What helps & inspires you to write?

last reply
9 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
For me, it's listening to enigmatic chill out instrumental songs, when writing erotica. Then everything just flows out.

What about you guys? Is there a certain thing you do to help you relax and get your head into the zone?
Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous.
Lurker
0 likes
I sit in Starbucks & people watch while I write.

Doing it right now as s matter of fact.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Ooh, I've seen people in Starbucks writing. They always intrigue me. It is a relaxing spot to write. Especially with a nice cup of coffee or a cappuccino. :3
Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous.
Lurker
0 likes
It is smile

I doubt many of them are writing erotica though silly
Lurker
0 likes
The subjects in my Chloe stories are based on real people. The others are written on the back of online chats.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
I sit in Starbucks & people watch while I write.

Doing it right now as s matter of fact.

Similar, but my coffee shop of choice is Caribou - did that for lunch today

And yes, I was writing erotica while there ;)
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Yeah those people I see don't really seem like they're writing erotic novels. xD
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I listen to trance music if I'm writing at home. If I'm out I may jot down erotic ideas to add to an erotic story later on. So watch out for a smartly dressed man making notes quickly...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Music seems to work for me,when I listen to music i start to imagine sense in my head.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Absolutely nothing helps me except having a good idea for a plot and characters to pursue. Without that no music or setting or lighting or time of day or anything else will get anything worthwhile to come that's worth pushing the letters on a keyboard. With a good idea none of those factors, or the lack of them, will have any effect at all.