What's the secret?

last reply
5 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've done all the hard work. wrote the story, formatted it into an e-book, figured out how to get published on Amazon, found and joined all the erotica websites, got myself on Twitter and Facebook, gave away the free samples, how do I get people to click on that link. I'm not asking anyone to take out a 2nd mortgage most folks spend 3 times more than 2 bucks on lunch everyday. I've got two stories here with 40,000 views. I just need to figure out how to get people to take that last step across the finish line and click the download button.
I hope you will all follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/@Tammy_Nguyen_77 I can also be found on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TammyNguyen1977

Tammy
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
The response I hear most often from published authors is "Keep them coming."

Quality matters, but in a market that's exploded in the last few years, you have to keep putting your name in front of folks, too. Those who like the latest work will explore your previous books.

Few people are going to break out on one or two Ebooks. You have to keep providing good reads and build slowly.

Much the same as it is here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77
I've done all the hard work. wrote the story, formatted it into an e-book, figured out how to get published on Amazon, found and joined all the erotica websites, got myself on Twitter and Facebook, gave away the free samples, how do I get people to click on that link. I'm not asking anyone to take out a 2nd mortgage most folks spend 3 times more than 2 bucks on lunch everyday. I've got two stories here with 40,000 views. I just need to figure out how to get people to take that last step across the finish line and click the download button.

Actually, with one of your ebooks presently showing a sales rank at the 200k range, it doesn't look like you're doing too badly if you look at the ranks of a lot of other erotica titles on Amazon. On FB, it helps to join a few of the erotic book fan groups where you can post ads/announcements of your titles. I know one author who does most of her posting early on Sunday mornings. She says this always stimulates sales. I haven't had as predictable experience, but then I'm not willing to get up that early. It's best to be consistent, though, so your name and titles become more and more familiar to more and more people.

Even more importantly...keep writing! There's nothing like putting out a new ebook to get fresh attention, and this helps bring new readers to the titles you've already published. Just keep at it.

It's tough for indie authors especially, but there are plenty of people who support them. It's worth trying to connect with a publisher, too, since having a publisher's imprint on your book never hurts. There's still a lot of self-promotion involved, but having that behind you is a good thing. It tells readers who don't know who you are that a publisher thought enough of your work to invest their resources into publishing it. Either way...with or without a publisher...hang in there for the long haul.
Lurker
0 likes
Words are the secret. Keep them coming and eventually your words fall on eyes. The best laid words are ones that cover like a blanket of ink falling before people find you while looking out the pane. Don't become discouraged.
Lurker
0 likes
The reality is that sex books don't get enough publicity or marketing on Amazon. For example, I've downloaded loads of ebooks from Amazon, and I didn't even know that sex books were available from the kindle store until I read this thread.

They're not really selling the product either by claiming that your book, Late Nite Pleasures, consists of just twenty-nine pages. That's got to be a mistake, surely?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Frank_Lee

Actually, with one of your ebooks presently showing a sales rank at the 200k range, it doesn't look like you're doing too badly if you look at the ranks of a lot of other erotica titles on Amazon. On FB, it helps to join a few of the erotic book fan groups where you can post ads/announcements of your titles. I know one author who does most of her posting early on Sunday mornings. She says this always stimulates sales. I haven't had as predictable experience, but then I'm not willing to get up that early. It's best to be consistent, though, so your name and titles become more and more familiar to more and more people.

Even more importantly...keep writing! There's nothing like putting out a new ebook to get fresh attention, and this helps bring new readers to the titles you've already published. Just keep at it.

It's tough for indie authors especially, but there are plenty of people who support them. It's worth trying to connect with a publisher, too, since having a publisher's imprint on your book never hurts. There's still a lot of self-promotion involved, but having that behind you is a good thing. It tells readers who don't know who you are that a publisher thought enough of your work to invest their resources into publishing it. Either way...with or without a publisher...hang in there for the long haul.

I think you may be reading that wrong, I've sold 4 books and made $3.00 since January 1st. I sold 9 and made $8.00 all of last year. I gave away 112 for free in 2013
I hope you will all follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/@Tammy_Nguyen_77 I can also be found on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TammyNguyen1977

Tammy