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by WiseGinger

Was that an auto reject or did one of the mods send it back?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by deviantsusie
Quote by WiseGinger

I wrote a 99 word micro that the word counter on the submission page said was 156 words. When the mod verified it, they said it was 96 words. Will make competition word limits fun, that's for sure
Fun for who? Lol 

Quote by sprite
Quote by deviantsusie
Quote by WiseGinger

Fun for who? Lol 

Fun for you, silly!